homepage

Medieval reenactor takes down drone

Posted By: Coot

Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/20/17 01:31 AM

I love the juxtaposition. There's a beauty to this for me.
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/20/17 04:13 AM

Not until they burn the operator at the stake for witchery.
Posted By: knightgames

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/20/17 06:36 AM

What a classless piece of sh!t.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/21/17 03:50 AM

I'd like to know more about this. If there was absolutely no one behind the drone area fine. If there was however, yes very dangerous and foolish and I'm sorry someone lost their expensive equipment. I don't know what regulations are on the books with regards to drones flying over a crowd of people but if this person kept flying over and around the crowd and was uninvited(private event or invite only to any media) and as long as no one was anywhere behind the direction of the spear being thrown then I'm okay with that too. smile More and more we hear stories of drone tech being used unethically. I personally don't want drones being in the sky on a regular bases. As a novelty and hobby yes but not Amazon deliveries and out of control, overpopulated robot skies. nope
Posted By: knightgames

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/21/17 02:47 PM

The drone looked like it was flying a safe distance away from the LARPERS. If the drone flier was uninvited you have him removed along with his toy. If he was being dangerous with it you have him removed. If there was imminent danger then you do what you need to keep people safe. That would include bringing the drone down.

I don't want drones every where either - especially used for spying - but that wasn't the case for this. Frankly, I think it would be cool to have this sort of angle to view later on.

Did I over respond? Probably. But it was still a dick move, IMO.

EDIT: The worst place for a drone? At a wedding. I see more videographers use them at outdoor venues to get the layout of the land. On more than one occasion I've seen them during the processional. THAT'S messed up. I love to hear the harp playing Canon in D minor while the constant whine of drone motors drown out the music. Who thought THAT was a good idea. We won't even mention the groomsman that decided it was a good idea to play with an unattended drone and cut up the bridesmaid before the wedding.

So I do understand there is a time and place for drones. The King Arthur Players fundraising ball seemed like a good place.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/21/17 03:02 PM

The incident happened last May in Russia.

https://www.rt.com/viral/342565-medieval-festival-drone-spear/
Posted By: Falstar

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/21/17 10:59 PM

Time to get out the boom stick.
Posted By: Kodiak

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/22/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Coot

No picture or whatsoever to be seen for me, just a blank space.

EDIT: in the reply with quote I can see the YouTube link, strange.

And I am also using FireFox and Windows 7 64.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/22/17 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kodiak
Originally Posted by Coot

It might help to open up FireFox's Tools / Add-ons menu, and search for add-ons related to YouTube videos. I have both "YouTube Flash Video Player" and "YouTube High Definition" add-ons installed. I'm on Windows 10 Pro, so those might not help you... but it's probably worth trying.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Medieval reenactor takes down drone - 03/23/17 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kodiak

I am having the same problem Kodiak. The problem began right after I updated my flash player.

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums