homepage

AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.5b Hotfix -- Witcher 2 and Others

Posted By: Allen

AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.5b Hotfix -- Witcher 2 and Others - 05/26/11 10:12 AM

AMD/ATI has released the Catalyst 11.5b hotfix. Presumably fixes Crossfire in The Witcher 2 and others.

For anyone with Witcher 2, there will be a Witcher 2 patch within 24 hours, presumably -- that will also fix framerates and DRM issues. I have The Witcher 2 running and am not far into it. So far, it seems to be very good. Another Witcher 2 patch is due next week -- as Witcher 2 players probably know already.

AMD Catalyst 11.5b Hotfix

A new CAP set (CAP2) is due out Friday from AMD. It too will optimize for Witcher 2.
Posted By: Allen

Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.5b Hotfix -- Witcher 2 and Others - 05/31/11 11:45 AM

CAP3 is out?? I downloaded what was described as CAP2. However, the file name says CAP3.

An, 11.5c hotfix is rumored for this week. Don't know what it fixes.

My system is running Witcher 2 with all in-game settings on ultimate (or whatever the highest setting is called for that item). Personally, I'm impressed by the graphics and English voice acting. Never seen so much obvious post processing -- motion blur, depth of field blur are really obvious. Its a difficult game on "normal" until one figures out the "combats". Some Bosses are nearly invulnerable -- so one has to "think outside the box". Anyhow, I've been killed more times to win one encounter than I am in most entire games -- and there are two difficulty levels above the one I am playing smile

P.S. Witcher 2 runs in Eyefinity. However, the game itself limits the scene to the center monitor plus a small bit to the right and left on the outside monitors. So, Eyefinity adds almost nothing to the game (because of the way the game is programmed -- there are others like this in my "library"). I'm finding 1920x1200 in "windowed mode" seems to be right for actual play. FWIW for someone considering The Witcher 2. I have not tried fixing a cfg file yet -- too busy enjoying the game.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums