homepage

PT Boats Gold

Posted By: kramer

PT Boats Gold - 01/12/12 07:48 PM

goodnight
Posted By: Chucky

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/12/12 11:26 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Kramer.
I would never have paid full price for this but the gold version for £3.39? That's a steal for me.
Posted By: Recluse

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/13/12 01:05 AM

OOPS I bought something again....Damn you STEAM!!!! banghead
Posted By: Eugene

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/13/12 03:01 AM

Arghhh! Never should have opened this thread - now I bought it too. $5 - hardly fair. Smile2
Posted By: JAMF

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/13/12 01:55 PM

What's the status on their DRM? Removed?
Posted By: Wedge

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/13/12 03:12 PM

Steam is kickin' my arse with all these sales. Over the holidays I bought the following:

Dirt 3
Hearts of Iron 3 Collectors Ed.
Memoir '44 (free)

I had my finger on the trigger ready to pull on the following but held off: Shogun 2, Magic collection, GRID

I dont have time to play all this stuff, but I keep making these purchases!
Posted By: Recluse

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/13/12 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JAMF
What's the status on their DRM? Removed?

I am assuming it uses the standard STEAM DRM instead of whatever the original used, but I don't really know. Haven't even installed my copies yet...along with most of the other stuff I was coerced into buying over the holiday break by crazy good sales.
Posted By: NickMow

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/16/12 05:20 PM

Got this after reading here about the bargain download on Steam, Have to admit, while it has the quality appearance of Russian sim software, the game play and depth is rather poor and dissapointingly arcade like (even with the settings ramped up). Near miss for me, dont think I will spend much time with it. Shame, if they took the fetters off, and had more space on the field of play and a more indepth torpedoe targetting system, I think this would be pretty darn good. 6 out of 10 from me
Posted By: Nimits

Re: PT Boats Gold - $5.09 on Steam for 1 day - 01/20/12 03:17 AM

Russians just don't know how to make a fun sim "game," at least from a western standpoint. Most be some sort of cultural thing.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums