homepage

Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain

Posted By: citizen guod

Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 05:36 PM

Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain
by Chuck "PFunk" Bellows

For SimHQ registered members with 100+ posts.

Click here for the description.

Click here for the download page (215MB).

Posted By: teeps

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 07:29 PM

I don't have SF2, but I wanted to check out the description. I get access denied, even though I have over 100 posts. Just thought I'd let you know in case it was a misconfiguration somewhere...
Posted By: _michal

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 07:39 PM

Can't access too.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 07:45 PM

Works for me.
Posted By: Murphy'S

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 08:15 PM

hello

why such a limitation?
Posted By: HStar

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 08:31 PM

Is there another web site where we can get some information on this? And hopefully a free download link?

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 08:32 PM

Manage bandwidth.

If you can't access the file, the database may be still updating, so please try again in 2-3 hours and post back in here if still a problem.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: tomagabriel
Is there another web site where we can get some information on this? And hopefully a free download link?

No, it is exclusive content to SimHQ. Mirroring of the file elsewhere is not permitted.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 08:35 PM

Looking GREAT... I don't do that game... but if I did, I'd be all over this... Screens look GREAT Pfunk.
Posted By: Canadair

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/18/12 09:33 PM

Same here: more than 100 , no access
Posted By: KiwiBiggles

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 12:13 AM

SF2E noob but really would have liked to try this.

Congrats on the release PFunk, the screenie on the SimHQ homepage looks very nice. smile

All the Best!
Kiwi
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 12:24 AM

So I understand making it over 100 posts to manage bandwith.

I get that.

But making it exclusive to members who have 100 posts?

That seems kinda like it's being lorded over people.

I mean, why not make it so that SimHQ is is the exclusive direct DL, but then let people start a torrent as well?

Now, SimHQ regulars get an exclusive bonus but everyone gets to enjoy the content, which helps out TK by encouraging engagement with his product.
Posted By: VonBeerhofen

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 01:49 AM

Don't worry,

I have over 6000 posts and get the message that I have no access to SIMHQ downloads, will try again later.

VBH
Posted By: jazz5150

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 07:33 AM

Also over 100, no access. Will keep trying on different times of the day.
I will get it eventually (I hope) at the moment I can't even get to the description.
Posted By: Hellmann

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 07:50 AM

I fly this sim quite a bit but I'm saddened that I don't have nearly enough posts to DL this.

Time to post like a Madman.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Hellmann
I fly this sim quite a bit but I'm saddened that I don't have nearly enough posts to DL this.

Yeah! I was disappointed too that the exclusivity to SimHQ allows only some to have access to this. It feels even more frustrating as I'm hitting this site at least 3-4 times a day and this is the first time I feel I don't belong here. I remember reading some time ago that it was supposed to be available also to CombatAce wehere there's only a downlowad/user/day limitation, which frankly seems fair. I'm not going to repeat what other have stated in the posts above, except one thing:

Time to post like a Madman...

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 08:40 AM

Yeah! I was disappointed too that the exclusivity to SimHQ allows only some to have access to this. It feels even more frustrating as I'm hitting this site at least 3-4 times a day and this is the first time I feel I don't belong here. I remember reading some time ago that it was supposed to be available also to CombatAce wehere there's only a downlowad/user/day limitation, which frankly seems fair. I'm not going to repeat what other have stated in the posts above, except one thing:

Time to post like a Madman...

Heya tomagabriel,

Just checked CombatAce and didn't see anything about it over there so it seems very exclusive to SimHq. I'm here as well at least 2-3 time a day and just enjoy reading posts and really don't contribute too much. I suppose it's time to break out of my shell and contribute more. I suppose that's the reward... This terrain looks awesome! The SUKHOI's and MIG's were made for this! I must admit I was surprised to find it exclusive to SimHq as the SFers community here seems rather small. CombatAce is almost exclusive to SFers so it would make sense to post this DL there as this should be enjoyed by many.

Time for my posting spree.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 08:46 AM

Some more screenshots would be appreciated.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE
So I understand making it over 100 posts to manage bandwith.

I get that.

But making it exclusive to members who have 100 posts?

That seems kinda like it's being lorded over people.

I mean, why not make it so that SimHQ is is the exclusive direct DL, but then let people start a torrent as well?

Now, SimHQ regulars get an exclusive bonus but everyone gets to enjoy the content, which helps out TK by encouraging engagement with his product.

Agreed... I would like to enjoy this content and now find myself flooding this thread just to get access to this.

68 more post to go RTFM
Posted By: jeanba

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 11:25 AM

Does not work for me frown

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 11:50 AM

Some more screenshots would be appreciated.

Indeed.

Edit:
Is there a campaign associated to this terrain? Or is it usable only with quick missions and editor-created content?
Posted By: Warmbrak

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 12:22 PM

At the rate I post it is going to take me a while too old_simmer
Posted By: baltika

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 02:24 PM

OK, I got it working now - posting must have updated my status or something.

The extra screens on the download page look cool.

Eagerly anticipating taking a spin round the Black Sea biggrin

Thanks for your hard work pfunk, I know how much it takes to put a terrain together.

Slainthe!

Baltika
Posted By: jeanba

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 02:48 PM

Ok, I could download it, will test soon
Posted By: Aullido

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 03:49 PM

Posting will update your status? Worth a try.

Done. thumbsup
Posted By: RuhRoh

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 03:54 PM

It does look interesting, and I agree that it is a bit odd to restrict access to members with a certain number of posts. At least as SF is single player the policy won't affect online gaming.

I just hope this does not result in a bunch of people spam-posting to get their post count up to 100 so that they can then access the file.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 03:54 PM

I would just like to reiterate my point above.
Posted By: BeachAV8R

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: RuhRoh
I would just like to reiterate my point above.

