homepage

SimHQ at E3 2013

Posted By: EinsteinEP

SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/07/13 06:17 AM

The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is always a good time and this year looks like it will be pretty intense. I'll be headed out to the big show, traveling along with Chunx and SeanManly from SimHQ Motorsports, to scour the floor for items of interest to our sim community.

Although most of the floor will be dedicated to "arcade" games and mobile entertainment items, there are more than a few items I'm looking forward to learning more about:
  • Bohemia Interactive will have a booth and I'll be stopping by to get some more info on Arma III.
  • We've already got a date with the folks from 505 Games to talk more about TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre
  • EA has already announced that Battlefield 4 will be available on the Xbox One - hoping to get some more info about this title and the series.
  • I'll check with the folks from Activision to see more of Call of Duty: Ghosts.
The two new consoles, Xbox One and PS4 will be big attention hogs at the show, of course, showing off their cutting edge hardware and exclusive titles. I hope to get some hands on both consoles, although I expect there will be quite a line at those particular booths!

E3 has more than games, of course.
  • Oculus VR will be showing us their Oculus Rift virtual reality headset that just might take immersion to the next level.
  • We'll also be talking with Playseat who makes gaming chairs. The bulk of their product line is for the racing genre, but I'm still looking forward to checking it out.

Starting June 11, watch for live reports here on the forums and on Twitter by following us on @SimHQ.

There are currently 208 exhibitors in all planning to have booths at the show - who knows who else we'll run into?

tactical

Day 1 Report

Day 2 Report
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/07/13 06:28 AM

Great news! Thanks to you guys for making the trip to keep us informed.
Posted By: Tigerwulf

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/07/13 12:38 PM

Fantastic news! I look forward to reading your reports.

Also, great news that you have some time to talk to the guys about takedown.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/07/13 02:59 PM

Bohemia has posted some new screenshots of Arma III: http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/378-e3-2013-12-new-screenshots-for-arma-3

They've also confirmed they'll be showing DayZ and "a brand new game in the Take On series" at E3.
Posted By: Coot

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/08/13 03:22 AM

Very cool. Have fun and be safe.
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/09/13 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Bohemia has posted some new screenshots of Arma III: http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/378-e3-2013-12-new-screenshots-for-arma-3

They've also confirmed they'll be showing DayZ and "a brand new game in the Take On series" at E3.

A new 'Take On' title, interesting....
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 04:56 PM

MGS5 For Xbox One

new Xbox 360 Design

Xbox Live Gold Members get 2 Free Full Game Downloads/Month!
( I Wanna know more info on this )

World Of Tanks Trailer was Epic, !

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 05:29 PM

Twitch Broadcasting on Xbox One (Broadcasting Games Live from your Console).
-Good for Racing League Races in FM5.

No More MSPoints, NO More 100 friend Limit

XBL Gold and MP Play available to All Users on the Console

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 05:38 PM

Dead Rising 3 actually looks good!

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 05:43 PM

haha 2 videos go through with no audio, then finally realize when they play BF4 that it's broke..... smh.
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 06:01 PM

Check the alley behind the building at night and you might see the Novalogic team disguised as bums and drinking cheap hooch.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 06:09 PM

had to pause feed for a bit, got back, HALO!,

$499.99
Posted By: Magnum

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 06:14 PM

lol, 1 dollar under my set limit of 500 bucks... those bastards must of been spying on me... through this kinetc thingy? wink

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Magnum
lol, 1 dollar under my set limit of 500 bucks... those bastards must of been spying on me... through this kinetc thingy? wink

They heard you say it through the sensor on the Walmart Toilet.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 07:11 PM

I'm liking the new trend in "open world" gaming... started (FOR ME) with RDR, then FC3, etc etc... and now Witcher 3. I like them. wink

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 07:21 PM

Something a few of these games will use but they didnt outright say it.

REAL TIME DAY PROGRESSION, AND PERSISTENT WORLDS.

