homepage

Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V

Posted By: semmern

Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 11:19 AM

Aaaaand it's on again smile
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 11:45 AM

Part 3 lasted a very, very long time. I'm sad to see it go.
Posted By: Legend

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 12:57 PM

Yes, it was a nice thread to hang out. It was the SimHQ variant of Cheers, so to speak.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 01:20 PM

Funny Hollywood convention #175

How come everyone in films set in the ancient world (ie Rome, Greece, Egypt, etc) has an English accent? And I mean what we would call an "upper class" English accent too. You never hear Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great speak with a Cockney or Scottish accent. biggrin
Posted By: Wrecking Crew

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 01:39 PM

Woot!

Who won?

biggrin

WC

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 01:40 PM

...and why do all the baddies in TV series drive European cars - and mostly Volvos? Hawaii 5-0 and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are the prime examples.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/23/14 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
Woot!

Who won?

biggrin

WC
I did of course.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/24/14 05:21 AM

behindcouch

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/24/14 10:35 AM

Welcome back wheels!

Big wheel keep on turning, Proud Mary keep on rolling.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/24/14 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Part 3 lasted a very, very long time. I'm sad to see it go.

What about IV?

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/25/14 12:29 AM

Good question.

---

Two more: how many Replies (this is the first question) and how many Views (second one) did the previous Last Word enjoy?

WC

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/25/14 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
What about IV?

The Roman holds up three fingers and says, "I'll have four beers, please."

cheers beercheers

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/25/14 03:02 AM

So a lady at work today mentioned that her daughter is named "Shiloh". I then mentioned that "Shiloh" is also the name of an important Civil War battle that took place in Tennessee. She looked at me with a blank stare. lol

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/25/14 06:54 PM

It's also where Sean Connery shtated the nuclear mishiles were shtored.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/26/14 10:20 AM

What about IV?

cheers beercheers

A guy holds up two fingers and says "four beers for the guys of the sawmill"

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/26/14 10:30 AM

Germany is going down today!!!
Posted By: piper

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/26/14 11:57 AM

They mentioned last week's USA vs Port game was watched by more Americans than any other soccer match.
A total of 35 million watched. Still not a big sport here.
Posted By: PV1

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/27/14 06:45 AM

What about IV?

cheers beercheers

Hey, wait a minute: that's six beers!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/27/14 10:35 AM

Transformers 4 opens today!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/27/14 01:45 PM

Don't be fooled about how nice the new SimHQ tower look on the outside... recently some photos smuggled out of the tower came in my possession - showing the offices on the inside...

Click to reveal..

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/27/14 02:04 PM

Jeezus. Talk about dilapidation!
Posted By: Murphy

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/27/14 02:39 PM

That's the Union Rep's office, in the basement.

Just takes a little perseverance, imagination, and ingenuity Wheels, good job wink

Posted By: Gopher

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/27/14 09:41 PM

Dilapidation maybe, but just think; some blood, sweat, tears, and externally contracted cleaners, and you might have some good rental housing there.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/10/14 07:33 AM

This thread seems to have some startup problems... maybe a link to World Championship Babes (all very civilized of course) can help that...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/10/14 10:37 AM

Tough luck for the Netherlands team yesterday. :-(
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/10/14 11:40 AM

I thought I would check out what all this World Cup excitement was about and tuned in to watch some. I was surprised. I noticed these were grown men playing soccer. I thought soccer was only played by kids and after college it was abandoned.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/10/14 12:23 PM

I would've said that about any televised sport involving balls.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/10/14 12:24 PM

The soccer babes are nice to look at though!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/11/14 06:29 PM

The soccer babes are nice to look at though!

yep

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/11/14 06:34 PM

Ugh. Is it 4:00 pm yet?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/11/14 06:58 PM

Ugh. Is it 4:00 pm yet?

Don't fret, you will get there sooner than me. biggrin

Wheels
Posted By: U-96

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/11/14 09:44 PM

What do I win, just out of interest?

If anyone posts below, they'll never find out wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/12/14 02:40 AM

Girl I want to be with you all of the day and all of the night!
Posted By: Lewis-A2A

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 08:49 AM

Hello

Is it me you're looking for?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 10:53 AM

So another World Cup is over. May be the US will go further next time.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 10:54 AM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 10:54 AM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 11:24 AM

K-K-K-K-K-K-Kryten

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Lewis-A2A
K-K-K-K-K-K-Kryten
Who?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/14/14 01:08 PM

Sounds like a switch with a stutter.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/16/14 10:07 PM

On the of chance any of you numpties are attending Oshkosh this year;

I AM HERE ALL WEEK FOR EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2014

Come and see me I'm stateside! thumbsup

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/17/14 03:00 AM

If I lived in Wisconsin I would definitely go see you Lewis!
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 07:52 AM

I'll get some metal in before the mainstream takes over wink

Aussie Style \m/

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 08:32 AM

Beer o'clock in your part of the world already?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 08:45 AM

well past...6.43 my man. Knock off at 4,4.30 home, music on, shnitzel cooking, clean the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, rug up for winter conditions, eat schnitzel+beanz+brocoli+gravy and mash..rum.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 10:38 AM

Happy Friday ya'll!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 01:02 PM

Saterdee nearly yo...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 01:22 PM

It's nearly 2015...depending on your POV.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 01:23 PM

A certain point of view??????

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/18/14 01:26 PM

Yeah, usually 65 degrees. If you've got a widescreen, though, you may want 70 or 75.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 07:32 AM

Evidently I picked a fine day to go to Farnborough. I'm going to look like a drowned rat by the time I get back; hopefully my camera can swim.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 09:53 PM

If you can, be a Dad. Its Awesome. FACT

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 11:01 PM

Cute pic!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 11:08 PM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 11:35 PM

Sheep of the corn!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 11:41 PM

There's an X-File in there somewhere.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: piper
There's an X-File in there somewhere.
Trivia question for you. Which actor appeared on both an episode of the X-Files and an episode of Twin Peaks?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/19/14 11:54 PM

I loved Twin Peaks! But I don't know the answer...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/20/14 12:49 AM

I loved Twin Peaks! But I don't know the answer...
David Duchovny.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/20/14 11:10 PM

So is Piper suggesting he's the father of all those Sheep? jawdrop

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/22/14 05:10 AM

heheheh... photos of the new Marvel characters...

Photos

...and my favorite...

photo

Haggart, I believe she's your type!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/22/14 10:48 AM

Lol Legend.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 05:27 AM

...the last few days, in the office, there's a student helping us out with some with some simple tasks that otherwise don't get done. The girl is only 17. I have, and play, games on my computer that are older than her.

#oldguy

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 06:46 AM

Still playing Solitaire, huh?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 07:13 AM

LOL... I was referring to Wing Commander III (GOG version) but yeah...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 10:24 AM

You realize that someone who is 17 was born in 1997! Yikes. They aren't even old enough to have seen Titanic in the movie theatre.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 02:25 PM

You realize that someone who is 17 was born in 1997! Yikes. They aren't even old enough to have seen Titanic in the movie theatre.

Lucky devils. They should be happy for that!

Mind you, they did get Avatar instead...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 03:54 PM

But they missed Aliens! smile

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 04:00 PM

Trivia question for today,

Which actor has played both a Jedi and an infamous dictator?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 07:22 PM

Ummm, Yoda? You know... Idi Yodamin!

Happy Friday!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 07:25 PM

LOL WC.

Creative yet wrong answer.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/08/14 11:49 PM

Which actor has played both a Jedi and an infamous dictator?

I'm gonna guess Mark Hamill, since by weight of VO work he must have done something.

Otherwise... Mr Emming Effing Jackson?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/09/14 01:52 AM

Creative yet wrong answer.

Put my points to the Procrastinators Card, please. My Man Card is maxed.

WC

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/09/14 01:52 AM

Whenever you get a chance,,,

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/09/14 03:39 AM

The answer is Alec Guinness.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/09/14 11:01 PM

A rare bird indeed

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/10/14 12:12 AM

If you could have dinner with any 3 famous people who would they be?

My picks,

1. David Lynch
2. Paul McCartney
3, Ridley Scott

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/10/14 08:29 AM

Burt Rutan, Barnes Wallis and Wernher von Braun. I'm not letting a little reality thing like being alive get in the way here.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/10/14 10:19 PM

Wow, I can't even think of one.

Wheels
Posted By: Dart

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/10/14 10:45 PM

Hmmm, do they all have to be named Bob? Okay, I'll go:

1. Bob Hoover
2. Bob Ross
3. Bob Dylan

Assuming I can bring two of them back to life for the meal.

I'd ask them questions and try to figure out which of them was secretly a ninja.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/10/14 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dart

1. Bob Hoover
2. Bob Ross
3. Bob Dylan

I'd ask them questions and try to figure out which of them was secretly a ninja.

THAT IS AN AWESOME BOB LIST
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/10/14 11:41 PM

Bobby Orr, Eddie Van Halen, George Carlin.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/11/14 03:22 AM

1. Bob Hoover
2. Bob Ross
3. Bob Dylan

Bob Hoover has not passed yet.
He was the guest speaker for Planes of Fame's taste of flight event in 2012.

Bob Hoover Planes of Fame Taste of Flight 2012

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/11/14 03:45 AM

I should have specified and said famous people who were still living. I guess I assumed being alive was implied when I mentioned having dinner with them. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/11/14 01:23 PM

Well, you can have dinner with them after they've died, but it's pretty quiet and eating in cemeteries is usually frowned on.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/14 02:10 AM

...plus, you know they won't pick up the tab!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/14 01:33 PM

At least you get to pick where to eat.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/14 02:12 PM

But if your guest is dead they can't order in the first place.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/14 02:27 PM

You play the gracious host and order for them.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 01:50 AM

There's a 50% chance they want BRRRAAAAAAAAAIIINNNNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ anyway.

either they want it, or they don't.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 01:58 AM

oh... my three celebrities...

Isaac Asimov (RIP) - to thank him for his books
Peter F. Hamilton - for the same reason
Neil DeGrasse Tyson - for making science accessible to so many

there are many other I'd just like to shake the hand and thank - but they are probably busy enough or too deceased to care.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 04:18 AM

Which of these directorial debuts from famous directors have you seen?

1. David Lynch - Eraserhead
2. George Lucas - THX 1138
3. Steven Spielberg - Duel
4. Ridley Scott - The Duellists

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 04:29 AM

No, No, Yes (German dubbing) and No.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 04:45 AM

Same as Legend but I saw the English version of Duel.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 05:38 AM

My lovely daughter, one years and three weeks of age, has discovered walking. Yesterday she took my hand and we walked out the door, to the elevator (we live on the 8th floor), into the compound (I did have to help her down the stairs at the main entrance of our apartment building), and back again. She was tired afterwards but sooooo satisfied. It took 20 minutes for her to walk the 100 meters that the trip covered. And that's quite a bit faster than Curiosity can manage.

...she also discovered music. And yes, Lewis, that's the Cherokee manual, printed and bound.
Posted By: Rogered

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 07:15 AM

Feels kind of...clean in here. Did semmern run a broom over the place?

Cute child Legend!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/14 10:34 AM

Very cute daughter!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 02:23 AM

"What are you listening to?"

Well... this of course

Edit...
???? doesn't show the video itself anymore?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 02:38 AM

Legend, she's beautiful! (must take after her Mother)

btw, did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 05:05 AM

Legend, she's beautiful! (must take after her Mother)

btw, did I win?

biggrin

Fortunately she does - although all our Chinese friends and family she looks more like me.

She did inherit my 'don't look too happy into the camera' though - this is one of the few exceptions

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Legend
"What are you listening to?"

Well... this of course

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU#t=109[/video]

Edit...
???? doesn't show the video itself anymore?

You won't get a display of a video if you include the #t time
shift marker in the code. The url handler for this site has trouble
with some non-standard items in urls, such as commas, etc.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 10:00 AM

Cheers PV1 - fixed it, works now. I never realised there was a marker in there.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 10:42 AM

Happy Friday everyone.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 12:35 PM

ITS FRIDAY!

OH MY GOD MY EYES, MY EARS ARRRRRGH WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 01:41 PM

I thought we had seen the last of that tripe.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 02:00 PM

I thought we had seen the last of that tripe.

The Jedi Master
Michael Moore hasn't done a film in a while now.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 03:55 PM

Holy crap that was a long one. I was supposed to leave for London almost 2 hours ago.

Stupid engineering software.

Why can't stuff just work, I ask you????

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Gopher

Think of it as good job security!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/15/14 06:53 PM

Holy crap that was a long one. I was supposed to leave for London almost 2 hours ago.

Stupid engineering software.

Because...that's exactly what they're EXPECTING you to do...

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/19/14 04:25 AM

Hope you enjoy this one Louis.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/19/14 11:14 AM

She's attractive but I can't stand her music.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/19/14 01:16 PM

Yes, a singer that is best appreciated when she keeps silent.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/20/14 06:50 AM

She's attractive but I can't stand her music.

Lol, I felt the same way at one point but it's grown on me.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/20/14 07:28 AM

What... you think those videos are bad taste?

Here's another one!

The young lady in the middle is Sandra Lauer, who later became famous as the Queen of Europop, Sandra, with hits such as '(I'll never be) Maria Magdalena', 'In the heat of the night' and 'Secret land'.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/20/14 08:43 AM

What... you think those videos are bad taste?

Here's another one!

The young lady in the middle is Sandra Lauer, who later became famous as the Queen of Europop, Sandra, with hits such as '(I'll never be) Maria Magdalena', 'In the heat of the night' and 'Secret land'.

The guy who put that together must have a
very interesting musical mind. (I tried a little
youtube archaeology to see if I could determine
the original creator, but I didn't get anywhere.
Seems clear that the current poster picked it up
somewhere, as he has no other music posts.)

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/20/14 01:55 PM

I have a couple NSFW ones I found online back in the day like that.
One was NIN's Closer mixed with Spice Girls' Wannabe. It was scary how well they went together.
The other was Metallica's So What cover with Britney's Crazy, made like a battle of the bands where they cut each other off. It sounded almost genuine.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: IamFritz

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/21/14 01:48 AM

Kesha? No, no, NO and No. I find nothing appealing in her appearance or music other than her ability to carry a tune in a energetic way. And I only use energetic because I'm not sure what's powering her. Ech.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/21/14 03:39 AM

A candy colored clown they call the sandman tip toes to my room every night...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/21/14 12:33 PM

Were Venom and the new Green Goblin there with him, Spider-man?

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/14 05:11 AM

Rush - "Moving Pictures"

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/14 10:41 AM

That's an epic album.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/26/14 01:00 AM

That's an epic album.

Still listen to it regularly.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/26/14 03:17 AM

About half the tracks on that album are classics.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/26/14 08:59 PM

RUSH - An awesome film! Made me teary at the end.

And on the same note, how good is this season shaping up, Spa was an amazing race!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/27/14 02:20 AM

Rush is an excellent film and the best auto racing film ever.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/29/14 06:57 AM

Rush. What an actor. Played everything, from a pirate to a speech therapist to Peter Sellers.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/29/14 07:15 AM

Rush. What I'm about to be in to get to the pub for some beers.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/29/14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Rogered
Rush. What I'm about to be in to get to the pub for some beers.

Clear Winner!

winner

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/29/14 10:34 AM

Rush is also a political commentator on the radio. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/29/14 12:43 PM

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/30/14 05:48 AM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/31/14 09:48 PM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/02/14 06:01 AM

You guys have heard about the soft drink "Fanta" right?

Did you know it was invented in Germany during WW 2?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanta

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/03/14 02:53 AM

Cool. Last Saturday I was in a North Korean restaurant here in Shanghai. Good food - we had barbecued meat, glass noodles and some veggie medley and I had a bottle of North Korean beer - slightly bitter aftertaste, but not bad.

North Korean restaurants are famous for their entertainment - song and dance. Daughter-dear was completely fascinated by that - and the waitresses absolutely adored her.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/03/14 03:12 AM

Haha! I love how your daughter was entranced by the two singers. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/03/14 10:12 AM

So, are the North Korean restaurants run by NK expats?
Or are they linked to the NK state somehow? I have the
impression that travel back and forth to China is not
so easy for NK citizens, not that I know much about it.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/03/14 10:50 AM

At least the waitresses are there only temporary - maximum two years I heard, and they are not allowed to start a relation while here, go out alone on their day off etc. On the other hand, North Korea is not above letting beautiful girls use their nubile bodies in order to spy on successful foreign Captains of Industry. Yes, I've dropped many hints wink No, there weren't any takers.

Most restaurants are state-owned (Korea), and I've heard the girls are specially selected for beauty. I've heard (unconfirmed) that the chain of restaurant was set up by Kim Jong-Il.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/14 02:46 AM

wave

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/14 03:14 AM

Good to see you around wheels.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/14 03:48 AM

Hilarious Ikea Singapore ad...

Posted By: citizen guod

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/14 05:47 AM

woof

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/14 06:55 AM

miao

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/14 10:33 AM

Crazy to think that SimHQ has been online now for 15 years.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/28/15 12:14 AM

Dang, this thread is going nowhere fast. Over 5 months without a post....

Wheels
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/28/15 12:35 AM

Well, you just screwed up Panzer's "win"... I hope you're happy! wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/28/15 03:47 AM

Yeah thanks a lot wheels. Sheesh! wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/28/15 07:24 AM

...Sound of Music, part deux

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/28/15 03:43 PM

thumbsup

That one could get me into the theatre! wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/30/15 12:30 AM

[Pokes head in briefly]

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/30/15 01:35 AM

Did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/30/15 02:21 AM

So this thread is not dead after all!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/30/15 02:25 AM

it was hibernating... now it's back, big as life and twice as ugly, and with an appetite for innocent young SimHQ'ers.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/30/15 03:03 AM

Mwa ha haaaa!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/30/15 03:31 AM

For the following historical figures which actor or actress do you think was the most compelling portraying them?

Here's my list,

Adolf Hitler - Bruno Ganz
Julius Caesar - Ciaran Hinds
Marcus Antonious - James Purefoy
John Adams - Paul Giamatti
Abraham Lincoln - Daniel Day Lewis
Napoleon Bonaparte - Rod Steiger
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson - Stephen Lang
Elizabeth II - Helen Mirren

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/31/15 10:14 PM

Not easy for me to pick since I know I haven't seen the movies on your list where the actors portrayed those individuals to compare against those I might think were good.

About the only part of "Downfall" that I have ever seen is the scene that is used in just about every parody at some point.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/20/15 05:28 AM

Seems that all the jessies and numpties have went missing...

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/20/15 07:48 AM

yeah, we've moved to the "Matt Wagner" thread... lots of naive LWT-noobs there who don't realize that is the new LWT... Muhahahhahahahahhaaaaa

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/20/15 11:06 AM

This thread refuses to die!

Right now I'm having lots of fun playing as the Vandals in Total War: Attila. I think it's sooooo cool that a modern day English word often associated with criminal activity is associated with the tribe that I'm playing as!
Posted By: Smokin_Hole

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/20/15 11:23 AM

I was hoping the "Help me Matt!" thread would take over this role.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/20/15 04:55 PM

This thread refuses to die!

Right now I'm having lots of fun playing as the Vandals in Total War: Attila. I think it's sooooo cool that a modern day English word often associated with criminal activity is associated with the tribe that I'm playing as!

Yep, every time it goes into cardiac arrest I call these guys to the resuscitate it. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/23/15 04:32 PM

Hi everybody

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/23/15 04:34 PM

Hi everybody
Hey! How's everything going?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 05:29 AM

woof

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 10:11 AM

Meow?

I'm good Panzer, Hows you and the mrs?
Posted By: Sethos88

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 10:12 AM

I win!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Sethos88
I win!

This thread was Game of Thrones long before Game of Thrones. I sit upon the Iron Throne!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 11:20 AM

Meow?

I'm good Panzer, Hows you and the mrs?

I can't complain!! Recently got a significant raise at work and my commute is less than 10 minutes!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 11:34 AM

Nice! Does the raise mean change in job description, new roles or is it just more money for same as before? 10mins by car or do you get to enjoy your weather with a nice stroll to work then?

Since working at home I am now a total hermit, and only glimpse the surprising blue skies and sunshine we are having here in the East UK at the moment from the office window.

cheers,
Lewis

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 11:40 AM

Nice! Does the raise mean change in job description, new roles or is it just more money for same as before? 10mins by car or do you get to enjoy your weather with a nice stroll to work then?

Same job duties and same job description. The 10 minute commute is by car. I would consider riding a bicycle on occasion but the weather here is just too humid and rainy for that.

I don't know if I could work from home. I think I would have way too many distractions!
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 02:29 PM

Post no. 17000

!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/24/15 02:31 PM

Woohoo! Congrats Adlabs!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/26/15 02:15 AM

Congrats Adlabs. thumbsup

I see you have increased it to an astronomical 17,004 in less than two days. Pace yourself or your fingers might get tired. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 11:26 AM

Netflix isnt a distraction Panzer, its motivation thumbsup

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 11:45 AM

Netflix isnt a distraction Panzer, its motivation thumbsup

Im so old school I don't even use the streaming service on Netflix. I still get the bluray discs shipped to me!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 01:23 PM

Considering the vagaries of streaming (connection issues, unstable catalogs of titles constantly coming and going, nothing recent usually but the crap), I see no reason to bother. As it is I have just enough time to watch the 2 discs at a time they ship me in a week, I don't need the ability to watch constantly.

In the old days of Netflix, you got the normal discs and that meant you got all the extras as well. Then the studios made a "deal" with NF to supply rental-only discs and now the discs are nerfed to where it's just the film and maybe has a downgraded soundtrack as well! John Wick was on Bluray but in Dolby Digital 5.1???? A Bluray?!?! Not DD+, not even DTS (which even DVDs had), but 1990s-era DD 5.1!

In fact, 10 years ago I used to buy used NF discs for cheap, got some good deals that way. Those studios put a stop to that!

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 04:17 PM

Netflix is actually normally quite up to date, the US version has ALL star trek btw panzer. Our house doesn't even have an aerial anymore we just use netflix, BBC Iplayer, Google Chromecast and other streaming services for our TV entertainment. Though in the UK its now quite normal for people to have fast fibre connections too which helps.

I have a shelf full of DVD's thats almost just gathering dust now, same for the DVD player.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 04:29 PM

Like Jedi I like watching extra features like deleted scenes and interviews as well as listening to audio commentaries so I'll never completely dump DVDs and blurays.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 05:13 PM

Disney Anywhere offers many of the extras on the discs for streaming as well, but it's not 100%.
NF offers none plus lower-quality sound (aside from the aforementioned instances of nerfed rental BDs) and reliance on internet quality. Oh, and if you want to skip around it sucks, too! In other words, it's the same as the cable company's indemand stuff, and I get that from the cable company already. smile

Now if they offered 1080p 3D streaming w/DTS-MA sound and all extras (commentaries and BTS features and all) for a movie that just hit the shelves, no waiting several months or a year before something like The Hobbit is available, then I would consider streaming again.

Simple truth is when NF offered it for free I watched MAYBE 90 mins of stuff. When they split it so you had to pay to get it I dropped it and kept the discs.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/05/15 05:23 PM

Simple truth is when NF offered it for free I watched MAYBE 90 mins of stuff. When they split it so you had to pay to get it I dropped it and kept the discs.

The Jedi Master
Yup, exactly what I did. Not Netflix but it was nice getting to stream episodes of Caprica and BSG on the SyFy website so I could listen to the podcasts when they were first available.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/06/15 08:23 AM

What other streaming services do you guys have in the US? I must say your US netflix sounds the polar opposite of the one we have over here with HD streaming, regulary updated, dynamic stream quality etc etc.

We also have Now TV over here also which is the one that carries some of the big shows live, like Game of Thrones etc.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/06/15 10:24 AM

HBO and the major networks like NBC and ABC have their own streaming services. There's also Hulu.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/06/15 12:32 PM

What other streaming services do you guys have in the US? I must say your US netflix sounds the polar opposite of the one we have over here with HD streaming, regulary updated, dynamic stream quality etc etc.

We also have Now TV over here also which is the one that carries some of the big shows live, like Game of Thrones etc.

That's what ours says it is, too. Yet when I went to stream the stuff I had in my disc queue I found they only had about 20% of it available. They regularly lose the rights to stream stuff as well. It's too volatile, plus I can rent a DVD of Farscape and bring it to work to watch on my laptop at lunch, or take it on a weekend trip and watch on my own laptop, or even put it in the car for a long drive across the state.
Can't stream NF in any of those circumstances.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/07/15 09:34 AM

I think this is where the small country vs large in the US comes into it. Over here with my devices I can log into most and watch my netflix etc just about wherever I am thanks to the signals etc.

By the way, random thought, just wondering do you two know each other in real life or just net friends, I've always assumed you where just gamer buddies online.

cheers,
Lewis

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/07/15 11:04 AM

By the way, random thought, just wondering do you two know each other in real life or just net friends, I've always assumed you where just gamer buddies online.

cheers,
Lewis

I don't know what they call "junior high school" in the UK but Jedi and I have known each other since junior high school so that would be 1986!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/07/15 12:31 PM

Ok now I'm depressed!

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/07/15 12:38 PM

Ok now I'm depressed!

The Jedi Master
I think we were both in Ms. Castaldi's biology class. Who could forget her? lol

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/07/15 12:44 PM

That was 9th grade IIRC. I know we had 8th grade classes together, but I can't remember any in 7th.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/07/15 11:15 PM

At that time I was 2 years old, I now work in the games industry, have a family with 2 kids. Everyone is old, it is rubbish neaner

But it is neat to see two guys like you two still friends and gaming together regularly, I find it funny sometimes on steam when I see Panzer closely followed by Jedi to play the same game.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/08/15 03:01 AM

Everyone does indeed get old but some of us get less gray hair than others. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/08/15 12:39 PM

Or have more hair than others! Or gain less weight than others! Or have blah blah blah...

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/08/15 09:07 PM

Jedi your sig is awesome and I too am now happily experiencing the crazyness of children forming sentences that make little to no sense whatsoever. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/08/15 09:28 PM

African or European swallow?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/09/15 01:07 AM

woof

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/09/15 01:21 AM

Roar.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/10/15 04:58 PM

I'M NOT KEEN ON MASH POTATO
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/10/15 05:02 PM

Or have more hair than others! Or gain less weight than others! Or have blah blah blah...

The Jedi Master

Are you saying PM is fat and bald?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/10/15 05:04 PM

I'M NOT KEEN ON MASH POTATO

What do you have with your bangers then?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/10/15 05:43 PM

Egg
beans
black pudding
bacon
hashbrowns
etc etc

thumbsup

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/11/15 01:56 AM

When I finally visit the UK I would like to try some Yorkshire pudding.
Posted By: CG2015

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/11/15 02:58 AM

When I finally visit the UK I would like to try some Yorkshire pudding.

I was in London a few years ago with a couple of colleagues on business.

For one of them it was his first trip to the UK.

We had a Sunday roast for dinner and after it was over, the waitress asked if we wanted some dessert.

So my colleague who had never been to the UK ordered the Yorkshire Pudding and we didn't try to stop him.

The waitress kind of stared at him with the are you sure that's what you want for dessert look and I looked at her and nodded at her to bring it.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/11/15 05:23 AM

...and then?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/11/15 09:04 AM

Yorkshire puddings are an integral part of Sunday Roasts up north, less so the more south you go. Orginally they where puddings and can also be enjoyed with some golden syrup for desert smile

cheers,
Lewis

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/11/15 02:52 PM

Jedi your sig is awesome and I too am now happily experiencing the crazyness of children forming sentences that make little to no sense whatsoever. smile

She's getting close to 7 now, and things like that don't come out of her mouth as often. Amazing to think I've had that sig roughly 2 years now. The younger just turned 4 last month, but she's more likely to say something like that as a joke (she's a big clown) while the older one said that to me in all seriousness, because it made sense to her.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 07:57 AM

My two boys are now 2 and a half and 6 months. Harrison or H-Bomb as I call him (due to the H-Bomb affect he has on any room he enters) is now coming out with all sorts of stuff. Yesterday he forced me to wear a life size woody hat from Toy Story and then placed the Bullseye horse toy beneath my legs simply stating 'Look your woody, you can go now'. Which in his mind meant ride around the house riding bullseye. hahaha

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 10:32 AM

Uh does the word "woody" have the same meaning in the UK as it does in the US?

lol

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 10:43 AM

Good heavens Panzer... isn't it way past your bedtime?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 11:00 AM

Um, it's 7:00 AM now where I'm at!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 11:16 AM

You sir have a dirty mind neaner

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 11:18 AM

You sir have a dirty mind neaner

Not necessarily. I just don't make assumptions about word meanings and slang terms among different countries. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/13/15 11:20 AM

even when in the context of toy story also being mentioned :P

Dirty minded mister Panzer hehe neaner

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 01:51 AM

Um, it's 7:00 AM now where I'm at!

Oh, I always thought you're 14 hours or so behind Shanghai time... usually I see you start posting around 2100.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 02:02 AM

Did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 03:30 AM

Did I win?

Yes. You win a year's supply of Rice A Roni the San Francisco treat.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 10:16 AM

Guod won a long time ago, he just didn't tell anyone

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 11:30 AM

If winning doesn't matter why do we keep score?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 02:49 PM

Really? Could you list the score then if it's being kept?

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/14/15 11:00 PM

tables, its all about the tables.

Also GTA V, yes or no?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/15/15 02:49 AM

This happens to me all the time!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/15/15 11:30 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/15/15 08:19 PM

woof

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/15/15 10:31 PM

guod, didn't you mean "foow"?
Posted By: U-96

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/15/15 10:52 PM

ah, the sound a frisbee makes as it just misses your ear...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/16/15 12:46 AM

I want a Tron disc!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/16/15 01:08 AM

Do cats really have 9 lives?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/16/15 12:49 PM

We should ask Matt Wagner.

Wait...which thread am I in again?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/16/15 01:47 PM

The original Dart, no pretenders here. There is only one true King of Westeros, I mean SIMHQ.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/18/15 03:07 AM

some nice relaxing music...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/18/15 03:39 AM

WTF did I just watch?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/18/15 02:04 PM

A video less famous than this one:

Or you could watch the updated remake:

But I don't recommend it.

This is the best way to watch it:

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/18/15 02:07 PM

Ah yes. I thought they looked familiar.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/19/15 02:54 AM

I was wondering if the Army of Lovers had reached the USA back when they were popular. Probably too controversial and too Euro-poppy.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/19/15 02:56 AM

...and talking about Europop, here's another 80s favorite wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/19/15 04:15 AM

I prefer this version. smile

Source: http://vimeo.com/45784191

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/19/15 11:22 AM

I was wondering if the Army of Lovers had reached the USA back when they were popular. Probably too controversial and too Euro-poppy.

Just looked them up on Wikipedia. I would have never guessed that they were Swedish. lol

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/19/15 01:47 PM

I did like 80s bathing suits and workout get ups quite a bit. Modern ones are too practical. frown

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/21/15 01:14 PM

I now own GTAV it is car and walky shooty fun.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/22/15 04:15 AM

I now own GTAV it is car and walky shooty fun.

I had to look up GTAV. duh

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/22/15 10:31 AM

The GTA games never attracted me in any way. Just not my cup of tea.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/22/15 03:16 PM

Tea SUCKS.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/22/15 03:22 PM

Burl Ives disagrees!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/22/15 03:34 PM

His taste buds probably had the sensitivity of Edwards Scissorhands' fingers.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/24/15 05:29 AM

Some of Burl's earlier work.

Burl Ives - Ghost Riders In The Sky
Source: https://youtu.be/j2klh2cTa_Q

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/25/15 01:53 PM

TEA IS AWESOME

JEDI NEEDS TEA

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/25/15 02:30 PM

A cuppa char?

Did I get that right Lewis? wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/25/15 03:44 PM

Well there we have it chaps. You can now call Panzer a traitor to your stars and stripes, as clearly, he's a Brit in disguise! thumbsup

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/25/15 03:57 PM

Well there we have it chaps. You can now call Panzer a traitor to your stars and stripes, as clearly, he's a Brit in disguise! thumbsup

You weren't supposed to be briefed on this... but PM has been undergoing intense training, (including a Rosetta Stone course on the English language) in preparation for infiltrating England, in order to report back on what is really going on over there. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/25/15 04:02 PM

Actually, I've recently returned from my ultra top secret mission in the UK and here are a few of my revelations,

1. Big Brother is a very popular TV show

2. Not all Brits sound like Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth when they speak.

3. "Chavs" are scary people.

4. Dorchester is pronounced "Dorset".

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/25/15 07:49 PM

1. You could not be further than the truth

2. CORRECT

3. not really, just un-educated F'wicks with no inclination to better ones self in any way shape or form.

4. Afriad not

So on that it looks like you have not earned enough points to pass to the next round, and certainly no numberwang! See you all next time for another exciting game of Numberwang!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 10:39 AM

YANK QUESTION
What on earth is a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit? And how does it differ from a sausage, egg and cheese bun/roll/mcmuffin?

Answers on a postcard, it was mentioned in a US Office episode.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 10:59 AM

A biscuit is what you guys would call a scone in the UK. So it's a slice of sausage, slice of cheese and a fried egg patty inside a scone so it's basically a breakfast sandwich. The other variety you mentioned consists of the same ingredients but inside an English muffin instead. Of course McDonald's calls theirs "McMuffin".

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 12:57 PM

Indeed, I am aware of muffins and what not as we get them here but never heard a scone called a biscuit!? But then you guys so call chips 'fries' and crisps 'chips'. Nearly as upsidedown as ozzies!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 01:00 PM

Indeed, I am aware of muffins and what not as we get them here but never heard a scone called a biscuit!? But then you guys so call chips 'fries' and crisps 'chips'. Nearly as upsidedown as ozzies!
LOL Yeah, it can be confusing. I'll be sure to use the proper British terminology whenever I visit the UK. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 01:29 PM

LOL, you might end up with some funky dishes if you don't when ordering lol.

I must admit that last year at Oshkosh I had to rely on my US workmates to help me order simple things like sausage, which is totally different over here. Luckily though this year I am super looking forward to getting some more A1 sauce in my belly, my god that is nectar of the gods or steak meals!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 01:39 PM

I'm a steak snob so things like A1 steak sauce are anathema to me but to each their own I say! smile

A good bangers & mash will probably be my first meal when I visit the UK.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 02:27 PM

Oh, you Americans.... Biscuit, or "Beschuit" in Dutch, or "Zwieback" in German, means "baked twice". Biscuits are crunchy through and through, while scones have a nice soft center part and go together with clotted cream and blueberry jam, right?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/26/15 02:47 PM

YANK QUESTION
What on earth is a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit? And how does it differ from a sausage, egg and cheese bun/roll/mcmuffin?

Answers on a postcard, it was mentioned in a US Office episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscuit_%28bread%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_roll

An american biscuit is just a different type of bread product. Often fluffier, sometimes layered. Less 'heavy' than rolls.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/27/15 08:05 AM

I see A1 sauce along the burger sauce condiment and would if I could buy it over here in supermarkets no doubt as I do with burger sauce have it with whatever I feel like at the time smile

And Legend is spot on, the true use of a Scone, which is far away from a crunchy biscuit is here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_tea

I guess to the American, having a cream tea in Devon, at a small table with a view of the countryside one side and maybe a lake or a beautiful cliff seaside view the other is the quint essential 'British' view hehe.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/27/15 10:41 PM

Why has it been raining so much the past month? Our lakes went from being 15-20 feet below normal level to over-flowing. We had floods and deaths by raging flood waters in our city for the first time in 15+ years.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/28/15 01:43 AM

I think the clouds are weeping for humanity. Expect a lot more rain!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/28/15 02:30 AM

I see A1 sauce along the burger sauce condiment and would if I could buy it over here in supermarkets no doubt as I do with burger sauce have it with whatever I feel like at the time smile

And Legend is spot on, the true use of a Scone, which is far away from a crunchy biscuit is here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_tea

I guess to the American, having a cream tea in Devon, at a small table with a view of the countryside one side and maybe a lake or a beautiful cliff seaside view the other is the quint essential 'British' view hehe.

This is exactly why our four-fathers (:-)) left Europe and started Americana. Our A1 sauce is superior to your HP sauce.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/28/15 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: CG2015
Why has it been raining so much the past month? Our lakes went from being 15-20 feet below normal level to over-flowing. We had floods and deaths by raging flood waters in our city for the first time in 15+ years.
Maybe Texas can export that excess rain water to California?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/28/15 02:35 PM

Looking at how much bottled water is consumed in CA, I think they already have.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/29/15 12:34 AM

Why is the tv show "48Hrs" only on for 60 minutes?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/29/15 12:31 PM

I thought that was a movie?

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/29/15 12:53 PM

This is exactly why our four-fathers (:-)) left Europe and started Americana. Our A1 sauce is superior to your HP sauce.

HP brown sauce isn't Steak sauce though. In fact we have no competitor over here at all!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/02/15 02:41 AM

For a little variety mix A1 with Grey Poupon. 50-50

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/02/15 10:17 AM

I've only just got the Grey Poupon joke from Waynes world. I had to read up on it as its not relevant over here.

thanks,
Lewis

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/02/15 10:21 AM

That's ok. I'm sure the majority of Americans under the age of 30 have no idea about those Grey Poupon commercials either. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/02/15 01:34 PM

One of the most mocked commercial campaigns ever.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/03/15 03:28 AM

One of the most mocked commercial campaigns ever.

The Jedi Master

Even so it does taste good mixed with A1. yep

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 12:40 PM

Also you guys do Hash browns weird. Bacon strange, sausage really weird but my god is it all awesome! Cannot wait for Oshkosh 2015

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 12:42 PM

Bacon and sausage? That's not hash browns, they're just potatoes.

Here you go, typical:
http://www.target.com/p/market-pantry-shredded-hash-browns-30-oz/-/A-13305230

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 12:46 PM

I prefer to eat a Swiss Rosti over hash browns. I'm pretentious like that. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 01:03 PM

I just eat potatoes. Cut them however you want, I don't care what name you slap on them.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 01:07 PM

Did you guys know that the potato was indigenous to South America? So whenever you watch a period film set in Europe, Africa or Asia before 1492, see if they goofed and included any potatoes in any dining scenes. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 01:47 PM

There was this film about Napoleon and they were eating McDonald's I think. Grossly inaccurate.

I think it was...Napoleon Dynamite?

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 01:50 PM

There was this film about Napoleon and they were eating McDonald's I think. Grossly inaccurate.

I think it was...Napoleon Dynamite?

The Jedi Master
Yeah, Jon Heder is just slightly taller than what the real Napoleon was. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 02:10 PM

No I mean the has browns are weird as is you guys bacon and esp sausages. All very tasty though, love breakfast time!,... love any meal time when in the states! haha

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 02:14 PM

No I mean the has browns are weird as is you guys bacon and esp sausages. All very tasty though, love breakfast time!,... love any meal time when in the states! haha

How does the bacon and sausage vary between the UK and US? Is it pork itself that tastes different or maybe different spices and ingredients are put in?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 02:17 PM

Oh and regarding potatoes, yes have you not seen the BlackAdder episode 'Potato' from series 2? wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 02:24 PM

Oh and regarding potatoes, yes have you not seen the BlackAdder episode 'Potato' from series 2? wink

Isn't Series 2 set in Elizabethan England (ie late 16th century)? In that case having potaoes would be historically accurate. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 03:15 PM

Indeed, though they are not eating them, but smoking them, building houses out of them lol. I do like that Episode.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 03:41 PM

What's the deal with Patty Melts? How many Patties died becoming Patty Melt?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 03:44 PM

Patty melts are great minus the onions.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 05:15 PM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 06:25 PM

The wife is fine, Mr...?

Whiskers. Mr. Whiskers.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/05/15 08:22 PM

I never saw this until today (NSFW audio BTW):

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/08/15 08:05 AM

What is Patty melt?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/08/15 10:15 AM

What is Patty melt?

It's a cheeseburger served in buttered and grilled slices of sourdough bread instead of the typical hamburger bun. Patty melts also typically have a ton of cheese and onions.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/08/15 11:37 AM

OMG that sounds amazing! When at Oshkosh last year I was takeb to my first hot sandwich type place and my word you Yanks do food better than the gods!!!!!!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/08/15 03:07 PM

...and that's why we're fatter than the gods.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/09/15 11:36 AM

but you did kind invent the modern corporate gym too.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/09/15 11:43 AM

I blame the advent of agriculture for our obesity! We all should have remained hunters and gatherers!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/09/15 12:06 PM

the hot meat subs though, won't someone think of the children!????

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/09/15 12:52 PM

I don't think they make good hot meat subs.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/09/15 12:57 PM

I don't think they make good hot meat subs.

The Jedi Master

Depends. If they are "Free Range" kids, they may very well be leaner... eek

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/10/15 12:24 AM

the hot meat subs though, won't someone think of the children!????

They can get their own.

On your next trip over, you MUST plan a stop in Philadelphia (a layover will do) and go downtown and get a REAL Philly Cheesesteak!
Not authentic unless ordered from a greasy street vendor.

After that, only reason you'll return to England is to bring your family back over here.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/10/15 10:01 AM

Unfortunately ill be sticking to Oshkosh WI area again, possible CT again. I still cannot wait!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/10/15 10:35 AM

Unfortunately ill be sticking to Oshkosh WI area again, possible CT again. I still cannot wait!

Are you bringing your wife along or will it just be you?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/10/15 10:52 AM

Just me again, looking forward to it!

thanks,
Lewis

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 02:26 AM

Bedum is a tiny town (10.500 residents and some 6 zillion cows) in the north-eastern part of the Netherlands; in the province of Groningen. It's the birthplace of football player Arjen Robben.

Official website
Posted By: Mudcat

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 02:34 AM

Geez 10.5k is considered tiny? What do you call those 1k or less?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 02:48 AM

The smaller ones all have been annexed by the slightly larger ones...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 03:40 AM

The Netherlands has a very high population density so a town of 10.5 k is indeed small.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 04:38 AM

woof

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 01:18 PM

wolf howl

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/03/15 04:08 PM

Poop

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/09/15 04:59 AM

George of the Jungle Cartoon Intro

The Super Chicken Cartoon Theme Song

Tom Slick Opening

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/09/15 10:43 AM

It's good to see you again wheels!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/15/15 04:21 AM

It's good to see you again wheels!

smile

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/20/15 03:02 AM

Yes, that's a metallic pink Lexus. The summit of horrible taste!
Posted By: Security_Device_Enclosed

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/20/15 03:21 AM

I'd drive it!

Off a cliff because I'd be too ashamed to live with myself anymore...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/20/15 10:46 AM

Happy Monday!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/28/15 05:19 AM

Happy Monday!

Same to you. cool

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/28/15 08:57 AM

If Mondays were happy they'd be called Friday.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/28/15 10:37 AM

I want to visit my local Hooters now.....

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/28/15 01:22 PM

Not really a breakfast place.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/31/15 05:15 AM

Did ya go?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/31/15 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Did ya go?

Wheels
Not yet. Maybe next weekend. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/31/15 01:04 PM

I visit my local hooters every night when I go to bed.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/31/15 01:14 PM

TMI!!!!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/31/15 08:54 PM

I visit my local hooters every night when I go to bed.

The Jedi Master

Pictures or it didn't happen. neaner

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 12:45 AM

ATTENTION: calling Lewis, calling Lewis

Did you make it over for Oshkosh this year?

btw, did I win?
Posted By: coolhand20th

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 12:47 AM

I go to Oshkosh every year as I live up here and have a bunch of photographs if people are interested I'll post the link.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 12:53 AM

coolhand - would love to see photos! There's a forum thread couple doors down for pictures that I'm sure others would enjoy.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 12:56 AM

Ok I am NOT DONE posting photos at this Facebook page. I am still going through photos re-sizing, cropping, switching to panoramic view that sort of thing. Its in the open so anyone can see it. It is also my mothers page I just post on it since its easier that way.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...amp;pnref=story

And I'll post it at the thread you mentioned. Btw I am not active on Simhq but I'm sure some of you recognize and know me from Frugals and other places.

Edit: Not seeing that other thread oh well. Also fixed the link

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 01:08 AM

Screenshot and Video Gallery http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/Screenshot_&_Video_Gal

There ya go bud. And nice weather in Wisssconsin, huh? Great pictures, must have been a blast!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 01:15 AM

It was 80 degrees the Wednesday I went and 55 degree dew points. Rest of the week it was very warm and humid. I am perm disabled and have to use a Scooter to get around at places like that now so weather is a big deal to me. I go every year and I won't miss it no matter what but next year I am going back to Camping at it for the week like I used to. There is just too much to do and see in one day.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 01:29 AM

Good on ya coolhand! I would have sat for days around that B-52.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/01/15 01:36 AM

I tried but too many people. It was in the Boeing Plaza which is the main area when you walk in. It just got too crowded.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/02/15 08:00 PM

Can't believe it is already August once again...
On a bright note there are only 144 days left to finish your Christmas shopping. eek

A handy countdown clock to help you keep track of your procrastination. http://www.xmasclock.com/

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/02/15 11:14 PM

Airshows are great except for the crowds.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/03/15 04:05 AM

Well this is the World's Largest Air Show so it's to be expected. Plus attendance was up 2% this year from previous years. I think they put the number well over 500,000 for the 7 days.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/03/15 04:05 AM

Yep 550,000 for the week.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/03/15 04:09 AM

Pretty sure the airshow organizer would disagree. wink

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/03/15 08:28 PM

Okay the rest of the photographs are uploaded! Added another 49 photographs!

I had close to 2600 photographs to go through,re-size, switch to panoramic view and of course binned some of them that were blurry or duplicates. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures and some pictures from 2012 & 2014 can also be found at the Facebook Page below. If you decide to use one for a desktop background or share one just please give me credit that is all I ask because they are all owned and copyrighted by me. But I share and do this because not everyone can get to the Largest Air Show in the World. It plays hell on me because of my rare syndrome and it causes me to go down for a week afterwords in which I hardly leave the bed or the couch but it is worth every minute of the hell I endure for my recovery. Next year for #OSH16 I will be there for a week with a nice camper. I am hoping to be there every day with maybe one day where I just sit and recover and relax with others. The Camping places around EAA Wittman Regional are a constant non-stop party and it is sooooooooooo much fun! Enjoy the pictures, share them with friends and others in the hobby we all enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...amp;uploaded=49

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/04/15 12:31 PM

Wheels
Oh I know. They need to make money after all! I've just become less and less tolerant of being in big crowds of people as I've gotten older.

Now get off my lawn!! wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/04/15 01:44 PM

Wheels
Oh I know. They need to make money after all! I've just become less and less tolerant of being in big crowds of people as I've gotten older.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/04/15 01:52 PM

Bah.

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/05/15 07:46 PM

Wheels

Volunteer to work at the airshow and you will most likely get access to areas "off limits" to the general public. The crowds are still there but you are not crushed in amongst them.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/06/15 02:17 PM

Sorry I'm late, finished unpacking the last bits of the backpack today, so its really all over,.... Now the road to Oshkosh 2016 begins!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/06/15 02:22 PM

Awesome pics Lewis!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/06/15 02:29 PM

I think you need to click that little "rotate photo 90 degrees" button a couple of times there...

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/06/15 02:35 PM

Funny, when I viewed those pics on my iPhone they all had the proper orientation. I guess Safari has a feature where it can auto-detect stuff like that.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/07/15 03:47 AM

Didn't realize Oshkosh was in Australia. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/11/15 02:55 AM

Well I got news to share. One of the Photographs I took at EAA Airventure Oshkosh is going to be published in the CAF or Commemorative Air Force's Magazine. If you live here in the States they pretty much own and fly most of the WWII Warbirds that all of us love and enjoy at Air Shows. They asked for permission to use it in their magazine with full credit and all that of course going to me. I've been published before but it was a long time ago and was for another Photograph I had taken at a EAA show in the early 2000s. Kinda nice to be noticed especially with a Organization like the CAF!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/11/15 03:38 AM

Congrats coolhand!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/15 03:59 AM

Very cool news coolhand. thumbsup

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/17/15 03:07 AM

Thanks! Still shocked over all this. Just hope it is in next months issue.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/17/15 10:38 AM

Ugh....Monday.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/15 02:05 AM

If Susanna can't put a smile on that grumpy face of yours, no-one can!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/15 03:09 AM

Which leads us to what may be Leonard Nimoy's most significant performance:

j/k

I note though, that it appears that Susanna and the girls did not put a smile on his face (during the video).

I can't say I blame him on that one...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/15 03:26 AM

I had no idea that Nimoy was in a Bangles video. Lol.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/15 11:40 AM

I always liked the bass player best. Called herself
Michael Steele, but her real name was Suzy Thomas.
Played bass for the Runaways before their first
recording. She wrote and sang a song called Following,
which is the best thing I heard from the Bangles.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/15 02:04 PM

Shoulder pads are fascinating...

The Jedi Master

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/15 02:05 PM

Shoulder pads are fascinating...

The Jedi Master
Thank god they died a quick death after the early 90's.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/15 05:26 AM

wave

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/03/15 03:00 AM

Slow night...

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/03/15 11:51 AM

Some cheesy parts for sure but this video was shown on opening day for MTV,

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/02/15 02:45 AM

Some cheesy parts for sure but this video was shown on opening day for MTV,

Curious if the actress in the video did anything else?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/09/15 10:09 PM

I'm going to see an English Electric Lightning tomorrow. Do I win anything?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/10/15 06:08 AM

I'm going to see an English Electric Lightning tomorrow. Do I win anything?

Yep, A lifetime memory.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/10/15 11:57 PM

I see that "Pan" completely bombed at the box office this weekend.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/11/15 08:54 PM

Didn't "Hook" do poorly at the box office when it was released too?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/11/15 09:15 PM

Didn't "Hook" do poorly at the box office when it was released too?

Wheels

Actually it did really well,

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hook.htm

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/11/15 09:22 PM

Huh, that doesn't jibe at all with what I remember. Of course these days that's no surprise. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/16/15 11:45 PM

bump

wave

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/30/15 08:41 AM

Hallowe'en at Lara's kindergarten.

I'm standing here with a native from planet Pumpkin-IX. And, as you see, Starfleet uniforms come in two sizes: Too large and too small...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/30/15 10:32 AM

It also seems like Starfleet has adopted denim. biggrin

Great pic!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/30/15 02:34 PM

biggrin

Yes! It's nearly indestructable. Of course redshirts won't be issued Denim.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/02/15 06:42 PM

biggrin

Yes! It's nearly indestructable. Of course redshirts won't be issued Denim.

hahaha

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/12/15 04:50 AM

Jeff Foxworthy - "Words of the South"

Source: https://youtu.be/0VSdYaX114Q

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/06/15 06:19 AM

The Smithereens - "A Girl Like You"

Source: https://youtu.be/F4JFqfqIPKA

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/07/15 04:21 AM

Thanks for keeping this thread alive wheels! biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/07/15 05:28 AM

Thanks for keeping this thread alive wheels! biggrin

Haven't found the right formula to keep people entertained with it yet. Tom seemed to always have the ability to come up with some off the wall post to get things going again if things died down.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/07/15 11:25 AM

I hope Tom is doing ok. I haven't heard anything about him for over 2 years.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/08/15 06:07 AM

I hope Tom is doing ok. I haven't heard anything about him for over 2 years.

According to the Directory that is about right.
He hasn't logged into the site since October of last year and his last post was in February 12, 2014.

20mm (Member #501)
User
Registered On: 01/03/01 10:00 AM

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/21/16 05:32 AM

Been awhile since he was HUGE but this is still pretty funny.

Michael Winslow - Driving a rental truck

Source: https://youtu.be/v3y7CvHxF54

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/21/16 01:10 PM

Thanks for reviving this thread from time to time Wheels. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/22/16 05:35 AM

Thanks for reviving this thread from time to time Wheels. biggrin

The third iteration seemed to be when it was at its most popular.

Wheels
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/24/16 03:30 AM

I went looking for this thread, and found it on page one!

18,000 posts!
Posted By: Falstar

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/24/16 03:43 AM

Happy B-day!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/25/16 12:15 PM

It's actually cold in Miami today!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/12/16 03:15 AM

It's actually cold in Miami today!

It's been unseasonably warm in southern California recently.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/12/16 12:15 PM

I finally visited Las Vegas for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

The Grand Canyon rocks!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/14/16 05:38 PM

I finally visited Las Vegas for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

The Grand Canyon rocks!

Lol, that is not why most people head to Vegas.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/16/16 02:55 PM

Wheels
I'm not a gambler and I'm also a married man so yes that meant mostly doing nature tours and eating at restaurants. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/17/16 06:51 AM

Wheels

I'm not a gambler and I'm also a married man so yes that meant mostly doing nature tours and eating at restaurants. wink

Which is not nearly as cheap as it was twenty years ago. The casinos knew they were going to take it from you at the tables or slot machines so they were more than willing to give you free drinks and great food for next to nothing.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/17/16 11:50 AM

Which is not nearly as cheap as it was twenty years ago. The casinos knew they were going to take it from you at the tables or slot machines so they were more than willing to give you free drinks and great food for next to nothing.

Wheels
Yup and now most tourists are spending less on gambling and spending more on other things like shows and tours so the food at the casinos isn't subsidized anymore for the most part.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/21/16 04:06 AM

I do miss the New "Old" Vegas. Still had some of the trappings and perceived glory of the mob days from the 50's to the 70's but corporate had just started to take over in the 80's and 90's. It completely changed when they started billing it as a family vacation spot perfectly suitable for the kids.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/10/16 07:31 AM

wave

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/10/16 11:56 AM

Here are some interesting pics for you wheels of the "Old" Las Vegas. Some nice looking dames in there too!

http://mashable.com/2015/10/14/el-rancho-las-vegas/?utm_cid=lf-toc

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/13/16 09:13 PM

Here are some interesting pics for you wheels of the "Old" Las Vegas. Some nice looking dames in there too!

http://mashable.com/2015/10/14/el-rancho-las-vegas/?utm_cid=lf-toc

Great pics Panzer.
There are a definitely few lookers in them pics. yep

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/21/16 01:16 AM

What a dish.

jawdrop

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/21/16 01:53 AM

For my wife that would just be a starter - and she's a rather small Chinese woman.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/21/16 02:23 AM

...who would've thought... Chinese government is on to me! Have to change my cover

https://thenanfang.com/chinese-residents-warned-spies-posing-laowai-boyfriends/

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/21/16 05:15 AM

We'll send you new I.D. paperwork after you catch up on those reports you owe us, agent! winkngrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/21/16 07:14 AM

The fence they built is 8850 KM long but nowhere more than some 15 meters wide, and there are watchtowers every few hundred meters. The code to unlock the gates is either 0000# or 1234#. And Judge Judy recently said it has to be moved 75 cm to the right.

Rest of the info has been cleverly disguised as a Wikipedia page!

Now get me out of here! I can already hear the chopsticks clicking!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/21/16 11:05 AM

...who would've thought... Chinese government is on to me! Have to change my cover

https://thenanfang.com/chinese-residents-warned-spies-posing-laowai-boyfriends/

The Chinese government may be onto something. After all, Anna Chapman was a massive hottie. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/23/16 12:26 AM

What we've got here is failure to communicate

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/06/16 08:44 PM

Searching for TRUE GRIT 1968 filming locations

Source: https://youtu.be/mRO80czBpmA

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/10/16 02:07 AM

36 Hours

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/19/16 05:59 AM

If you like drums acts Louie Bellson and Buddy Rich do a great job.

Imo, the rest of the show is worth watching too.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/19/16 06:55 AM

Hey chaps,

Been a while...How have things been?

PS. Is your election over yet (Q for the US members)?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/19/16 11:27 AM

PS. Is your election over yet (Q for the US members)?

Not yet unfortunately. Almost 3 more months to go.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/23/16 06:25 AM

Hey PanzerMeyer. It's been interesting watching the build up. Here in Australia we complain of a long federal campaign if it stretches six to 8 weeks!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/23/16 11:16 AM

Hey PanzerMeyer. It's been interesting watching the build up. Here in Australia we complain of a long federal campaign if it stretches six to 8 weeks!

6 to 8 weeks isn't enough time for the tv networks to make all of their millions in additional advertising revenue!

Trump has been a gold mine for the cable networks like Fox News and CNN.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/27/16 06:20 AM

Betty Page.

Because, well, Betty Page.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/28/16 04:07 AM

Betty was definitely the it girl of her day.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/30/16 06:10 AM

@Dart

doesshe

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/30/16 10:58 AM

One of my classic fave babes smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/30/16 07:30 PM

One of my classic fave babes smile

Who can resist a good snake dance? wink

Other than the snake, maybe... I was surprised that one didn't seem a bit more agitated after that spinning around.
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/30/16 07:51 PM

There can't be a snake dance without sweet, sweet Satanico....

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/09/16 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna

There can't be a snake dance without sweet, sweet Satanico....

Code:
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/b2BCivT1v2A[/video]

Salma was and definitely still is a gorgeous woman.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 06:11 AM

old woof

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 10:55 AM

Welcome back Doug!!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 07:04 PM

Hello Doug. smile

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 07:07 PM

Useless trivia for today:

The farthest known galaxy from Earth is a mere 13.3 billion light years away.

So if your ship is going warp 1 it would take you 13.3 billion years to get there. biggrin

Sounds to me like we need transwarp drives!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 07:10 PM

Or the ability to fold space.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 07:11 PM

Wheels
Do you have some good amounts of melange laying around?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/12/16 09:56 PM

Wheels

A TachyonTaco-nator! Or maybe just TachyTaconator to shorten it up a bit. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/21/16 05:32 AM

When you are bored and looking for something completely useless yet somewhat entertaining to do with a batch file check out this video.

Matrix .bat program

Source: https://youtu.be/UoQGXEzQ8MM

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/21/16 10:57 AM

Whoa!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/22/16 03:20 AM

Whoa!

Only after you exit the program, otherwise it is running on giddy up. winkngrin

Wheels
Posted By: Stewie

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/24/16 08:23 AM

This thread has been going on for too long. Semmern has just got back from a holiday in USA and hes back at work now.
He just hasnt got time to check in here to see how this is going, sooooooo.
Can someone, one of the Mods, kindly lock this thread, please? Dont bother to post any reason for locking it though, that would be a waste of your valuable time.. Just quietly lock it. I think thats best for all concerned.
Thank you
thumbsup

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/24/16 11:36 AM

Blasphemer !

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/24/16 04:58 PM

DAMN!
biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: oldgrognard
Blasphemer !

+1

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Stewie
DAMN!
biggrin

Ha. Your cunning plan has been thwarted by
the forbearance of our most lenient moderators.
No winning for you.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 11:04 AM

Ok, busted.
Buut you have to admit...it was a good try smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 11:12 AM

No, it was a try. Leave good out of it. winkngrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 11:14 AM

Ok.
Lemme plan my next attempt....
biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 02:27 PM

It's time for some useless trivia facts:

The second largest country in the world (Canada) has less people than California.

The top two destinations for immigrants (both legal and illegal) in 2016 so far have been the US and Germany.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/25/16 08:37 PM

The Dolphins just won in overtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and I don't care if it was against the Cleveland Brown's. A win is a win

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/26/16 02:05 AM

I'm fully expecting an 8-8 season for the Dolphins.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/26/16 06:03 AM

It's time for some useless trivia facts:

The second largest country in the world (Canada) has less people than California.

The top two destinations for immigrants (both legal and illegal) in 2016 so far have been the US and Germany.

The furthest point south in Canada is on the approximate same latitude as the Oregon-California border.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/26/16 10:40 AM

After an exhaustive survey of the complete, whole, the entire internet, I am ready to present the results.

Mods, you know what you have to do. You have to do the "Right Thing".
Lock this thread down before it gets out of control.
The people have spoken.
I thank you
P.S. No need to say why or to post a message, nothing like that, ok?

biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/27/16 06:27 AM

After an exhaustive survey of the complete, whole, the entire internet, I am ready to present the results.

Mods, you know what you have to do. You have to do the "Right Thing".
Lock this thread down before it gets out of control.
The people have spoken.
I thank you
P.S. No need to say why or to post a message, nothing like that, ok?

biggrin

Saw that exact same chart for the cowboys and aliens movie.

Red - was the people that saw the movie and hated it
Blue - was the people that saw the movie and only liked it enough not to say that they hated it.
Orange - was the people who hadn't seen the movie but still hated it.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/27/16 09:25 AM

I started to watch that movie. I really wanted to like it. I didnt even get halfway through it. Shame.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/27/16 11:13 AM

Cowboys & Aliens was a prime example of how having some really good actors and a good director won't save you from a crappy script and premise.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/27/16 11:24 AM

Ive got the last word!!!
The last word is.......

The last word, in the The Oxford English Dictionary, is zyxt, a long-obsolete Kentish spelling of second person singular present tense of see!

Woohoo. I feel good.
Its been a long haul but it was worth it. Id like to thank my worthy opponents for making me up my game. Id like to thank everyone who took part in this marathon of wordplay. I would also like to thank my Agent, without whom I wouldnt be here today , at the end, the final day, on the podium.
Thank you all

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/27/16 11:27 AM

I guess "zygote" comes right before it. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/27/16 11:46 AM

Damn! Youre good biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/28/16 06:28 AM

Damn! Youre good biggrin

Lol, I don't think many of us will best Panzer at word play games.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/30/16 10:51 AM

All is well with the world now. SimHQ is back!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/30/16 08:41 PM

*suppressed coff*
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/16 01:06 AM

The Flat Earth Society is a serious organization. They have their own webzone and all.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/

I bet they can confirm they have members from all around the globe.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/16 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna

I bet they can confirm they have members from all around the globe.

WOuldnt that be "All over the Earth"?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/16 01:54 AM

Did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/16 02:38 AM

Flat Earth society? Bah! There are still people who believe that humans and dinosaurs coexisted!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/16 02:57 AM

Happy Birthday PanzerMeyer!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/16 03:04 AM

Thanks piper! I think that's my favorite pic of Gillian. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 02:59 AM

Dragging out the days it takes to get over the 100,000 post mark so it falls on election day Panzer must be about ready to explode. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 11:46 AM

1...2...3. This thing on?

Just checking the status of my infinite vortex of lastwordness, years into the process of filling this internet up and overflowing into the next one.

Sincerely,

The Pan-Galactic Emperor of the Penultimate Syllable of the Last Word.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 11:53 AM

Dragging out the days it takes to get over the 100,000 post mark so it falls on election day Panzer must be about ready to explode. biggrin

Wheels
I do have to admit that it's quite a coincidence especially considering that I made my first post while Bush II was serving his first term as President.
Posted By: Falstar

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 12:02 PM

3 more to go PM. gogogo

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 05:16 PM

And he's crossed the threshold!
The world is still here, though I have to say, I felt a great disturbance in the Force.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 05:17 PM

Oh, there WILL be a great disturbance in the Force but that won't be happening until later tonight Eastern Standard Time. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 05:35 PM

Like millions of voices screaming and then brought to silence.

I'm going to Steak and Shake for a cheese burger.

MMmmmmmm....cheese burger.

Nothing bad ever happened to me while I was eating one.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/08/16 05:40 PM

Oh, there WILL be a great disturbance in the Force but that won't be happening until later tonight Eastern Standard Time. wink

No doubt about the disturbance, to be sure!

Congrats on passing another milestone, PM! It's nice to see the counter didn't roll back to all zeroes. thumbsup

At least our SimHQ forum universe didn't implode, or experience some other cataclysm. Real life tonight might be another matter...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/09/16 01:00 AM

Like millions of voices screaming and then brought to silence.

I'm going to Steak and Shake for a cheese burger.

MMmmmmmm....cheese burger.

Nothing bad ever happened to me while I was eating one.

There is always that first time...

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/09/16 01:22 PM

Well....that was an interesting evening!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/09/16 03:36 PM

Well....that was an interesting evening!

Lol, Just a little bit.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/10/16 01:52 AM

Did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/10/16 05:26 AM

Did I win?

Nope, but to keep this in the current forum I won't discuss who did. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/10/16 12:06 PM

Did I win?
Hey your State of Ohio pulled through for us! biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/07/16 04:52 PM

Riptide

Source: https://youtu.be/7cNC8nEajPk

I had read that they were only renting the helicopter and painted it pink without the owners consent. It still worked during the week painted pink with regular crews until the show was cancelled.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/07/16 04:57 PM

I remember Riptide. There were lots of those private investigator shows back then it seems.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/24/16 06:45 AM

I remember Riptide. There were lots of those private investigator shows back then it seems.

Yep, imo they were trying to cash in on the success of Magnum P.I.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/27/16 12:22 PM

Yep, imo they were trying to cash in on the success of Magnum P.I.

Wheels
Exactly! How about Remington Steele? lol

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/28/16 01:39 AM

I thought Stephanie Zimbalist was darn cute so I watched the show because of her.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/28/16 11:48 AM

I thought Stephanie Zimbalist was darn cute so I watched the show because of her.

Wheels
Yeah she was very attractive back then. I have no idea where she is today.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/29/16 01:47 AM

Yeah she was very attractive back then. I have no idea where she is today.

From the credits on her IMDb page she seems to have taken a ten year hiatus and just recently got back into acting. Before that it was only TV movies or bit parts on several TV series so Remington Steele to this point seems to have been the apex of her career.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/01/17 09:53 PM

First post of the new year for this thread. smile

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/02/17 12:23 AM

I think we are the only two people who still post in it. Lol.
Posted By: Meatsheild

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/02/17 01:05 AM

<posts in thread just to prove panzer wrong>

postcount

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/02/17 05:00 AM

hahaha

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/05/17 03:11 AM

I think we are the only two people who still post in it. Lol.

It seems that way most of the time.

Thanks Meatsheild and CyBerkut for proving us wrong. smile

Wheels
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/05/17 06:16 AM

I watched Dog and Cat due to Kim Basinger, not because it was great show. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/05/17 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan
How old is that movie? I ask because the way Basinger looks now is not that great.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/05/17 04:13 PM

Almost 40 years, (very short lived TV series actually) and I agree, she did not age well. Raquel Welch, on the other hand, did.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/06/17 05:36 AM

Considering she was only 24 at the time I can understand completely.

Source: https://youtu.be/vdSeJmN1lA4

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/06/17 11:36 AM

Looks like that show was late 70's/early 80's.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/06/17 02:40 PM

Considering she was only 24 at the time I can understand completely.

In retrospect, I was only 19, at the time, and there were only about five channels on the TV. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/07/17 01:01 AM

In 1977 we had four 3-1/2 channels. ABC, CBS, NBC and some independent station that was hit and miss.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/07/17 01:21 AM

In 1977 we had four 3-1/2 channels. ABC, CBS, NBC and some independent station that was hit and miss.

Living in a major metro area, we had channels 4, 5, 7, 9, which were the major networks and then 20 and 26 (which was PBS).

So we actually had six.

When I was in college, in the UP of Michigan, without cable you had 1, or possibly 2, if the weather was good.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/09/17 12:40 PM

and some independent station that was hit and miss.

Wheels
My guess that was PBS?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/09/17 01:36 PM

Some of us just read and don't post.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/09/17 07:30 PM

Some of us just read and don't post.

And occasionally (in some other parts of SimHQ), some seem to do it the other way around... rolleyes

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/11/17 06:33 AM

and some independent station that was hit and miss.

Wheels

My guess that was PBS?

It was almost 40 years ago so I don't have a clue but it don't remember it being a PBS station.
Chanell 55 is a fox affiliate now. http://foxillinois.com/
It's big draw for me was that it aired The Rat Patrol.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/11/17 11:58 AM

It's big draw for me was that it aired The Rat Patrol.

Wheels

I remember seeing some re-runs for that show when I was a kid. I just looked at the cast list and I don't recognize a single actor on it.
Posted By: coasty

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 12:53 AM

i found out my chevy station wagon would not jump sand dunes like the Rat Patrols vehicles.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: coasty
i found out my chevy station wagon would not jump sand dunes like the Rat Patrols vehicles.

rofl
That's a great mental picture.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 11:48 AM

Can you imagine a reboot of a show like "Hogan's Heroes" in today's politically correct climate? LOL

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 05:09 PM

Can you imagine a reboot of a show like "Hogan's Heroes" in today's politically correct climate? LOL

According to an interview with Bob Crane I read the idea caught all sorts of flack even in its own time.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 05:33 PM

According to an interview with Bob Crane I read the idea caught all sorts of flack even in its own time.

Wheels
Yes, I recall reading that both Neo-Nazis and Jews hated the show but for different reasons. Regardless though, the show still got produced and aired. A reboot now wouldn't even get that far.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 05:46 PM

Yes, I recall reading that both Neo-Nazis and Jews hated the show but for different reasons. Regardless though, the show still got produced and aired. A reboot now wouldn't even get that far.

Oh, I agree with you on that point.

Something I did not know for quite some time was that Werner Klemperer agreed to the part only on the condition that Klink would be portrayed as a fool who never succeeded because his family was Jewish.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 06:04 PM

Can you imagine trying to do "Blazing Saddles" now ? wacky

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 06:13 PM

rofl
That would definitely be an interesting meeting for anyone trying to pitch it to a studio.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/12/17 06:55 PM

Mel Brooks has even said in some interviews that many of his films could not have been made now so he's glad he made them when he did.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/13/17 03:04 AM

Are you kidding, you couldn't even do the "fart" scene now without having a lawyer up your ass
representing the lactose intolerant.

btw - did I win?
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/13/17 08:50 AM

Yet there are several Christmas movies where Santa cannot drink milk unless you want him farting down the chimney all night.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/15/17 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: DaBBQ
Yet there are several Christmas movies where Santa cannot drink milk unless you want him farting down the chimney all night.

If only Bad Santa was that tame...

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/17/17 12:08 PM

It seems like that latest "Bad Santa" movie got ignored for the most part.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/17/17 09:56 PM

It seems like that latest "Bad Santa" movie got ignored for the most part.

Heck I didn't even know it had been released.

Wheels
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/17/17 10:01 PM

I never realized until this year how many crappy Christmas movies have been made. There has to hundreds. I think there could literally be a cable channel that just showed Christmas movies.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/17 03:24 AM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/17 05:22 AM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

So is that picture saying we have too many or too few?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/17 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: LB4LB
I think there could literally be a cable channel that just showed Christmas movies.

Just watch Hallmark and Lifetime during the holidays. If you survive the ordeal you are an impressive man!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/08/17 04:48 AM

Harrison Ford 1969 Love American Style episode. He already has the scar on his chin.
Love and the Former Marriage: https://youtu.be/o7tTwU0GBLg?t=40s

It is DEFINITELY a product of the 1960's. biggrin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/08/17 11:48 AM

The oldest thing I've seen Harrison Ford in is "American Graffiti" from 1973.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/08/17 06:42 PM

I know I have seen this movie so it would be the earliest work of his where I have seen him play a part but I don't remember anything about the part he played.
A Time for Killing (1967): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062373/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_72

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/15/17 04:07 AM

bump

tanksalot

knockitoff

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/15/17 04:14 AM

and to that I say

chili

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/15/17 01:06 PM

Welcome back to the last word thread piper!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/14/17 03:02 AM

Just for the heck of it...

Source: https://youtu.be/vqRxWAqnQ_g

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/14/17 10:56 AM

Trivia for today:

The Tripartite Pact signed between Germany, Italy and Japan was purely a mutual-defensive alliance which meant that Germany and Italy were under no obligation to join the war against the US after the Pearl Harbor attack.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/20/17 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Trivia for today:

The Tripartite Pact signed between Germany, Italy and Japan was purely a mutual-defensive alliance which meant that Germany and Italy were under no obligation to join the war against the US after the Pearl Harbor attack.

With all the aid we were giving Britain by then I am pretty sure Roosevelt would have asked Congress to declare war on them anyway.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/20/17 11:06 AM

That's a good point wheels. I can just imagine the sigh of relief from Roosevelt and Churchill after Hitler declared war. lol

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 06/20/17 02:47 PM

That's a good point wheels. I can just imagine the sigh of relief from Roosevelt and Churchill after Hitler declared war. lol

Yeah, that WAS a pretty bone headed move on his part. Surprisingly enough not his worst one though.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/18/17 03:54 AM

Led Zeppelin ★ The Song Remains The Same
https://archive.org/details/LedZeppelinTheSongRemainsTheSame-Film1976

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/17 10:40 AM

I realise this isn't the "last song" thread but this has been rocking out in my synapses for approx. 48 hours (yes, including sleep)
For all of you Northern hemisphere blokes/chicks, this song reminds me of being an Aussie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkrEiD9s0pU

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/17 11:14 AM

The thread that refuses to die!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/17 11:31 AM

Where only the strong survive. BTW. Is Semmern still around?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/22/17 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rogered
. Is Semmern still around?

Yes he is. He's just busy flying big airliners around in Norway. biggrin

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/17 10:10 PM

bump

Sturmoviks over Manchuria

SoM Download: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1631

Pacific Fighters trailer

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/17 11:43 PM

Did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/17 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by piper
Did I win?

Not yet.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/03/17 11:48 PM

Dammit..

:-)
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/04/17 12:52 AM

Not this time either.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/04/17 12:57 AM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/04/17 01:11 AM

I might not have dropped the wheel, but damned sure as hell I'd of needed to carry 20 nuts and bolts to secure it.

Oh, who am I kidding? No f*cking way!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/04/17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by LB4LB

RIP Vir Cotto.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/04/17 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dart
I might not have dropped the wheel, but damned sure as hell I'd of needed to carry 20 nuts and bolts to secure it.

Air Crash Averted (1926) British Pathe video
Code
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i86U0_7ZocU&t[/video]

Oh, who am I kidding? No f*cking way!

Lol same here, he definitely would have been taking his chances landing without the wheel if I had been the one told to change the tire.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 06:02 AM

Wow, over 4 months without anyone posting this time...

Amok Time

http://youtu.be/KCamCYip2t4

Pretty good parody by Jim Carey in "The Cable Guy"

http://youtu.be/I5n28hpMFBE

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 10:02 AM

The competition is still raging, I see smile
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 03:42 PM

I thought I was wrong for thinking this thread was wrong once, but .... I was wrong. behindcouch

S!Blade<><

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 04:00 PM

Trivia question for today:

Name the only film actor to have appeared on both “Amadeus” and “Dune”.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 04:37 PM

Sting
I thought I was wrong for thinking this thread was wrong once, but .... I was wrong. behindcouch

S!Blade<><

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 04:37 PM

S!Blade<><

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Sting

S!Blade<><

Nope but thanks for trying. :-)

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Sting

S!Blade<><

Nope but thanks for trying. :-)

Michael... somebody???

S!Blade<><

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 09:04 PM

Attached picture SimHQcup.png

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/18/18 11:01 PM

Answer: Kenneth McMillan

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/19/18 04:39 AM

Answer: Kenneth McMillan

Stop posting, so I can catch up! bump

S!Blade<><

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/19/18 04:20 PM

Thank you, only 104,624 to go.

S!Blade<><

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/24/18 08:58 PM

Trivia question:

Nolan Bushnell was the founder of Atari.
What was the other well known thing he founded?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/26/18 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Trivia question:

Nolan Bushnell was the founder of Atari.
What was the other well known thing he founded?

Wheels

I'm going to take a guess and say he founded the Bushnell optics company that made those really nice binoculars?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/26/18 04:17 PM

Nope... Think pizza...

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/26/18 04:19 PM

I'm going to take a guess and say he founded the Bushnell optics company that made those really nice binoculars?

Actually it wasn't him. David P. Bushnell started that company in 1948.
Bushnell Corporation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushnell_Corporation
I did have to Google Bushnell optics to confirm it though since your answer was not on my list of expected responses.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Nope... Think pizza...

Cyber KNOWS!!!

It was "Chuck E Cheese.
Nolan Bushnell: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Bushnell

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another Trivia question.
Who gave Ron Howard his first directing job?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/18 05:21 PM

Another Trivia question.

Wheels

I'll take a guess and say George Lucas?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/18 05:28 PM

I'll take a guess and say George Lucas?

Nice guess but No.
I would have never guessed in a million years but it actually makes sense considering what types of movie the individual who gave him his first shot makes.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/18 05:30 PM

Speaking of Chuck E Cheese, I'm not a fan of that place at all. I found the food to be pretty crappy and I always walk out of that place with a massive headache due to all of the constantly screaming kids.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/03/18 04:23 PM

Speaking of Chuck E Cheese, I'm not a fan of that place at all. I found the food to be pretty crappy and I always walk out of that place with a massive headache due to all of the constantly screaming kids.

Remember their motto "Where a kid can be a kid" which I guess means act like a maniac at the loudest possible volume.
There is a Chuck E Cheese near a store I frequent and the noise level is so bad that I can hear it outside. No way I am going to be setting foot in the place.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/06/18 08:53 PM

Another Trivia question.

Wheels

The answer is the low budget movie king, Roger Corman.

Before leaving Happy Days in 1980, Howard made his directing debut with the 1977 low-budget comedy/action film Grand Theft Auto. This came after cutting a deal with Roger Corman, wherein Corman let Howard direct a film in exchange for Howard starring in Eat My Dust!, with Christopher Norris

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Howard#Directing

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/09/18 10:05 PM

This thread desperately needs a 20mm infusion...

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/09/18 10:26 PM

Wheels
I hope he’s doing ok. I haven’t seen a post from him in about 6 years.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/09/18 10:42 PM

I hope he’s doing ok. I haven’t seen a post from him in about 6 years.

It's been just a little over 4 years since his last post. The last post/thread of consequence outside of that lone post 4 years ago regarding him was when fearlessfrog? went to visit him in Arizona.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/09/18 10:42 PM

Wheels

Not what you meant, but at least somewhat entertaining. wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/09/18 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Code
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFDHX22nh4[/video]

Not what you meant, but at least somewhat entertaining. wink

Neat video Cyber.
Even in WW2 I would not have wanted to attack a tank with just a 20mm round though.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/10/18 12:51 AM

Did somebady mention 20mm?

Attached picture the real 20mm.jpg
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/10/18 12:58 AM

Still love ya Tom....and our section of humanity misses you ALOT.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/30/18 03:36 AM

I don't remember any of them except Born Free.

27 INTROS TO A LOT OF BAD 70s TV SHOWS

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/30/18 11:25 AM

I was a small child in the 70's so I remember a lot of tv shows but I didn't recognize any that were in that video! They must have all been very short lived.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/30/18 10:04 PM

For me not to remember them they almost had to be on air less than a season.

One you may have missed in the video, I did, was "The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo". It was a spinoff from BJ and the Bear. If you remember it at all it will probably be because of Nell Carter's character.
The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078658/

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/01/18 10:58 AM

BJ and the Bear I definitely remember but not that spinoff show.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/04/18 05:56 AM

happy_bday
It's got to be someones birthday.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/04/18 09:46 AM

Yep, it’s mine.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/04/18 11:13 PM

Random trivia for today:

The city of Miami has more people than the entire state of Wyoming.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/06/18 02:56 AM

Random trivia for today:

The city of Miami has more people than the entire state of Wyoming.

Not quite,as of 2016 anyway, but you give them a good run for their money. In 2016 the city of Miami had a population of 453,579 (2016).
The city of Miami grew by 12,715 over a one-year period from July 2015 to July 2016 for a total population of 453,579.

Source: https://patch.com/florida/miami/miami-among-fastest-growing-us-cities-census-bureau

State of Wyoming in:
2010 - 563,626
2017 - 579,315 (est)
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming#Population

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/06/18 10:45 AM

Ok thanks for pointing that out wheels! I was close but no cigar.

Still, Wyoming has a hell of a tiny population density!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/07/18 03:32 AM

Ok thanks for pointing that out wheels! I was close but no cigar.

Still, Wyoming has a hell of a tiny population density!

Oh, no doubt.
Wyoming

The second least densely populated state is Wyoming with six people per square mile. This state is a large state with a small population, and the most important economic activities include cattle ranching, coal mining, and tourism. A large portion of the land is either covered in mountains or designated as nationally protected (National parks and monuments for example) and therefore cannot be inhabited by humans.

Source: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/least-densely-populated-u-s-states.html

Here's today's Trivia question.
How many STATES have fewer Representatives than Senators.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/07/18 06:28 PM

about six I think

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/09/18 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by cichlidfan
about six I think

Close - There are 7 of them.

Alaska, Delaware, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, & Wyoming.
Source: https://www.britannica.com/topic/United-States-House-of-Representatives-Seats-by-State-1787120
Thanks for playing. thumbsup

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/09/18 07:05 PM

It just floors me to know that my COUNTY has more people than several states.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/09/18 07:23 PM

It just floors me to know that my COUNTY has more people than several states.

Too true, You are conditioned to think that states should have these large populations but that is not the case all too often.

Riverside County has a similar population level to Miami-Dade but it is over three times the size in land mass.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/20/18 01:39 AM

For those that don't venture into the ROF forums WWGeezer has a pretty neat WW1 blog. If you liked the Martin stories in ROF by Dart I think you will enjoy the ongoing story of Gerhardt Rupp by WWGeezer too.
Rupp's Skizzenbuch: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4400068#Post4400068

Here is the first Journal entry, less images, of Gerhardt's story.
Journal Transcript

Page 1
5th January 1918­

Mein Name ist Gerhardt Rupp und das is mein Skizzenbuch.

A Skizzenbuch? Well not exactly, but that is what my mother intended when she gave it to me. I joined the military to seek adventure and serve in the new colonies being established in Africa. She knew I wanted to be an artist and this gift was a promise to return home to her someday and pursue that goal.

But then the Herero Wars came and for eight years in the desert, I saw how cruel my country could be. We gathered the local cattle herders and put them into camps. As a camp guard, I watched over their slow starvation and soon forgot what the sketchbook was for. It sat at the bottom of my kit bag untouched.

Until now that is.

By the time I returned to Germany my mother was gone and rumors of a “great” war were everywhere. After the assassinations in Sarajevo, I knew I would not be heading home anytime soon. Now I am an “old campaigner”, too young to be sent home, too old to be sent to the trenches. So here I sit, behind a desk in this old rail yard, just outside the town of Beauvin, the Unteroffizier for Jasta 77.

I record the names in the duty book of young pilots when they arrive, their eyes full of adventure and patriotism. A few weeks later, I pull their broken bodies from the wreckage and draft letters home to their families for the Hauptmann to sign. It bothered me at first, all those names, but after a while, it is just a job. I have become numb to the death around me and my country’s zeal to rule the world.

I focus on my survival.

Page 2

My mother taught me to read and write in English in hopes that we might find happiness across the Atlantic someday. I use it now to hide my notes from the prying eyes of the simple farm boys they send here to die.

You see, it has become clear to me that there will be no happy ending to this war. So I do what I need to do. I spy for the Hauptmann, smuggle in brandy for the officers, sell pictures of the local girls who are willing to pose.

This skizzenbuch is my record of what goes on at Jasta 77. I keep it for my advantage in hopes that I can find a way to survive this godforsaken war. And the sketches? I use them to distract me from the pounding artillery when I can’t sleep at night.

You see, I am no artist. I broke that promise to my mother long ago.

All of the journal entries are farirly brief like this one but they will draw you in making you want to know more of his story.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/21/18 11:11 AM

Some interesting trivia about the Third Reich

1. There were about 25,000 black people living amongst the German population. Ironically they were never deported to the concentration camps.

2. The soft drink “Fanta” was invented in Germany by employees of the Coca Cola branch there.

3. Hugo Boss was the main designer and manufacturer of Germany’s military uniforms.

4. Hitler had a nephew who served in the US Navy during WW 2.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 09/21/18 12:12 PM

4. Hitler had a nephew who served in the US Navy during WW 2.

And there are two-three sons of this nephew still living in the US today, they have no children and the Hitler bloodline will die with them

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/16/18 03:32 AM

Bob Newhart on The Dean Martin Show - Bomb Guard

Source: https://youtu.be/P52pjwY911A

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/16/18 10:41 AM

Wow, he was super young in that video!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/19/18 04:24 PM

Wow, he was super young in that video!

He was already in his late 30's early 40's in that video.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/23/18 11:04 PM

Doctor Detroit (1983) - Official Trailer

Love how the beginning of the trailer he is describing VHS tapes.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/24/18 11:07 AM

I saw Dr. Detroit on cable in the late 80's. I thought it was pretty funny but it's definitely one of Dan Akroyd's forgotten films.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/01/18 05:56 PM

Dr. Detroit is one I actually went to see in the theater. Thought it was funny at the time but not overly memorable.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/01/18 06:00 PM

Dr. Detroit is one I actually went to see in the theater. Thought it was funny at the time but not overly memorable.

Wheels

BY FAR, my favorite film of his is "Blues Brothers". The original of course, not that abominable sequel.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/01/18 06:11 PM

The first one was awesome, and Carrie Fisher was still hot then.
I never saw the sequel. Is that the one with John Goodman?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/01/18 06:33 PM

Is that the one with John Goodman?

Wheels
Yes. It came out in 1998.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/02/18 09:27 PM

Yes. It came out in 1998.

Thought so, the trailers were enough to convince me it was going to stink big time.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/23/18 03:08 AM

The Rat Patrol S1E1 Full Episode

Source: https://youtu.be/YxcmDCo9LLI

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/26/18 12:05 AM

Dr Demento Show Mix Tape 86-87

Source: https://youtu.be/wjlIkCCEXp4

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/18/18 06:06 AM

wave partything cheers

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/18/18 11:30 AM

Interesting trivia about the US:

When the first Federal census was taken in 1790, the estimated population of the country was 3.9 million.

The estimated population of the US today is almost at 330 million.

So in 228 years, the US population has grown by almost 100 times!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/19/18 04:46 AM

Interesting trivia about the US:

When the first Federal census was taken in 1790, the estimated population of the country was 3.9 million.

The estimated population of the US today is almost at 330 million.

So in 228 years, the US population has grown by almost 100 times!

Would be interesting to know how many of today's 330 million are blood relations actually born in the USA to those 3.9 million.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/20/18 04:00 AM

Foster Brooks Roasts Jimmy Stewart Man of the Hour

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/06/19 12:57 AM

Miami Dolphins announced a (yet another) head coach today!!!

Go Phins!

btw, did I win?

Attached picture miami-dolphins-cheerleaders.jpg

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/06/19 11:35 AM

Hi there piper. I haven't seen you in a long time!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/09/19 01:42 AM

BAZINGA! I WIN!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 02/09/19 08:58 PM

Miami Dolphins announced a (yet another) head coach today!!!

Go Phins!

btw, did I win?

Wonder how long this Miami coach is going to last?

Wheels
Posted By: Colt40Five

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/19 09:19 PM

So nobody won yet? I'm honestly disappointed.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/19 09:31 PM

Wow Colt. Long time, no see. Did you go live in a Tibetan monastery or something?
Posted By: Colt40Five

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/02/19 10:22 PM

Nope. Antarctica. Working in the cafeteria of the intake center for extraterrestrial refugees.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/03/19 12:00 AM

Colt???

Wow. A blast from the past. How ya been?

BTW, did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/03/19 12:28 AM

Colt better be very skeptical of any cute and lovable huskies which might show up out of nowhere.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/09/19 07:01 AM

Holy crow, Good to see you again Colt. smile
You back for awhile or is it going to be another 5+ years before you post again?

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/27/19 05:56 AM

Jonathan Winters and Dean Martin

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/27/19 10:34 AM

Holy crow, Good to see you again Colt. smile
You back for awhile or is it going to be another 5+ years before you post again?

Wheels

I think it's the latter. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/31/19 02:02 AM

I think it's the latter. smile

Looks that way.

Wheels
Posted By: jack72

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/04/19 02:19 PM

Wind Turbines causes cancer......Who is dumb enough to believe that......

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 04/05/19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by jack72
Wind Turbines causes cancer......Who is dumb enough to believe that......

Hello jack, nice of you to play along. thumbsup

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 05/06/19 10:30 PM

bump

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/06/19 11:25 PM

600,600 posts in CH.
[Linked Image]

This post was 600,602.

Wheels

Attached picture 600600_banner.jpg

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/10/19 12:48 AM

!tuo ti erugiF
Posted By: coasty

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/10/19 12:52 AM

its bassackwards…

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/10/19 12:55 AM

peY

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/10/19 01:39 PM

Did you know that the expression "OK" originated from Martin van Buren's presidential campaign in 1840?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 07/21/20 04:55 AM

Jeff Dunham - Best of Walter

Video Source: https://youtu.be/qpL35xwvVDA

Jeff Dunham - Marriage is like Alcatraz

Video Source: https://youtu.be/lOSQvNDIGaU

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/21/20 02:09 AM

A Football Life: Terry Bradshaw

Video Source: https://youtu.be/rOqjvTz_S8Q

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/21/20 11:10 AM

Nice to see you wheels! It's been a few months.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/21/20 11:27 AM

Nice to see you wheels! It's been a few months.

He has been in lockdown due to corona. stirthepot winkngrin
Posted By: Tarnsman

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/22/20 04:02 AM

The future from the past.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/22/20 10:45 AM

“Strange Brew” was such a....well, strange movie!
Posted By: Tarnsman

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/24/20 02:55 AM

Molson or Labatt's that is the question.
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/24/20 03:18 AM

“Strange Brew” was such a....well, strange movie!

Yeah, the hockey scene in the insane asylum was weird.
The SCTV skits still hold up pretty good.
I had their album back in the day, yes they had a vinyl album.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/24/20 06:11 AM

Just checking. Move along here, nothing to see, these aren’t the woids you’re lookin’ fer.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/24/20 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by semmern
Just checking. Move along here, nothing to see, these aren’t the woids you’re lookin’ fer.

How’s the weather today in Norvay? wink
Posted By: Wigean

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/24/20 10:33 PM

METAR: ENGM 242220Z 00000KT 6000 -RA OVC002 05/05 Q1000=
TAF: ENGM 241700Z 2418/2518 16008KT 9999 OVC008 TEMPO 2418/2503 2000 -RADZ BR OVC003 TEMPO 2503/2514 18020G30KT 2000 RA BKN010 BECMG 2514/2516 BKN016=

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 02:19 PM

I hope “piper” is ok. He hasn’t posted since October of last year.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 05:03 PM

Hey PanzerMeyer, I'm fine and lurk around here often.
I hang around at mudspike as I only play DCS now and that's a bad word around here.

I'm also (still) a Phins fan....
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 05:07 PM

Piper, I'm sure you were happy getting college football back yesterday. smile
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 05:09 PM

I'm concerned for LB4LB (big Fixx fan), still a cancer survivor I hope.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 05:41 PM

I hang around at mudspike as I only play DCS now and that's a bad word around here.

Hey it’s great to hear from you. At least the Dolphins are .500 right now. By Dolphins standards that’s awesome!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 06:14 PM

There's been some positivity re: DCS of late: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4539952/great-time-to-be-alive
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 07:02 PM

DCS is great!

Dolphins however, that's another matter wink

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/25/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4

Dolphins however, that's another matter wink

Hey, they have a better record than the Patriots so far this season!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/13/20 04:08 AM

Did I win?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 11/13/20 04:09 AM

Did I win?

Whoa. Where have you been? It's been a long time!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/16/22 07:16 PM

Dolphins are still just barely mediocre. frown
Without the change to a 17 game season they would have been 8-8 once again instead of 9-8.

Wheels
Posted By: Allen

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/16/22 09:19 PM

word

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/17/22 04:07 AM

deadhorse

biggrin
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/17/22 05:50 AM

Farts or chocolate desires, which are more limitless?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/22 01:06 PM

Music trivia for today:

"House of the Rising Sun" was not written by "The Animals".

"The oldest known recording of the song, under the title "Rising Sun Blues", is by Appalachian artists Clarence "Tom" Ashley and Gwen Foster, who recorded it on September 6, 1933, on the Vocalion label"
Posted By: DM

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/22 01:19 PM

"House of the rising sun" should be sung by a woman, seeing as it's the lament of a whore. I've never heard it sung by a woman though.

Of course The Animals make the definitive version, and is IMO the best. Closely followed by White Buffalo.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/22 06:27 PM

IT’S ALIVE!

Come on, guys, someone win! Can’t be that hard, can it?

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/22 06:38 PM

Some historical trivia this time:

The popular soft drink "Fanta" was originally invented at the Coca Cola division/branch in Germany in 1940.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/19/22 03:12 PM

Zyzzyva

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/19/22 03:31 PM

"A girl I met at a night club asked me if I was Goth".

"I then asked her if she meant Visigoth or Ostrogoth".

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/19/22 04:10 PM

Be Blessed!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/22/22 03:00 AM

wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave
woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot

Only thing missing is a left and right Marquee option...

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/22/22 03:13 AM

Dang! it's nice to see you again Wheels!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 03/22/22 04:22 AM

Dang! it's nice to see you again Wheels!

Good to see you too. cool

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/22 05:01 AM

He-111 Undead

Video seemed apropos for this thread.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/12/22 10:37 AM

Nice to see you again wheels!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 08/13/22 06:00 AM

Just checking if any of these words are the last. Move along, nothing to see here.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/02/22 05:44 PM

Just checking if any of these words are the last. Move along, nothing to see here.

There is always something to see. Sometimes it's a lame joke. wink
[Linked Image]

Wheels

Attached picture looters.jpg

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 10/02/22 09:57 PM

LOL!!! I love cynical humor wheels. smile

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/25/23 02:14 AM

bump

Went out for a few minutes earlier today and I have to agree with CB.
[Linked Image]

Wheels

Attached picture charlie_brown.jpg

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 12/26/23 11:42 AM

Charlie Brown should never move to South Florida. That's for sure!

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/24 04:36 AM

bump
Just for the heck of it...
Code
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/vqRxWAqnQ_g[/video]

Source: https://youtu.be/vqRxWAqnQ_g

Wheels
Link to original post: ]https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4351000#Post4351000

bump

Sturmoviks over Manchuria
Code
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/7hjBoj4_TYg[/video]

SoM Download: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1631
Video Source: https://youtu.be/7hjBoj4_TYg

Pacific Fighters Trailer
Code
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/29hve9w7mBU[/video]

Video Source: https://youtu.be/29hve9w7mBU

Wheels
Link to original post: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4382959#Post4382959

Dolphins are still just barely mediocre. frown
Without the change to a 17 game season they would have been 8-8 once again instead of 9-8.

Wheels
Link to original post: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4589480#Post4589480

And Miami goes and loses in the first round of the 2023 season's playoffs this year. deadhorse

--------------------------------

and a new video to close the post out.
Billy Crystal roasts Muhammad Ali (1976)
Video Source: https://youtu.be/kw3aB-gW1UA

Wheels
Post #26525

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/18/24 11:30 AM

I did NOT expect Miami to win that game for mainly two reasons: 1. The cold weather and 2. The game was in KC.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/21/24 07:58 AM

I did NOT expect Miami to win that game for mainly two reasons: 1. The cold weather and 2. The game was in KC.

I had the same thoughts on Miami's chances in that game. Warm weather teams almost always fare poorly in cold weather conditions.

Wheels

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/21/24 08:26 AM

Niners advance to their third NFC game on the trot. I really hope they make it to SB, and win this time! They’ve got a good thing going this season with Purdy, McCaffrey and Kittle +++.

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/21/24 09:18 AM

The Oxford English Dictionary has a new last word. Bet you can’t pronounce it.

Zyzzyva

Re: Semmern's "Whoever gets the last word wins" thread, part V - 01/21/24 01:51 PM

Niners advance to their third NFC game on the trot. I really hope they make it to SB, and win this time! They’ve got a good thing going this season with Purdy, McCaffrey and Kittle +++.

I had no idea you were an NFL fan semmern!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums