homepage

BMS 4.32 NWS Question?

Posted By: Sauron

BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/24/11 11:35 PM

I'm probably experiencing cranial-rectal inversion, but how do you engage nose wheel steering after landing in BMS 4.32?

Is there a keystroke for it? I'm enjoying the sim tremendously, they did a great job, but it gets pretty exciting trying to stay on the runway after landing. The aircraft keeps veering left when I apply the brakes, and I can't find the NWS.

This is what happens when you get old. You turn into Aunt Bethany or Uncle Louis. "Is Rusty still in the Navy?"

Thanks!

Cheers!

Rick... pilot
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/24/11 11:57 PM

From the Lead Pursuit website:

Quote:
1. I can't steer on the ground! / How do I activate Nose Wheel Steering on the ground?
Press Shift + / to toggle NWS and then use left and right keys "," and "."(for rudder left/right) or joystick movement to steer.
This also applies when you're landing: as soon as you got "weight on the wheels", i.e. when the nose wheel of the aircraft comes down to the ground, you need to turn on nose wheel steering by pressing right Shift + key directly to the left of it (on US/UK keyboards it's "/" key).

Since the dawn of Falcon... first question asked...

Congrats Rick... you are no longer a Falcon noob...

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/25/11 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Bib4Tuna
Congrats Rick... you are no longer a Falcon noob...

ROFLMAO! Thanks B4T! Now that I know how to activate the NWS, I feel like an old veteran!

Cheers!

Rick... thumbsup
Posted By: JCav

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/25/11 12:24 AM

Do not activate NWS until you've reached taxi speeds unless you REQUIRE it to avoid leaving the runway.

Even at that, you should be able to use differential braking to keep yourself on the runway without NWS.

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/25/11 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: JCav
Do not activate NWS until you've reached taxi speeds unless you REQUIRE it to avoid leaving the runway.

Even at that, you should be able to use differential braking to keep yourself on the runway without NWS.

Thanks for the tip JCav! I actually learned not to do that in another sim, DCS: A-10C. If you flip that NWS on after touchdown while you're going too fast, you get the thrill ride, LOL!

Cheers!

Rick... thumbsup
Posted By: Cali

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/25/11 12:38 AM

Aerobrake that sucker, that should help slow down your speed.
Posted By: George1

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/25/11 12:57 AM

I agree --do not turn on NWS until you have slowed down to taxi speed.

You can still correct your path after touchdown using the rudders. Be sure to set the rudder saturation value to none and even at lower speeds the rudder sensitivity will still allow it to be useful to some extent ---enough to straighten out.
Posted By: Rivvern

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/25/11 07:48 AM

If you got Hotas i recommend you map the multifunctional button with NWS. I cant recall its name in the setup. But its there among the Hotas keymap in with the BMS.key keymap.
Posted By: Justin Case

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/26/11 10:48 AM

Activating NWS at a high speed is a great way to bring your canopy closer to the ground!
Posted By: Rusty_M

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/26/11 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Sauron
I'm probably experiencing cranial-rectal inversion, but how do you engage nose wheel steering after landing in BMS 4.32?

Is there a keystroke for it? I'm enjoying the sim tremendously, they did a great job, but it gets pretty exciting trying to stay on the runway after landing. The aircraft keeps veering left when I apply the brakes, and I can't find the NWS.

This is what happens when you get old. You turn into Aunt Bethany or Uncle Louis. "Is Rusty still in the Navy?"

Thanks!

Cheers!

Rick... pilot

No, I'm not in any branch of the military :p
Posted By: 531 Ghost

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 10/27/11 07:11 PM

wink
Posted By: Longbow fanatic

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 11/05/11 08:14 PM

Im trying to program my stick with the in game key mapping but they don't show a keyboard map for NWS so I can't program it to the button I want...any ideas??
Posted By: NoCarrier

Re: BMS 4.32 NWS Question? - 11/05/11 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Longbow fanatic
Im trying to program my stick with the in game key mapping but they don't show a keyboard map for NWS so I can't program it to the button I want...any ideas??

NWS is engaged through the Missile Step button, just like in the real jet.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums