homepage

Fear 3

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Fear 3 - 11/03/11 08:33 PM

How many of you have played this? I recently got it for a great price and I've been playing the Cooperative story mode where one player is the "Point Man" and the other player is Paxton Fettel.

While I definitely like the Coop mode, I have to say that I don't like the overt "consolization" I've seen in certain aspects. First of all, the graphics look rather bland and dull but I realize that's probably due to a texture size limitation to accomodate consoles. Heck, games like Metro 2033 and Stalker Call of Pripyat BLOW AWAY the graphics in Fear 3.

I also don't like the frantic high paced action in many of the set piece gun battles. I remember how the original Fear actually allowed for a lot of stalking, moving in shadows, hitting guys from behind, etc. There's really none of that here.

Anyway, the game is worth the 21 bucks I paid for it but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.
Posted By: Mace71

Re: Fear 3 - 11/03/11 08:52 PM

I've got it but only played in SP and really like it but then I've liked all the Fear games. I was pleased with the graphics actually.

The AI are pretty good too as they will sometimes flank, run at you or run away if over powered.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Fear 3 - 11/04/11 01:18 PM

Yes, the "oh a large area that's been carefully staged, so battle incoming" pattern is a bit repetitive. Also, the stories for FEAR 2 and 3 weren't as good as the original. The graphics aren't as good as some others, but generally that's the tradeoff for getting great performance. Crysis 2 with the DX11 upgrade definitely has better graphics, but frankly it reminds me of playing FEAR 2 and 3!

I don't know if they're planning a FEAR 4, but I think at this point it would be a wasted effort. There's nowhere left to go, nothing left to do.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: JAMF

Re: Fear 3 - 11/04/11 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Also, the stories for FEAR 2 and 3 weren't as good as the original.
They removed the lean in FEAR 2 too, to force the player into a more direct approach. Basically, they took away the way I played the game; cautiously. So I didn't buy them.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Fear 3 - 11/04/11 02:50 PM

The original Fear you can easily play like a Splinter Cell game. Not so with the Fear sequels.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums