homepage

New Release Date Update

Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

New Release Date Update - 12/10/10 10:33 PM

See over here at the Aerosoft forums for the new release dates and also a change in the first release content.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=41424&st=0&gopid=275349&#entry275349
Posted By: jenrick

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 09:57 AM

Excellent, can't wait to get my paws on it. Wish they'd done the Mirage in the first release, but such is life. Regardless I'll be getting it tomcat

-Jenrick
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 07:30 PM

I was beginning to wonder about this title.

I can understand the push back, I just wish publishers would be more realistic with their release dates. Did anyone really think we'd be playing this before 2011?

Also, the prices on the site are posted as: €22.63 (€27.95), I'm assuming that's a typo, and the parentheses are supposed to be US $?
Posted By: lbuchele

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 08:16 PM

Yes,please could you clarify the price in dollar?
Posted By: Pooch

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 08:51 PM

Well, I have to admit to being just a little bit disappointed. For some reason I thought we would have the full sim very soon. One question, though. The initial release is called, "Ground Attack." No A to A at all? We will not have Argentinian jets in the sim, even as AI?
Was thinking that it was going to be something along the lines of Rise Of Flight. They'd be there, but you could only fly against them. Next release you get the fly one or two. Final release, all airplanes are available.
Was all my own wishful thinking, I guess. Still, it does put a damper on my enthusiasm a bit.

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Pooch
Well, I have to admit to being just a little bit disappointed. For some reason I thought we would have the full sim very soon. One question, though. The initial release is called, "Ground Attack." No A to A at all? We will not have Argentinian jets in the sim, even as AI?
Was thinking that it was going to be something along the lines of Rise Of Flight. They'd be there, but you could only fly against them. Next release you get the fly one or two. Final release, all airplanes are available.
Was all my own wishful thinking, I guess. Still, it does put a damper on my enthusiasm a bit.

Hi Pooch - the release was always (since the Aerosoft announcement) going to be a stages released. The change with this latest announcement is that it's going to be the Jan 2011 instead of Dec 2010 and that the Pucura is now included (it was only going to be the Gr.3)

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 09:51 PM

Oh yeah. I understood about releasing it in stages. Just thought we'd have it all way before next September. And wasn't expecting to be able to do nothing but drop bombs 'til June. I thought that, even with the first release, , we'd be doing some air to air fighting with that beautiful Harrier. Just going to have to be patient, that's all.
Posted By: BULL

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/11/10 11:14 PM

I get an error when I try to click onto the link.

BULL
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/12/10 12:24 AM

Um, wasn't the harrier used as an A2A plane? I thought that was part of the challenge for the Royal Navy pilots, was they were shoe-horned into a role their plane wasn't built for.

And I doubt we'll see a total release by sept. If we're lucky, there will be only one more push back of the initial release. Chances are that the release will highlight a number of bugs across various system configurations, and the dev team will probably spend a quarter to a half year patching the game up to spec. After that, development will resume work on the expansions. My guess is that by this time next year, we'll be about half way to the final release of this product.

The publishers might very well know/expect this to be the timeline, but if they told everyone the real deal, people would mentally "check out" of interest in the game until it hits shelves(this is my personal attitude toward storm of war, I've grown a little weary of week after week of nothing but tease). The alternative is they are foolishly optimistic, which is a bad way to run a business...

None of these are complaints by the way, just my own managed expectations.
Posted By: Dante-JT

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/12/10 12:25 AM

Quote:
And wasn't expecting to be able to do nothing but drop bombs 'til June. I thought that, even with the first release, , we'd be doing some air to air fighting with that beautiful Harrier. Just going to have to be patient, that's all.

Don't worry, Pooch, you'll have dome dogfights against Daggers, Skyhawks and Pucaras even flying the ground attack Harrier. It's been discussed here before, and it was agreed to not go 100% historical (just 90% ;)) which means that you're going happy in your strike package to drop some CBUs in argentinean arty positions, but sudden you see a pair of delta-winged shapes. What you do? You jettison your CBUs and.. you're in a Harrier, don't try to run away from a Mirage or Dagger! ...and you must prepare to dogfight with 30mm Adens. It could be another strike package of Daggers which will do exactly the same (jettison the bombs and get into defensive BFM), or... it may be Mirage IIIs with air-to-air ordnance being vectored to intercept your flight!

We even discussed how the AIM-9 Sidewinder should work in the Gr.3 - in IvanK's words: "RAF GR3's had absolutely no Software mods from a display point of view to employ the AIM9. All that was done was to fit a launcher rail. Provide a cooling switch for he pilot to turn on seeker cooling, and make provision for Aim9 tone to be heard in the pilots headphones. No additional HUD symbology was provided. A pickle button would fire the selected AIM9. In the case of the GR3 the AIM9's were only usable in Boresight mode."

So, in the loadout screen, you can simply arm your Gr.3 with Sidewinders and go Helicopter or Pucara hunting instead of obeying mission orders. wink Or you can *create* such missions (even against Daggers and Skyhawks) using the standalone mission editor which will be provided as well.

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/12/10 03:46 AM

Ah, well. That's promising. Don't mind air to ground missions, but ya' just gotta shoot something down , every now and then.
Posted By: Antoninus

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/12/10 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By: aggressorblue

Also, the prices on the site are posted as: €22.63 (€27.95), I'm assuming that's a typo, and the parentheses are supposed to be US $?

Usually, such prices given by Aerosoft are without and with VAT.
Posted By: FlandersRevenge

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/13/10 03:33 AM

So, as it stands, people who buy in increments pay a total of $70 dollars US?

Please tell me that's a mistake.

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/13/10 04:12 AM

No, not a mistake - I see it as supporting the development of the Sim and happily do so knowing I am helping it get there.

The simple answer is if you want to pay less and get the whole thing hang out and wait for it to be completed. I am under no illusions on what I am buying - I'm buying the development of the end result and for me it's fine but completely understand other people feeling different about it.

$70 - for a sim isn't high in my books.
Posted By: BULL

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/13/10 07:38 AM

Are there any new screenies of the aircraft cockpits and terrain?

I'm looking forward to this one.

BULL
Posted By: KRT_Bong

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/13/10 12:45 PM

Is this sim a standalone title or is it a modification of Strike Fighters or something..?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/13/10 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
Is this sim a standalone title or is it a modification of Strike Fighters or something..?

Standalone.
Posted By: Chaz

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/13/10 09:35 PM

Bittersweet news. No multiplayer until final/boxed release. But at least we'll have something next month that will be a proper Harrier sim.
Posted By: Avimimus

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/14/10 04:23 PM

Hello, I haven't followed JT as closely as perhaps I should. So I have questions:

Are there any plans for modeling of rocket dispersion and multiple types of warheads?
Also, how complex are ground targets? Are there any plans for infantry (even static)?
Or complex ground positions (eg. dug in around a building)?

If there is no rocket dispersion, the ground targets are a few buildings or vehicles (which don't react to being attacked like in DCS) - then I could obviously go back to the ThirdWire series or Jane's Fighter's Anthology for that matter. wink Right?

All I really care about is mud moving and COIN you see...
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/14/10 10:58 PM

REALLY looking forward to this one!
Posted By: Josh Echo

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/15/10 03:47 AM

Will there be a playable demo?
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/16/10 11:47 AM

Could someone drop this suggestion to Aerosoft (Dante, maybe youself):

I have no problem with the time line and staged release, I can live with the price also.

But it would be nice, after having bought the two first digital packages, to get a boxed version for cheaper. Digital download for me is okay as an interim solution, but for long term storage of a sim I might be playing many years, a box (and pressed DVD) is the best option.

With the current model, this is simple a very lacking option. I'm sure Aerosoft could figure a way out to give a discount on boxed product to those with valid keys for the previous two stages?

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/17/10 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Avimimus
Hello, I haven't followed JT as closely as perhaps I should. So I have questions:

Are there any plans for modeling of rocket dispersion and multiple types of warheads?
Also, how complex are ground targets? Are there any plans for infantry (even static)?

If there is no rocket dispersion, the ground targets are a few buildings or vehicles (which don't react to being attacked like in DCS) - then I could obviously go back to the ThirdWire series or Jane's Fighter's Anthology for that matter. wink Right?

Avimimus, infantry (not static) is already implemented in the Betas. Although now they just move to pre-defined waypoints, no duck for cover or other stuff you expect from infantry units, but this gonna change in release or at least in an update after. They will surely shot at you! Small arms fire all the time wink So, no worries about missions against stuff that don't react to being attacked. Yes, they're already animated (walk cycles).

About rocket dispersion, I believe our lead programmer will add this feature, since we had also dispersion in the airplane's guns - it should be a similar implementation. About multiple types of warheads, we have to research to see what the standard RN rocket pod used in 1982 was up to. We're just getting a real Pucara pilot onboard as advisor on Pucara side of things so we might ask this for him about the rocket pods used by the Pucara and available warheads.

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/17/10 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Could someone drop this suggestion to Aerosoft (Dante, maybe youself):

I have no problem with the time line and staged release, I can live with the price also.

But it would be nice, after having bought the two first digital packages, to get a boxed version for cheaper. Digital download for me is okay as an interim solution, but for long term storage of a sim I might be playing many years, a box (and pressed DVD) is the best option.

With the current model, this is simple a very lacking option. I'm sure Aerosoft could figure a way out to give a discount on boxed product to those with valid keys for the previous two stages?

RSColonel_131st,

You may drop this suggestion on the Aerosoft JT forum. All customers suggestions are welcome and Aerosoft is very open with the customers, as you can see in this post.

Josh Echo: not sure, this is up to the publisher to decide if it's worth.
Posted By: flyboy77

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/18/10 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: FlandersRevenge
So, as it stands, people who buy in increments pay a total of $70 dollars US?

Please tell me that's a mistake.

If you think about it, its no different than the DCS,FSX,FPS game. Think of it as expansion packs.
Posted By: Avimimus

Re: New Release Date Update - 12/18/10 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Dante-JT
Originally Posted By: Avimimus

Avimimus, infantry (not static) is already implemented in the Betas. Although now they just move to pre-defined waypoints, no duck for cover or other stuff you expect from infantry units, but this gonna change in release or at least in an update after. They will surely shot at you! Small arms fire all the time wink So, no worries about missions against stuff that don't react to being attacked. Yes, they're already animated (walk cycles).

About rocket dispersion, I believe our lead programmer will add this feature, since we had also dispersion in the airplane's guns - it should be a similar implementation. About multiple types of warheads, we have to research to see what the standard RN rocket pod used in 1982 was up to. We're just getting a real Pucara pilot onboard as advisor on Pucara side of things so we might ask this for him about the rocket pods used by the Pucara and available warheads.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply! Consider me a nearly definite buyer of the boxed version (similar opinion to RSColonel_131st).

If you guys can capture 70% of the feel of a Rook's ground attack in Lockon FC I'll be happy as an unfried duck!
Posted By: piper

Re: New Release Date Update - 02/02/11 03:14 PM

Any release date updates, Dante?
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: New Release Date Update - 02/03/11 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: piper

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=42817

The last statement at the aerosoft website was that they messed up and will not give another release date (wich was dumb thing to do in the first place; imho they donīt have a clue when it comes out) but it should be a matter of weeks not months (as we hadenīt heard this before).
I will not hold my breath and bought the SF2 series and FC2 instead.

+ DCS A-10
Posted By: PishPosh

Re: New Release Date Update - 02/03/11 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BadKarma1001

The last statement at the aerosoft website was that thay messed up and will not give another release date (wich was dumb thing to do in the first place; imho they donīt have a clue when it comes out) but it should be a matter of weeks not months (as we hadenīt heard this before).

or to sum that post up as usual:

twoweeks
Posted By: Chaz

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/02/11 04:48 AM

Any development updates? Pics? Anything? reading
Posted By: petherf

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/04/11 04:40 PM

It is silence as in a grave
Posted By: _michal

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/04/11 05:26 PM

wink

Seriously it would be nice to see some news...
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/04/11 11:34 PM

Its a very small development team who are probably working hard on finishing the product. It would be nice for Aerosoft to give an update on progress though, even their forums are devoid of any recent updates to the project. Just a "still on target" or "working hard on finishing it" would be nice, its tough to live in an instant gratification world and then not get the gratification!
Posted By: Bumfluff

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/07/11 11:08 PM

Hello! (Echo!)
Posted By: RSColonel_131st

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/08/11 01:35 PM

It's not a glorious example on communication management by Aerosoft.
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/09/11 09:04 AM

The last statement at the aerosoft website was that they messed up and will not give another release date (wich was dumb thing to do in the first place; imho they donīt have a clue when it comes out) but it should be a matter of weeks not months (as we hadenīt heard this before).

+ DCS A-10

Hate to be right!
The whole game seems to be a lame duck!
No new screenshots, no new videos, no news at all.
Imho JT is DOA!
Posted By: Chucky

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/09/11 02:31 PM

Hate to be right!
Imho JT is DOA!

That's right,cheer us all up why don't you? darkcloud
Posted By: BlueHeron

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/09/11 03:42 PM

Geez, give them a break. Jet Thunder is a complex simulation and will take time to develop. Just like Cliffs of Dover. Just like DCS:A-10C.

Don't assume they're not working their asses off just because <*gasp!*> you don't get screenshots every week. It will be released, but until then there's no point in showing off half-baked features and describing incomplete code. It only sets the wrong expectations and shines a bad light on Work In Progress.

Don't know who decided to announce those ridiculous release dates, but it looks like they've learned their lesson.
Posted By: HarryR

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/09/11 10:39 PM

You might just want to stick your heads in to the Aerosoft JT forums, Dante has just posted a rather nice shot of the Harrier. cheers
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/10/11 09:52 PM

+ DCS A-10

Hate to be right!
Imho JT is DOA!

Come on man its not all over yet. We're all used to big time devs with big time studios, lets call this dead when it actually is dead.
Posted By: Ripcord

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/12/11 12:11 PM

+ DCS A-10

Hate to be right!
Imho JT is DOA!

Comments like this annoy the hell out of me. Just because you don't see a screenshot or a video or get a post from Dante, none of this means anything. You are far from right, mate. Sorry.

I know Dante and several of the Beta testers working on this team. They have a workable flyable sim now - I have even flown earlier beta versions, several months ago. They are busy cleaning this sim up and bringing it up to a very high level of standards. I am not a spokesman for Dante or his team, so that is all I can say. It exists and guys are working hard on it, and when its done you'll have a chance to purchase it.

And the day it comes out, I'll be right back here on these forums to requote your dumbass statement here.

Enjoy your weekend

Ripcord
Posted By: HarryR

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/13/11 08:49 AM

Ripcord, probably a bit full on with the dumb ass statement, but good post thumbsup
Posted By: Ripcord

Re: New Release Date Update - 03/13/11 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: HarryR
Ripcord, probably a bit full on with the dumb ass statement, but good post thumbsup

I'll admit that, Harry. I stop short of apologizing, but that part was a bit over the top.

Ripcord
© 2024 SimHQ Forums