homepage

air to air combat

Posted By: Doogerie

air to air combat - 02/19/11 10:34 AM

I just saw a advert in Pc Pilot for this from what i can understand there will be no Air to air in this version what's with thatIi like air to ground obut without air to air capabilatys Combat fligt sim seem to defete the point for me please tell me that there are a few fighters to bring down in this game?
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: air to air combat - 02/20/11 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Doogerie
I just saw a advert in Pc Pilot for this from what i can understand there will be no Air to air in this version what's with thatIi like air to ground obut without air to air capabilatys Combat fligt sim seem to defete the point for me please tell me that there are a few fighters to bring down in this game?

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...st&p=275285

Read!
Itīs a three staged release the first stage is mudmoving only, air-to-air comes in the 2nd stage of the release!
Posted By: jenrick

Re: air to air combat - 02/20/11 06:33 PM

It was my understanding that there will be no A2A tasking in the first release. You can still go chopper hunting, chase down enemy aircraft (Purca's for instance) that are inbound, etc. You actual missions will be A2G/CAS however.

-
Posted By: HarryR

Re: air to air combat - 02/20/11 10:41 PM

The A2G should be good fun, the avionics of the time weren't as high tech as todays, so bombing/rocketing should require a degree of skill/luck wink A2A should be similar, but at least the Sea Harrier has a radar, although with the sidewinder missile you'll still be pretty limited. Should make for some great visual fights.
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: air to air combat - 02/21/11 08:38 PM

Didn't the GR3s take over the occasional CAP or intercept when the SHARs were busy? Certainly we will have the Gun and Winders to play with.

I really like the technology level we get in this conflict, enough to be dangerous, but still mano-a-mano and little switchology.
Posted By: Dante-JT

Re: air to air combat - 02/21/11 08:48 PM

Yes we have Gun and Winders to play with. One mission was actually tasked air-to-air, it's on RAF site. But they didn't engaged bogeys at all. But, what if you're going after your targets in your GR.3 and end getting in the way of an argentinean flight? wink

Re: air to air combat - 02/23/11 12:06 AM

Will the AI Argentinean drivers have daggers, A-4s and MB339s in the first release or just Pucara? Also, I think the Pucara might be a slippery foe at low level and slow speed, bit like fighting an SE-5 in a F-16?
Posted By: Bumfluff

Re: air to air combat - 02/23/11 03:49 AM

any chance of another video dante? keen to see how it all looks now.
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: air to air combat - 02/27/11 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: nick10
any chance of another video dante? keen to see how it all looks now.

Wonīt hold my breath for that!
Imho the devs became a victim of their own requirements. They promised a high accurate air combat sim of the Falkland War and my guess is that the team is just to small to accomplish this task.
The fact that there are no newish (last one i found dated from last August) vids or at last some in-game screenshots makes me highly souspicious if this sim could become vapoware even with a, but imho incopmetent, new publisher.

Re: air to air combat - 02/27/11 11:06 PM

It is a bit quiet on the dev front, but I think that's due to the admittedly small team being very busy adding features, rather than the project folding. I hope we will see something as soon as the Pucara is added and behaving.
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: air to air combat - 02/28/11 11:04 PM

If anything the project is now more a reality than it was this time last year. Keep up the good work JT team and take your time on a stable release, no need to rush anything.
Posted By: Bumfluff

Re: air to air combat - 03/01/11 02:36 AM

i am still confident the game will come out and plan to support it when it does.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums