homepage

My USB joystick is the issue!

Posted By: Flyboy

My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/05/11 02:34 PM

After dabbling a bit in LB2 the other day to take some screenshots (I used FRAPS, by the way) I noticed that I wasn't getting the after mission/cancel mission crash to desktop. And guess what, I didn't have my USB joystick plugged in.

I'm using the nGlide 0.96 glide wrapper, so any issues that I thought were related to dgVoodoo are gone. As I've said before, I have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. I wonder what it is about USB joysticks that makes LB2 crash like that?
Posted By: Recluse

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/05/11 08:56 PM

Works fine with my Cougar which is USB....

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/06/11 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Recluse
Works fine with my Cougar which is USB....

Ahem, you're using WinXP SP3.
Posted By: Recluse

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/06/11 03:17 PM

Good point... I forgot you are using a modern operating system. NEVER a good idea for Gamers mycomputer

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/06/11 04:29 PM

Yeah, perhaps I should have said that my issue seems to be my USB joystick, in LB2, on Windows 7. It worked fine when I had WinXP (as far as I can remember).
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/11/11 01:29 AM

I remember AppCompat Toolkit had a shim for joystick emulation -- apparently some programs written for 95/98 have issues if they don't find one. It never made a difference for me, but maybe your crash involved some weirdness related to LB2 trying to interface with a non-game port stick, I dunno. Kudos on getting it fired up again smile
Posted By: jwardell

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/11/11 02:53 AM

so is it back to a prehistoric ( non USB ) joystick for you?

Re: My USB joystick is the issue! - 10/11/11 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Phoenix
Kudos on getting it fired up again smile

No, sir, not at all. YOU are the reason that I can even run LB2, stable. It's still not without issues though so I only really use it for screenshots and test purposes now. frown

Originally Posted By: jwardell
so is it back to a prehistoric ( non USB ) joystick for you?

No, I just won't play the sim for any real purpose anymore. frown
© 2024 SimHQ Forums