Meaning if you play 24 hours, you'll play through a realistically modeled sunrise, day time, sunset, night time.

If you log off during a sun set, your saved game continues to progress in the cloud, and log in again 3 hours later, it will be night.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 07:27 PM

Ya Skate... that's all cool and all, if it works... but IMO there trying to be to damn technical, and relying on outside conditions, I just want great games... all in one disk or download, don't need all that cloud BS. again IMO.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 07:32 PM

Ditto..
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 09:03 PM

SW:BF3 + BF4 commander mode made my day

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 09:14 PM

Glad to see mention of SW:BF, although it doesn't look like it will be a launch title. That may actually be a good thing, no way I'm getting this thing at launch, and I'd hate to miss out on MP.

Any word yet on if the new Xbox will support pc racing wheels? If I can use my G27, that would make a big difference.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Genbrien
SW:BF3 + BF4 commander mode made my day

Same, BF4's MP Stage Demo was Awesome.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Glad to see mention of SW:BF, although it doesn't look like it will be a launch title. That may actually be a good thing, no way I'm getting this thing at launch, and I'd hate to miss out on MP.

Any word yet on if the new Xbox will support pc racing wheels? If I can use my G27, that would make a big difference.

Only thing so far relating is Dan Greenawalt Confirmed that Thrustmaster was building the wheel for Xbox One/FM5. and said it was powerful, yada yada.

And it is on the E3 Floor in a Early form, so Hopefully Einstein can get some info on that.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 09:47 PM

I'm heeeeere...

Just got my badge and checking the media lounge services. Off to do some recce.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 09:54 PM

Thrustmaster Booth.....

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 10:31 PM

No Thrustmaster or Guillemot on the list this year.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 10:55 PM

There be dragons here!

Posted By: Mace71

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 10:57 PM

There be Hooters over there!!!
Posted By: DavoMacDave

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 11:18 PM

Tom Clancy's: The Division looks amazing!
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DavoMacDave

Yes, it looks very good. I did not like how casual the communication was between the squad members though, seemed out of place.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/10/13 11:27 PM

So far, all the good stuff is behind closed doors with guards.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 12:45 AM

Tom Clancy: The Division.

Yeah a little casual and scripted. Doesnt reflect what real people will be shouting in an open world game. :P Anyhow for people that missed the announcement video from ubisoft press confrerence:

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-has-a-next-gen-open-world-rpg-and-it-looks-li-512431970

Love the atmosphere and gfx (specially cars getting shot up)

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 03:43 AM

No Thrustmaster or Guillemot on the list this year.

Dan Greenawalt said it was on the floor

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 03:44 AM

Was it me or did the PS4 Have Lockup and Crashing problems in almost every live demonstration today?

$99 Cheaper... hmmm.. how did they manage that? cheap parts?

I bet MS Re-Thinks the DRM 24 hour limit and patches it out ASAP or at least make it so the games can be played offline longer.

Sony was saying they have no online requirement, but the publishers were saying otherwise in interviews, so who's telling the truth?

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Wango_Tango
Originally Posted By: DavoMacDave

Yes, it looks very good. I did not like how casual the communication was between the squad members though, seemed out of place.

Almost like a Watered down SWAT
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Was it me or did the PS4 Have Lockup and Crashing problems in almost every live demonstration today?

How about not coming with a stupid camera sensor that must be connected?

SkateZilla watching the PS4 announcement:

PS4 summary

- No online required. Play your single player disks totally offline.
- Rent, resell or lend disks to friends, no online required.
- Better hardware specs

$399 vs $499 for the XB1.

Xbox One - go home, it's over..
Posted By: Force10

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:05 AM

Yep...Sony really is going to "do the right thing" as they stated earlier. Even if the PS4 was $599...I would still buy it instead of the Xbox, I support their policy.

They released a video how to share games on the PS4

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:05 AM

ROFLMAO!

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

How about not coming with a stupid camera sensor that must be connected?

SkateZilla watching the PS4 announcement:

PS4 summary

- No online required. Play your single player disks totally offline.
- Rent, resell or lend disks to friends, no online required.
- Better hardware specs

$399 vs $499 for the XB1.

Xbox One - go home, it's over..

I had the angry face until the Units started Locking up and Crashing during the publisher press conferences.

Like i said MS isnt stupid, betcha before November they find a way to remove the kinect sensor and sell it for $349, and remove DRM.

Publishers arent gonna enforce DRM on one console and not the other.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:11 AM

Like i said MS isnt stupid, betcha before November they find a way to remove the kinect sensor and sell it for $349, and remove DRM.

Publishers arent gonna enforce DRM on one console and not the other.

But you have been saying for the last month that the PS4 would have similar DRM and used game policies as the Xbox. In fact, I think you said it had to.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:25 AM

That's what the publishers have said, $50, Sony saw the outcry when MS Announced it and removed it.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 04:42 AM

Well Kudos to Sony for making the move and actually listening to what gamers want. For many, it doesn't matter if Microsoft matches every point of Sony's console...it's too little too late and they will remember how MS tried to shake down their wallets. I will most definitely pick up a PS4.

Keep in mind I'm someone that switched over from the PS1 to the Xbox and I currently have 3 Xbox 360's in my house.
Posted By: Genbrien

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 12:07 PM

going to sell my ps3 this week while its worth something. PS4 will be next.

And BF4 is already preordered charge

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Force10

Well Kudos to Sony for making the move and actually listening to what gamers want. For many, it doesn't matter if Microsoft matches every point of Sony's console...it's too little too late and they will remember how MS tried to shake down their wallets. I will most definitely pick up a PS4.

Keep in mind I'm someone that switched over from the PS1 to the Xbox and I currently have 3 Xbox 360's in my house.

Im not gonna bail over DRM and Kinect... since my internet is always on, and even if it goes off, I'll just tether my phones wifi to the xbox.

For people that dont have internet always on and stuff, then yeah, I'd be like *F U MS!

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 03:47 PM

The Division looks excellent! At least Ubi do bring out different twists on genres instead of the usual. Watchdogs for instance.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 06:10 PM

That's what the publishers have said, $50, Sony saw the outcry when MS Announced it and removed it.

Doubtful. SONY simply isn't nimble enough to turn around a major business policy like that. Chances are they planned it this way from day one.

MS is having to do a MAJOR overhaul to XBL in order to support new features, including the Online requirement. SONY probably didn’t want to deal with all that BS. Won’t surprise me if they leave this in the publishers hands, which has the potential to be even worse:

In theory, a sim city 4 type scenario (ie, not enough server bandwidth for all the pre-order holders to play on day 1) wouldn’t happen with the 360, as XBL will (allegedly) be shouldering the server load. If pubs are left to their own devices (I’m looking at you, EA) then you’re at their mercy for used game pricing and such as well. We shall see if MS makes good here.

Also, let’s not forget, Sony also seemed like the champion of the nerd world when it promised backwards compatibility, and the ability to install Linux as major PS3 Features. Then, half way through the product cycle they decided to pull both.

Having said all that, I plan to pre-order both via amazon. They don’t charge till shipping, so you can cancel without being charged. This gives one a chance to voice their concerns to Sony/MS. I can cancel my XBO order for example, and put “do not agree with always-online policy” as the reason why I choose to cancel my order.

Enough people do this, you can bet MS will get the message smile

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 06:44 PM

I'd like to point out some random things from interviews.

Sony's Press Conference said no restrictions on games, etc.

Interview with CEO said the DRM is there if the Publishers want to use it.

Microsoft said it will be there for Publishers if they want to use it.

If none of the publishers want to use it, then the 24/hour DRM refresh is no longer important.

hopefully MS Changes this DRM Time frame to something like 30 days, or just remove the Online DRM Requirement. Let users do whatever with the game.

I think it comes down to Publishers, if they dont Enforce the DRM, then it's most likely not gonna be a problem, no DRM, no Need to check every 24 hours.

MS isnt forcing the publishers to use it, and now, with the outcry from consumers, I doubt the Publishers will,

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 09:29 PM

Got to see the PS4 and Xbox One. Very nice. The Motorsports guys will have some more info on Forza 5 and GT6 - but I thought they sure were purty.

Talked with Brice from Hauppauge re: their HD recorders. They're marketed for recording console video, but can record HD video from PCs as well! Very cool.

Also got to talk with Christian Allen from 505 Games about Takedown: Sabre. We grilled them about the "tactical" aspects of their shooter. I'll have more later tonight.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/11/13 09:46 PM

If Forza doesn't bring in pit stops, tire degradation (to the point of blow out) and fuel consumption, I don't want to hear about it. Same for GT.
If neither system lets me use my G27, then it doesn't need to go any further than that to begin with. wink
Posted By: kludger

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 12:42 AM

I'd like to point out some random things from interviews.

Sony's Press Conference said no restrictions on games, etc.
Interview with CEO said the DRM is there if the Publishers want to use it.

You do know that this is the same as PS3 right?

When I start GranTurismo5 it checks in with PSN to see if I was sent any cars as gifts, it sees if I was on already today and if not it gives me a random money and paint color gift, if PSN is offline or my network is down it tells me that to get a better experience login to PSN, if they wanted to it could check DRM/

So Sony's CEO basically said PS4 is just like PS3 as far as DRM, if the game implementer wants to use something they can... Microsoft was the one that was talking up their new always-on requirements as no big deal and their 24hour offline limit for singleplayer games and is now backing up when they see that Sony was not as dumb, but Sony's system as described by the CEO is no change from the current PS3 one, where it is up to the game publisher to do something more.

Seems like you're thinking it is some sort of backslide where to me it doesn't seem any different than what was already said and what PS3 has, unlike Microsoft's new DRM requirements.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 01:51 AM

GREAT discussion with MadCatz with regards to controllers for flight sims. I'm hoping we'll see some exciting official press releases in the near future. Also got to talk with PlaySeat about their Flight Sim seat.

Connectivity here is completely abysmal. I don't even know if this post will go through. Tweets are hard to make real time, let alone upload pics and videos. We're wrapping up in the hospitality lounge and will be headed back to the hotel to give a more detailed dump.

We have appointments for Occulus VR and Zeiss Cinemizer tomorrow as well as Bohemia. I already got a sneak peek at the new Take On product, Take On Mars: clearly a labor of love with amazing visuals, but I'm not sure how much of a "sim" it's going to be. I'll find out more tomorrow.
Posted By: RacerGT

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 11:51 AM

Day 1 report, thanks EinsteinEP!

http://simhq.com/wp/day-1-simhq-at-e3-2013/

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 03:29 PM

Someone looks out of place in that last shot, lol..

Last time I went, I was trying to get Contact info from some of the booth babes

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 04:14 PM

Fanatec Confirms they are working on Making CSR Wheels Compatible with next gen consoles.

Originally Posted By: Fanatec
We are working on a lot of stuff but our main target is to make the existing wheels compatible with next gen consoles!

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 04:33 PM

Glimpse of new Thrustmaster wheel at 00:22, Better view at 3:22, Pedals Just before that.

Einstein, Goto the Turn10 Tent, Give it a try and test the FFB etc.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 05:57 PM

Before anyone goes crazy about the design. This isnt the final product.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 06:05 PM

that's why is says "DEMO HARDWARE" on it... lol..

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 06:32 PM

I never watched the vid. lol. I heard some guy say it the other day on an e3 feed.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 06:48 PM

Dan Greenawalt said they had it at their booth, but it was still in early development form.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 07:17 PM

looking for clarification... SimHQ guys there at E3...

BF3 on the Xbox 360 is 720p, (while CoD: BO2 is 1080p which I was not aware of, intresting)...

My Q. BF4 on Xbox 360 will be 720p or 1080p? What about on Xbox One/PS4? 1080p... all games coming to next gen at 1080p?

Reason I ask, still deciding but if i forgo the Xbox One and PS4 all together, how will BF4 play on 360.

OT: I've been thinking... no exclusive for either the ONE or PS4, really bites at me... sure I'd like to try Titan Fall or something... but the exclusive I wanted most for Xbox One , FM5... may (or may not) screw me and my $800 Fanatec wheel/pedal system... don't want it if I have to use a gamepad or buy a new wheel.... as for GT what 6? it's coming out on PS3... so really... why do i need next gen console... as of right now I don't see it... save me 900 bucks. wink

just thinking outloud here, still deciding on anything and everything... Thank god for PC, Windows 7, SB Pro PE and DCS... thats all I need. wink
OK, maybe some Combat Mission... OK, some AirLand Battle... OK... maybe some CoD2 and/or Rome 2... but thats all I need... OK, maybe back into iRacing again... but thats it! Thats all I need. wink

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 07:29 PM

All Xbox One Games are 1080p

As For BF4, I'd prefer to run it on my PC 3 Screens is better than 1.
Posted By: bisher

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 07:31 PM

I don't need anything except this.
[picks up an ashtray]
And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp.....

lol

Not only a little of 'the jerk' from Mags but some damn fine questions as well

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 07:31 PM

Ya you bastards never played... I bought 360 and PC, no one ever played MP on PC. wink

hey any more info on the size and quality of screenshots and videos captured in the new consoles... that's really the most wanted feature for me. wink

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 07:52 PM

I was playing close to 6 hours a day... but with just me and my brother it got old when teams accused us of cheating cuz we were on Voice comms communicating, I think we played with Genbrien a few times.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/12/13 09:34 PM

Can't wait for the impressions from the Oculus Rift.(056xxx)

If it's still possible: could someone ask if 21:9 or 21:10 would be technically possible? About 25% would be for peripheral 2D vision, but would it be possible?

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/13/13 04:23 AM

Oculus Rift is amazing...for a prototype. We got to test it with Eve VR demo, a mini space combat game and the immersion was everything it was hyped to be. More to follow.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/13/13 03:10 PM

Day 2 article running a little late. Highlights are that the two VR systems (Oculus and Cinemizer) both rock the house, but one's still in development and the other costs $1,000. I have been introduced to Stinkyboard and am a big fan already. I don't see it as being very convenient for flight or racing Sims, but tactical shooters will see a definite advantage.

We're headed back in for Day 3.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/13/13 07:41 PM

Swing by Oculus. Drill em. 21:9 ratio. wink

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/13/13 09:48 PM

None of the Sony or MS reps I talked to could confirm or deny organic screencap features in the next-gen consoles. A GT rep thought there's a screencap capability in their product, but admits it's a bit cumbersome to use.

Also, I've got a screenshot of the Arma 3 beta that lists the vehicles they brought to E3. I've asked if we can get a detailed change log from Alpha to Beta.
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/14/13 12:29 PM

Oculus Rift is amazing...for a prototype. We got to test it with Eve VR demo, a mini space combat game and the immersion was everything it was hyped to be. More to follow.

Has anybody asked them about being able to look down at your controllers?

That is the hang up preventing me from buying it.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/14/13 12:38 PM

Great update guys, appreciate the info. smile

Frankly, I'm a little bummed that Take On Mars is the next titles in that series. As a space nerd, I'll probably pick it up for funnsies, but I (and I suspect many in the SHQ community) would really have liked to have seen something like Take On Attack helicopters.

The head gear seems cool, and for me the Cinimizer seems like the way to go as it allows use of at least a keyboard, if not a sim pit setup. With the rise of 3D clickable pits though, I suspect one could get by with the Occulus in a system heavy sim like DCS.

The price tag isn't such a big issue IMHO. With the first gen of this hardware, you're looking at people who could afford larger multi-screen systems, but don't have the room.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/14/13 01:15 PM

Thanks SimHQ... but it's not like I'm sick or dying or something like that... after all I am leaving for Hawaii Sunday. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90_wenId7U

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/15/13 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: UnderTheRadar
Yes, we did. They emphasized that the current product was a demo and that they had "ideas" but wouldn't commit to anything more than that. Pretty sure the rep got our message though.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/15/13 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE
The price tag isn't such a big issue IMHO.
I loved the ability to look around outside the glasses and the lightweight, nimble overall feel but $1,000 is a show-stopper for me, especially for a 30° FOV. Unless OLED technology radically changes or the Cinemizer switches to another displays type, the price point isn't going to shift by a lot.
Posted By: Chunx

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/15/13 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Skatezilla
Einstein, Goto the Turn10 Tent, Give it a try and test the FFB etc.

We've got you covered at SimHQ Motorsports. I'll be writing a full recap that should publish next week.

More on the Forza Forum over at SHQM...
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/15/13 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: UnderTheRadar
Yes, we did. They emphasized that the current product was a demo and that they had "ideas" but wouldn't commit to anything more than that. Pretty sure the rep got our message though.

Thank you very much.
Posted By: piiman

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/15/13 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE
Great update guys, appreciate the info. smile

Frankly, I'm a little bummed that Take On Mars is the next titles in that series. As a space nerd, I'll probably pick it up for funnsies, but I (and I suspect many in the SHQ community) would really have liked to have seen something like Take On Attack helicopters.

The head gear seems cool, and for me the Cinimizer seems like the way to go as it allows use of at least a keyboard, if not a sim pit setup. With the rise of 3D clickable pits though, I suspect one could get by with the Occulus in a system heavy sim like DCS.

The price tag isn't such a big issue IMHO. With the first gen of this hardware, you're looking at people who could afford larger multi-screen systems, but don't have the room.

The price and FOV is going to be big problem for them if the OR comes out at 399.00

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/16/13 07:23 PM

Enjoying reading the coverage, thanks for going guys!
Lots of cool stuff, but that Stinkyfeet controller really has me thinking. A decent price point and very useful. That's one to be on the lookout for.
Posted By: -Peregrine-

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/18/13 11:43 PM

Is there an ETA on the Day 3 coverage?

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/19/13 04:54 AM

Article's done just doing final edits before hitting publish. Sorry it's taking so long, folks!

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/19/13 02:43 PM

Get it while it's hot!

http://simhq.com/wp/day-3-simhq-at-e3-2013/

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/19/13 09:33 PM

Fortunately the Kinect 2 tech isn't Xbone exclusive. It's been reported it'll come to PC.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/19/13 09:57 PM

later in 2014.

There are people now using the original Kinect to scan Models into 3d Programs.
Posted By: -Peregrine-

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/20/13 02:14 AM

Thanks Einstein!
Posted By: DarKcyde

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/23/13 04:35 PM

Mad catz (Saitek) "They less than subtly hinted that they have a collective controller in the works (omgomgomgomg)"
WUT?! Do want.
jawdrop

I googled, cant find any other mentions of it. More info! Meh, I'll probably hack one myself before they actually release it.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 06/25/13 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DarKcyde
Mad catz (Saitek) "They less than subtly hinted that they have a collective controller in the works (omgomgomgomg)"
WUT?! Do want.

I know, right?

I'm kinda with you in terms of timing though - it would be fun/faster to build my own. Of course, if I had the time to do it...<sigh>.

Re: SimHQ at E3 2013 - 07/05/13 04:13 PM

After looking at that I suddenly want to buy Razer products...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums