homepage

How to get in the 'dog house' or worse

Posted By: KraziKanuK

How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/20/17 07:52 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...nd_us_58cea338e4b0be71dcf57af5?ir=Canada

A Ghanaian soccer star may be in the doghouse after giving an awkward live TV interview where he mistakenly thanked his wife and girlfriend.

Mohammed Anas, who plays for South Africa’s Free State Stars, had just been named “man of the match” when he made the Freudian slip of the tongue during a post-game interview Friday night.

Firstly I appreciate my fans,” Mohammed Anas began, “and my wife and my girlfriend.” eek

Within seconds of catching his mistake, he quickly backtracked with some nervous-sounding laughter.

“I mean my wife, sorry for saying, I’m so sorry, my wife,” he said. “I love you so much. I love you so much from my heart.”

The 22-year-old scored twice during the South African Premier Division game, the Telegraph reported. But his gaffe left internet users wondering what may have been going on off field.[u][/u]
Posted By: MarkG

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/20/17 08:02 PM

She could be both, a little mental role playing to spice things up a bit.

But with the backtracking and apology, probably not. nope

EDIT: Noticed that he's only 22 (should have guessed, young athlete). Yeah, he's screwed.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/20/17 08:49 PM

Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/20/17 09:42 PM

Dog house?? The dog is just going to shake his head and go 'Duuude'.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/21/17 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

Great scene from a great film.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/21/17 01:54 PM

I waited till 25 to get married. Don't think it's smart to get married much younger nowadays. This guy seems to have proved the point. I mean, how many years has he been married that he already got dissatisfied enough to look elsewhere? 10 or 11 months???
As time goes on, people seem to be maturing later and later. When you meet a 30 yr-old with the outlook of a high school senior, you're not surprised when you hear they are divorced already.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/21/17 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master
I waited till 25 to get married.

The Jedi Master

Heh, and 25 now would be considered way too young to get married unless you live like in the backwoods of Louisiana or something. wink

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/21/17 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Jedi Master
I waited till 25 to get married.

Heh, and 25 now would be considered way too young to get married unless you live like in the backwoods of Louisiana or something. wink

Lol. biggrin

Yeah, I agree that getting married at 20 was too young, but not for the usual reasons...

I've never had to truly live on my own, to really take care of myself. Once I started working at 17 and bought a POS car, insurance, etc., my finances became complicated (to me). Then add to that a new car at 19, minimal life insurance, engagement ring (more payments after down payment) and whatever else I don't remember. I simply handed my meager paycheck over to my mother (who I stilled owed money to for the first car) and let her manage my finances, writing checks to pay my bills and giving me whatever spending money was left over (mom is *very* good with money). Once I got engaged (possibly before), mom handed me over to my future wife so I started giving her my checks to manage. We've had joint checking, savings, everything since. I know she does a great job [besides *having* a great job] and the system works as far as never having financial troubles or missing any kind of payments, but it's stunted me because I've never learned how to do it for myself.

So I wish I would have lived on my own for at least a couple of years before getting married.

But as far as sowing my wild oats first, nah. I've only had the one love, never desired to have an emotional or physical connection with another person (after finding the *one*), I thrive on monogamy.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/21/17 07:28 PM

I'm not sure how many people bounce around because they want to bounce around so much as they keep discovering they don't match well with the person they're with. A series of monogamous relationships is certainly better than juggling several at once.

My wife and I waited 3 years to marry. We made certain. smile

The Jedi Master

Re: How to get in the 'dog house' or worse - 03/24/17 03:12 PM

True, JM. I would have had girlfriends if the previous girls I chased after had interest in me. Finding the *one* was a matter of first reciprocation (although that took time). smile Edited last comment to reflect that.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums