homepage

Sailing sim

Posted By: apelles

Sailing sim - 07/18/14 03:30 PM

Anyone know a good, somewhat realistic sailing sim, where i learn something about real life sailing? (not Ship simulator Extreme).
Vitrual skipper 5 worth a look?
Posted By: sonarman

Re: Sailing sim - 07/25/14 09:25 PM

Probably www.SailSimulator.comis the best in terms of simulating a real boat Stentec who develop this are a small company but experts in simulating wing and wave motion. The Virtual Skipper series is also pretty good if you want racing and great graphics however they use/used the horrible Starforce protection system which a lot of gamers hate.
Posted By: jenrick

Re: Sailing sim - 07/26/14 01:02 AM

VS5 is a hoot, you can play for free for an unlimited amount of time on line, you just have to wait through continually longer (I think they cap at 5 mins) nag screens to by the game. You can do whatever you like while it counts down, it doesn't lock down your desktop or the like. Very enjoyable game if racing boats are of interest t you, with good graphics and physics.

-Jenrick
Posted By: apelles

Re: Sailing sim - 07/26/14 05:10 PM

Thanks for the answers!
Actually i'm more interested in long range travel, and sea navigation with ships, but i think it's a niche of in the niche and nobody does it...
Posted By: jenrick

Re: Sailing sim - 07/27/14 01:46 AM

There is also ship simulator, I'm not sure how big the available travel area is there. There is another out there, there is specifically about long range sea travel, but I don't recall what it was called exactly. I'll do some poking around and see if I can find it for you. Best of luck.

-Jenrick
Posted By: Destraex

Re: Sailing sim - 09/09/14 04:56 AM

Are you going to try Naval Action?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums