homepage

Ready or Not - SWAT 5?

Posted By: Anonymous

Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 12:13 PM

Ready or Not is a tactical first person shooter which places you in the boots of an elite SWAT team, tasked with defusing hostile situations in intense, claustrophobic environments.

It’s set in a nondescript modern America, where an income disparity between the classes have become unsustainable and the country has been plunged into havoc.

Bring order to chaos with up to 8 players in cooperative play, battle enemy squads in a close player-vs-player environment, or command AI in a striking single-player mode.

Posted By: xIGuNDoCIx

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 01:48 PM

Looks promising!
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 03:09 PM

Could be good! It's not SWAT until we see a myriad of non-lethal weapons, door wedges and the like, not just a taser.
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 04:47 PM

I'm more concerned by the thoughts of an anal staircase!
Posted By: Master

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 07:10 PM

I hope they go the swat direction and not the direction of the new R6 Seige.

Swat4 was amazing in coop.
Posted By: nadal

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 11:24 PM

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing!!!!

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/05/17 11:54 PM

Also check out their website and info page.

http://voidinteractive.net/

http://voidinteractive.net/developer-blog-01-teaser-and-beyond/

They will have a wide variety of non lethal weapons and gadgets including rubber/bean shotguns, tasers, gas, pepper guns etc. Also they have door stops, chem lights for marking rooms and ladders. You also get a tactical map to plan out the assault before it starts.

Not sure how much of this will actually be in the game... but it does indeed look like a real swat4 sequel (under a different name).

Also their wound system looks/sounds bloody cool!

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/06/17 12:42 AM

If so, SOLD,
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/06/17 05:23 PM

Yup, looks very interesting and promising since there's finally a FPS/Tactical shooter being developed with SINGLE PLAYER and AI together!

And yes, "the anal staircase" also caught my attention eek
Posted By: Amaroq

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/07/17 09:32 AM

Definitely sold.

But so many have tried and failed.
Posted By: bonchie

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/07/17 11:52 AM

Looks like the missions will be heavily themed, which is great.

If this can deliver a real SP/Coop experience that really sucks you in with good AI, it's gonna be a winner.

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/07/17 04:56 PM

I hope you're graded like in SWAT. There's got to be motivation to bring them in alive, since it isn't a war situation.
We need to be able to vocally intimidate, use the non-lethal measures and have the criminal pull a reserve weapon or fight back if we don't have them well under control. That was always cool in SWAT when they would drop their rifle but then when you came to cuff them, try to pull a pistol they had behind their back.
Posted By: LeemzHQ

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/08/17 11:35 PM

This looks very promising. Can't wait to see more of this.
Posted By: Coot

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/09/17 07:47 AM

I like the promise of what it could be. Looks like it could be very good. I'm not sure about the premise. I'd rather have more of the cold war flavored missions and story of the original R6. It does come off though as something that will tread into edgy waters.
With them mentioning a class wars type of theme maybe the "anal staircase" is like a hate crime scenario at a gay bar? Kind of a take on the Orlando "Pulse" night club incident. I'm not intending to be rude or silly its just that this game looks like it may explore some very touchy subject matters and struggles surrounding the human condition.
I'd like a good story but I'd rather the specifics be a little bit more ambiguous or middle of the road.

Wow those list of features are like a dream come true! Incremental player speed and door manipulation via mouse wheel?!!! These guys must be old hats at classic PC games. I've not seen anyone in ages implement those mouse-based controls. Those are part of why I love games like H&D2 and the original Splinter Cell games. Also, the first person 3D inventory modeling. I have always wanted to see this in a game. Not just being able to see the weapons you use modeled onto the character model but actually animated and see-able from your first person perspective. I've always wanted an FPS that lets you for example open your characters coat and look inside the pockets and pull weapons and gadgets out. This one has me really interested. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 05/09/17 11:30 PM

Swat 4 was the same way. Some of the missions were really dodgy and dark. I preferred the standard crime scenarios and the militia assault scenarios opposed to the save an abused child/wife from being tortured in the basement style missions... The perps almost never survived even when they gave up in those missions...

The game sounds like a dream game so I find myself trying to curb my expectations. Kind of like that Ground Branch game and the Takedown game (that bombed). I want this game to be so good but in reality it will probably be rubbish. I need to manage my expectations now so I am not utterly shattered like with Takedown...

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 07/20/17 04:30 PM

They did two dev blogs this month sofar.

http://voidinteractive.net/developer-blog-01-teaser-and-beyond/

http://voidinteractive.net/developer-blog-02-an-era-approaches/
Posted By: Gunnyhighway

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 07/24/17 11:34 PM

Huh! huh!...Will be sold when I buy it!

On the other hand, why are you people so obsessed with that staircase? Do you believe everything you read?
Posted By: Bill_Grant

Re: Ready or Not - SWAT 5? - 09/08/17 04:11 PM

YESSSSS!
I would buy that when it comes out.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums