homepage

white's next move

Posted By: citizen guod

white's next move - 02/23/12 06:43 AM

Posted By: TankHunter

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 07:11 AM

Perhaps 4C to 5B? You take out a pawn, if he moves the one at 5C down then you can take out the rook on the left with your bishop. If he moves the right most black pawn, then you are back to square one (with a mild edge in attrition).
Posted By: Navigator

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 07:11 AM

errr A-1 to B-1
Posted By: Ajay

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 08:44 AM

agree with TH..take the pawn at 5b , chances are he is knocking it off next move anyway
Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 10:15 AM

Letter, then number!

f1 to e1
Posted By: Mace71

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 01:19 PM

Prawn 6 to knights, king, echo, romeo 3?
Posted By: Stormtrooper

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33

Roger that....F/A-18s inbound... biggrin
Posted By: Urban Furball

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 02:17 PM

Quote:
Perhaps 4C to 5B? You take out a pawn, if he moves the one at 5C down then you can take out the rook on the left with your bishop. If he moves the right most black pawn, then you are back to square one (with a mild edge in attrition).

He wont!!

E3 to H6 to force move of F8
Black will not sacrifice queen. It may .. but a few major players will be lost.

This is move I would make .. Chess is a real battlefield and winning can only be determined by the weakness of the opponent.
Attack thrives on the opponent's defence ... and within itself, is sometimes the best form of defence.
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveSHQ

...and checkmate biggrin
Posted By: Mace71

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
Originally Posted By: DaveSHQ

...and checkmate biggrin

Yep, JDAM the board and you win! biggrin
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 07:02 PM

Make good on that Mule and 40 acres promise, I say. Your move, blacks.
Posted By: bones

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 09:18 PM

Just looking at it real quick, I envision:

1. Bh6 Rf6
2. Qe8(check) Rf8
3. BxR QxB
4. QxQ KxP

Continue from there.

In move 1 you threaten the rook and he counterattacks your bishop. Chances are he will move here because he doesn't want to lose the pawn at f5 that he is covering nor lose his rook.

In move 2 you take advantage of the spot opened up by the counterattacking rook and give his king a jab with check with your queen. He won't eat your bishop with the rook cuz he's in check, he will not likely go for a queen exchange as everybody loves to hold the queen. Chances are he will blosk the check with his rook by moving back.

In move 3, bishop kills the rook and is now attacking the black queen. The queen cannot take the bishop since he's covered by your queen. The black queen can bug out, but then all you need to do is use the bishop to take the pawn out at c5, thereby attacking his OTHER rook. It doesn't matter if the bishop can be taken by the queen or any other pieces at this point because in moving the bishop you also put the black king in check (and gain a pawn). At this point you have gained a rook, a pawn, check the king, and have his queen on the run. Let's say the black queen doesn't bug out and instead takes the pawn instead

Then in move 4, take his queen and the king is in check again. He can escape by killing your pawn next to him, but you can move into checking him again and find a kill angle from there. if this scenario unfolds, you are now up a rook AND a queen and he only took your bishop and a pawn AND he is on the run and there is potential for you to take more pieces or deploy your idle pieces (hello rook at A1!) to get a better kill angle. Either way you have the advantage in position and numbers.

v6,
boNes
Posted By: WalterNowi

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 09:45 PM

I would do the following:

Bh6 Rf6
Bg7+ Kxg7
Ph8=Q Checkmate

If black responds with its Queen in the first move:

Bh6 Qxh6
Qxh6
White would have a significant material advantage and could close the game out.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 10:39 PM

Cool looking checkerboard. exitstageleft

Re: white's next move - 02/23/12 11:12 PM

WalterNowi,

I like that idea too, so long as the king does take the bishop. If he sees the pawn promotion coming leading to checkmate, he can move his king to g8 and escape. Of course he will lose the rook to the bishop and he can take the bishop with his queen and the game can go on from there with a "minimal" loss. I think no matter the scenario, it really depends on how black will respond and that remains to be seen in the real world.

v6,
boNes

Re: white's next move - 02/24/12 12:15 AM

Hi bones,

I don't think the King can move to square g8, as that square was under check by the pawn in h7.

Re: white's next move - 02/24/12 01:47 AM

Right you are. In which case I approve.

v6,
boNes

PS maybe we should play sometime. You too Guod!

Re: white's next move - 02/24/12 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: bones
Right you are. In which case I approve.

v6,
boNes

PS maybe we should play sometime. You too Guod!

I am not much of a chess player. I don't know what to do to gain the upper hand after the standard openings. I do enjoy solving chess puzzles, have quite a few books smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums