homepage

Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed

Posted By: Joao Muas

Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 01/21/10 06:44 PM

Hi good people.

I'm a Hotas Cougar user since its first release, and I desperatly need an original X-gimbal spare, as mine is broken.

It's the second time it happens actualy, a few years ago I broke it first time and some fellow from Canada sent me his, as he modified his stick.

Now I broke it second time... I'm sure some of you have modded gimbals, and can do without the original.

If so, I'd appreciate if someone can help on this, as it seems Thrustmaster isn't supporting the Cougar anymore.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: NamelessPFG

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 01/21/10 07:40 PM

I've got a spare set of whole stock gimbals supplied with my Cougar, which was already FCC-modded to begin with. Since I'm not using them, you might as well take them, if you can cover the shipping.

Word of warning, though-the pots are shot, and there's some X-axis play due to some sliding play along the shafts.
Posted By: Brandano

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 01/23/10 09:13 PM

Ouch! I still have the original gimbals on my cougar, that sort of damage seems absurd! However, I can think of a couple of ways this could be fixed. Don't throw away the part even if you get a replacement, you could file away the two "rails" to the end plates and bolt in a replacement piece made in aluminium. Or just file the two small lips on the far side of the picure flat, screw in an aluminium plate and filing the slot flush with the original piece.
Posted By: Bighead_cz

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 02/06/10 12:57 AM

I have 2 sets if u still need them.

email me

mario
Posted By: Squiffy

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 02/08/10 08:10 PM

That's exactly what happened to mine. Now I know I removed too much of the grease the last time I opened it. That, and years of constant extended use, lead to fatigue and x axis play. Then it just cracked. Upgrading seemed the only logical step. I was able to purchase a brand new X52 stick and throttle for half the cost of upgrading and got a lighter tension setup to boot plus a couple extra programmable buttons and a mouse wheel on the throttle. You can increase the tension on the stick by inserting shims (non Toyota variety) under the coil spring. Works pretty well for me especially after I had thumb surgery to remove a dogfight switch wound scar. I'm all about Strike Fighters now but may be in the market for a new system and sims once the economy starts to pick up.
Posted By: keel

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 02/14/10 07:10 PM

Oh man, totally unusable...
Posted By: Chappy

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 09/14/11 05:44 PM

I now have the exact same problem as the OP. Does anyone know where to get any stock gimbals and some springs with less tension on them?
I love the stick but wow the springs break the pot metal
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 09/16/11 03:07 PM

TM may still sell spare parts?

Find the bits you want: http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/warranty_parts.php (Gimbals not on this list, but just ask in the support e-mail) They sent me both.

Register yourself here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=creg_1

And send a parts request from the Thrustmaster website.

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 09/17/11 05:39 AM

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to receive parts from Guillemot/Thrustmaster support?

It's been over a week. If they don't arrive by next Tuesday, they'll have passed the 10 business days mark and I'll be contacting them yet again.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 09/19/11 01:11 AM

Nice "consola" in OP forum:

smile

Sokol1
Posted By: Bluedeath

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 09/19/11 11:28 AM

it took me a couple of weeks (Canada to Italy) from the shipping notification to receive the ant pot.

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 09/24/11 12:54 AM

Just got the parts I was waiting on today.

It took over two weeks for it to happen, but they arrived.

(Not going to install them now; it's been a long day and I just got home. Also, a heads-up for anyone who needs a replacement microstick or pot; the ones they send don't include PCBs or wiring harnesses, so I hope you're competent at (de)soldering.)
Posted By: Humberto

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 10/16/15 08:48 PM

Hi
I'm new here.
I picked up my hotas cougar to install averything again but the gimbal axis broke on me.
Where can i get a spare?
Did some flying years back with falcon4
Posted By: Humberto

Re: Help - Hotas Cougar original X gimbal spare needed - 10/18/15 11:50 AM

Here is a pic
© 2024 SimHQ Forums