homepage

Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve.

Posted By: CAG100

Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/08/19 01:01 AM

Ok I had this version back in the day and I could swear there was a cardboard sleeve that looked like a box that you would slide the binder into to keep it protected, but whenever I see one for sale online it never has the sleeve...

Has my memory failed me?

In my head it was just like this but had all the Falcon graphics on it just like the Binder...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DBond

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/08/19 01:41 PM

Can't say I recall it, which doesn't mean it didn't exist of course. I can picture just what you are asking. Is it possible it was a Falcon 3 thing?
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/08/19 05:11 PM

I just took a look at mine... No sleeve, just the Falcon binder.

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/09/19 06:10 AM

Thanks for the info guys... I am trying to remember whether it was a special version or an aftermarket sales item by Microprose but I know I had one...
Posted By: Slick

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/09/19 04:52 PM

I remember the day I purchased the original Falcon 4 on its release day. Bought it at Babbage's in Northwoods Mall located in North Charleston, South Carolina. There was no box. Just the binder in shrink wrap. In my opinion, no video game has ever come close to that kind of packaging in a release.

[Linked Image]

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/17/19 03:16 AM

Well Slick I had one... I think it was an after purchase item from Microprose... back in '98 or '99...
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/27/19 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Slick
I remember the day I purchased the original Falcon 4 on its release day. Bought it at Babbage's in Northwoods Mall located in North Charleston, South Carolina. There was no box. Just the binder in shrink wrap. In my opinion, no video game has ever come close to that kind of packaging in a release.

[Linked Image]

Absolutely not. I still have mine too (and no outer sleeve, just the binder).
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Original Falcon 4.0 Binder Version... Binder sleeve. - 03/30/19 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Slick

[Linked Image]

Bought mine at a Babbage's in Anderson SC. About $15.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums