homepage

Atlantic Canada Air Show, 08/27

Posted By: tomcat

Atlantic Canada Air Show, 08/27 - 08/29/11 11:44 PM

Hey guys,

Here's a few of the 500 or so pics I took last weekend at the air show in PEI. The static display was very very light on US aircraft (one Niagara ANG C-130) but the rest was so good I really didn't mind. And this is coming from a guy who prefers the ground display over the air portion of the show most times. The location, weather, pacing of the show, parking, washrooms, etc etc were all great in my opinion. Plus I got to put the new camera through its paces finally!:

USAF C-130 tail, the Falls (and the Canadian Falls at that biggrin was a neat touch):

Show bird. I actually got close enough to shoot this, the planes for the display were all placed right in front of the crowd, a few dozen feet away! Awesome paint scheme. I also uploaded the wrong shot to Image Shack, it's missing part of the Sidewinder rail:

Aerobatic display:

Harvard in the vertical:

This guy had a ride in the back of this CF-18. Apparently there's video on the net of the ride but I haven't found it:

Canadian C-130:

F-86 with the 'A/C' on:

Hornet turn:

Lucky sucker came back for a pass before the landing:

Skyhawks:

Cormorant with some manual setting rotor blur:

And again with the Herc in the bacground during the SAR display:

It was all vapes, all the time! Even the Heritage Flight had it streaming from the wingtips of the CF-18 that was tooling along beside the P-51. Passes like this had lots of vapour:

Knife edge pass:

In burner after the dirty pass with gear, hook and IFR probe extended:

Smokin!:

I think this is my favourite shot. The full sized one is crazy. There's vapour everywhere! The lightning fast focus of the cam was the only reason I captured this one, it was a surprise pass from behind the crowd.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Atlantic Canada Air Show, 08/27 - 08/30/11 07:21 AM

Cool pictures. Have to say the picture with the F-86 in Canadian markings is my favorite. smile

Wheels
Posted By: Top Gun

Re: Atlantic Canada Air Show, 08/27 - 09/03/11 02:16 PM

love the CF-18 paint job, I've only seen them a few times over the years down here in the US. Would love to catch them again.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums