homepage

Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program?

Posted By: Agathosdaimon

Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/18/13 10:19 AM

I just turned over to ABC (Australia's ABC channel) and some military sims guy is demonstrating using countless scenarios of how the f35 JSF would lose virtually every kind of engagement against Chinese jets like the Flanker and such - interesting. It seems alot of money has been poured into the JSF and still i hear it is not ready - what is going on with this plane. i think we should just stick with Super Hornets for our Air Force
Posted By: Ibex

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/18/13 10:39 AM

I think you might be refering to these guys. Don't know anything about them, but they hold the Chinese jets in very high regards compared to most other analysts I've read. That the JSF is controversial is no news, but personally I feel that it is way too early to judge (compare to e.g. the F-14).
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/18/13 10:56 AM

Hey I saw thst too. Defineteley Harpoon 2 footage.
Posted By: ripper998

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/18/13 01:23 PM

In the end it comes down to a coordinated force, not one jet, that wins an air war. With that said, the chinese are behind the curveball IMO
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/18/13 02:25 PM

I'm gonna laugh when it turns out that the F-35 is more capable than the F-22.
Posted By: semmern

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/19/13 09:31 PM

Being a friend of the Norwegian AFs chief test pilot, and having heard him talk about the F-35s capabilities after he's flown the sim, the low workload for the pilot, the superb sensors, etc, I'm pretty sure the skeptics will be proved wrong when it comes to performance. Now, the rising cost per unit is another matter entirely, and not fit for this discussion, which is purely performance-related smile
Posted By: Agathosdaimon

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/20/13 04:53 AM

i hope indeed that the F35 is at least a good match for sukhois - it seems everything ion the web and youtube is so negative towards it and that it can maneuver or go the distance in any scenario tested. I have heard that there is data that is still not known about it but though why its take so long is a concern.

perhaps this is so ploy to give other countries like China some sense of hubris which in a conflict might lead them into underestimating the f35. if such a thing ever were to happen and i hope it doesnt. This said also i wish we didnt live in a world where so much time in peace is spent just preparing for conventional wars between armed nation that look unlikely anywhere but for in the fantasies of Call of Duty games.
Posted By: Skater

Re: Harpoon 3 on ABC's Four Corners report program? - 02/20/13 03:55 PM

F-35 is a complete game changer. Bottom line. They will be writing completely new books on tactics and employment based on it's capabilities more than a decade after it is in full service. The DAS system alone is going to revolutionize the way we think about combat aircraft employment and the ways in which it can be used to best effect.

-Skater
© 2024 SimHQ Forums