homepage

Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun

Posted By: _michal

Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/26/11 05:03 PM

linky: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/26/the-flare-path-aerodromes-charabancs/
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/26/11 10:44 PM

Well as much as I anticipate this project, I guess that someone will eat trees in Christmas wink
Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/27/11 12:23 AM

Damn, I thought the writer was serious about an interwar flight sim coming out. pitchafit

I'm not sure that the updates I read about JT are helpful- Dante always sounds really upbeat, but then casually drops in that they're looking a major new bugs.
For me, think JT joins Black Mesa on the 'hope, but don't believe' pile.
Posted By: Lieuwe

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/29/11 06:21 AM

I'd rather they take a while longer and get things right then that we get a buggy unfinished release as we have seen from other publishers in the recent past. For AeroSoft this is their first complete simulation they will be releasing so I bet they are committed to making a good showing of it to cement their reputation in this field. From reading through the AeroSoft JT Forum last week I really get the feel Matthijs from AeroSoft is on this project in a big way and AeroSoft is willing to invest in its future.

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/29/11 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Lieuwe
I'd rather they take a while longer and get things right then that we get a buggy unfinished release as we have seen from other publishers in the recent past. For AeroSoft this is their first complete simulation they will be releasing so I bet they are committed to making a good showing of it to cement their reputation in this field. From reading through the AeroSoft JT Forum last week I really get the feel Matthijs from AeroSoft is on this project in a big way and AeroSoft is willing to invest in its future.

Of course it's better to "take a while longer and get things right then that we get a buggy unfinished release", that's been said several times here in these forums and I also agree with it but it's also a fact that delaying too much isn't also good for anyone, specially to the devs and publishers.

In where I think that the publishers are making a mistake (regarding the interview) is in saying that Jet Thunder will be released by christmas, that's a deadline that the devs are publisher may not be able to comply and honestly I have my doubts that they will (that JT will be released by Christmas).
Posted By: Lieuwe

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/30/11 01:14 PM

Before they had a publisher it might have been scarier of they missed a deadline or when there was a long period between updates because that might signal the death of the project, now with AeroSoft onboard I think the risk of it never being finished is gone. AeroSoft apparently has deep pockets judging from Matthijs's comments on their own forum so delaying isn't a problem for them as a publisher, for the devs it just means more time to iron out bugs. Christmass is three months from now, originally they were aiming at a release date a few weeks back which was missed due to some bugs popping up. It might be realistic, we don't know. I can understand them wanting to have it on shelves by christmass due to holiday spending.

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 08/30/11 03:46 PM

I also don't think that Jet Thunder is at any risk or something like that. But I do think that a Christmas release is a bit over optimistic but of course I really hope to be wrong on this one...
Posted By: HarryR

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 09/01/11 08:50 PM

Hoping for a 'state of the nation' soon, I wonder if the JT team have been able to update the place holders that were used in some of the earlier videos,like the Sea Harrier one? Must be in closed Beta if they plan a December release? Good luck JT/Aerosoft team smile
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Short interview ar Rock Paper Shotgun - 09/03/11 11:07 PM

IDK, the recent CloD debacle has me nervous on this one. The longer it takes to make a game, the older it is when it launches. The CloD engine for example isn't taking real advantage of multi-core hardware, and it suffers.

The models are looking good, but that's the easy part. Bringing them to life in an accurate, stable, and optimized environment is another story.

I'm hoping this title will leave my fears and concerns unjustified.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums