homepage

Don't buy Rift second-hand

Posted By: Panther

Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/15/14 11:08 PM

Quote:
Oculus VR is dropping the hammer on Oculus Rift resellers by tracking them down through their eBay listings and canceling their preorders for the DK2 version of the headset.

Link
Posted By: SHar82

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/16/14 12:13 AM

Good! At last, someone do the right thing against these profiteers.
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/16/14 12:14 AM

Amen, Cuz the eBay one's are overpriced and the DK1's.

They aren't for Consumer Use, and people seem to mis-understand that part.

The AVG Joe will be severely turned off by the DKs.

Me however, I had a field day with my DK1, but in the end, I wasnt doing much with it, so I shipped it to a buddy to program plugins for FSX, etc.

I'll get a consumer version or 2 likely.
Posted By: bud01

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/21/14 09:39 PM

Dk1 with war thunder is the best most enjoyable gaming experience of my life, nothing even comes close, like its not even in the same ball park.

the res is not high enough for war thunder / racing, but it gives a good idea about it and is one of those special moments in my gaming life I will never forget.

If you have not tried on a Dk1 and played blue marble for example, you are missing out one some thing really amazing, 100% people don't know what's coming with rift, its sick, I cant wait to try war thunder in a higher res Dk unit or CV.

credit were it is due,
Posted By: Archangel

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/26/14 03:23 PM

I've got a DK2 on order. After I heard of some game support I couldn't hold back. I got an email confirming payment info so I'm hoping it will ship soon! smile
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/26/14 08:57 PM

ebay has users putting them up for $1500, bahahahaha
Posted By: Duchess

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/30/14 02:35 PM

Got my DK2 yesterday smile

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/30/14 08:19 PM

you son of a #*%@

How does it look/work?
Posted By: Duchess

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 07/31/14 01:53 AM

I had to reinstall the OS on my machine, so I'm just getting that sorted. When did you order yours?

I got a ship notice from Oculus only once it was cleared customs and the ETA was next day. I was expecting an agonizing wait once I got the ship notice, but it was super quick.

Re: Don't buy Rift second-hand - 08/08/14 08:13 PM

Sorry, just noticed your reply. I ordered mine pretty late, early April. Still no updates on mine other than confirming my CC info a couple weeks back. frown
© 2024 SimHQ Forums