LOL.. Good one..

For that I bequeath you however many of my posts you need to get to 100... thumbsup

Posted By: Doc

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 06:49 PM

I visit simhq every day, but don't post much. This doesn't make me feel anymore like posting.....
Posted By: xclusiv8

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 07:21 PM

No access for me either =(

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Doc
I visit simhq every day, but don't post much. This doesn't make me feel anymore like posting.....

Yes, its a bummer. But I figure if I post 10/day I should be able to get it in a weeks time.

Just post like crazy.....

screwy
Posted By: Wrench

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 08:22 PM

Can't access either ... bummer!

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Wrench

You know things are a tad backwards when Wrench (a top modder at CombatACE) who contributes much to the SFers community can't even access this!

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/19/12 11:14 PM

I have been able to start the download after my previous post: for the +100 crowd, posting seems to unlock your status in a way.
Downloading now.
Posted By: FlyingMonkey

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 12:11 AM

I couldn't access it neither but I'll test now whether posting today does the trick indeed.

EDIT: it did! Immediately after I posted access started to work
Posted By: Stormtrooper

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Wrench

You know things are a tad backwards when Wrench (a top modder at CombatACE) who contributes much to the SFers community can't even access this!

...and yet there's no mention at CA about this terrain.
Posted By: theheld

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 12:58 AM

wow how exclusive.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 02:33 AM

Just made a post over at CA.... and yes... I find it very strange indeed that there is no info about this over there.

Perhaps I'm missing something... (besides 53 posts to get this darn terrain).

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 04:38 AM

Hey guys... since SimHQ is a free site, we need to bring some exclusives to our registered members as an additional incentive to register, and that is why we went this route (along with managing the bandwidth). If you haven't already, become a registered member and support SimHQ. More exclusive downloads and features are coming. And the site will remain 100% free.

For those who don't see the info/download, and you have 100+ posts but haven't posted in a while, make a new post. It may be that downloaders group was created after you last posted, and making a new post in any forum will trigger it.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 05:39 AM

Thank you for the clarification.

I look forwards to getting to that 100th post so I can enjoy this and more exclusives.

43 posts to go.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 05:53 AM

Thank you for the clarification.

I look forwards to getting to that 100th post so I can enjoy this and more exclusives.

43 posts to go.

Check out the Community Hall. I would think there have to be a few threads that will peak your interest enough to post.
Community Hall: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/84/1/Community_Hall.html

I am looking forward to welcoming you there too. smile

Wheels

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 07:18 AM

Thanks wheelsup for your kind welcome.
Posted By: Staniol

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 07:50 AM

If I write here that its not working for me, will it?
Posted By: Staniol

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 07:51 AM

Yes it will.
Looks like no matter how many posts you have, you have to post 1 more. smile
Posted By: CA_Stary

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 09:46 AM

D/L works for me, description gives "acces denied" though exitstageleft
Posted By: magicalflyer

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 10:47 AM

I think I can respect the 100 posts restriction. If nothing else it prevents people from signing up just to download files and then leave, or worst, come back from time to time to troll around. I'm a member of a site that is suffering from this. We sure don't want this to happen to SimHQ. It's just too bad that the only way to "measure your commitment" is to look at how many posts you have. A "lurker meter" would be good hahaha. After all, I spent almost two years lurking around here before joining.

BTW, can I use this mod in Wings over Europe?

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 01:16 PM

I think its designed for Europe (judging by the name of the thread). Can't confirm anything though (see my post nr.)

Edit:
"(see my post nr.)" i.e. below 100 at the time of posting
Posted By: Ghost_unit13

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 01:54 PM

ok, here is my mail.. now lets download Smile2
Posted By: flying-hamster

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: CA_Stary
D/L works for me, description gives "acces denied" though exitstageleft

me too

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 03:39 PM

Downloaded and did some flying: I like :-)
Thank you PFunk and Dave / SimHQ for sharing.
Posted By: Benji

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 04:26 PM

pffff... I have been a registered lurker here for years now. Guess that means no terrain for me frown
Posted By: Benji

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 04:27 PM

ehh, make that a registered lurker that had to re-register some time ago to congratulate the enemy engaged community on its work!
Posted By: Aube

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 08:26 PM

Such is the life of the lurker I suppose.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Aube

I lurked here for many years myself with the occasional call out for assistance. Now I am trying to contribute to a great community and even having a good laugh while doing so.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/20/12 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Aube

I lurked here for many years myself with the occasional call out for assistance. Now I am trying to contribute to a great community and even having a good laugh while doing so.

I think you will find that we are a welcoming lot and that you will enjoy the time you spend here with us. Nice to have you aboard Hellman. smile

Wheels

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 01:55 AM

Thanks again Wheels... quite a few characters here! Makes for some interesting dialogue and some moments of hilarity to boot.

cheers
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: guod
Hey guys... since SimHQ is a free site, we need to bring some exclusives to our registered members as an additional incentive to register, and that is why we went this route (along with managing the bandwidth). If you haven't already, become a registered member and support SimHQ. More exclusive downloads and features are coming. And the site will remain 100% free.

For those who don't see the info/download, and you have 100+ posts but haven't posted in a while, make a new post. It may be that downloaders group was created after you last posted, and making a new post in any forum will trigger it.

Ok, so this to help boost ad sales? (otherwise more members would just mean more bandwith usage and expense, from a pure business perspective). Makes sense to me:

More members=more reason for advertisers to want to buy our ad-space, as we have concrete proof that more ppl are clicking ads.

More posts per member= an even stronger sales proposition, as it speaks to A more vibrant and engaged community.

Plus, other metrics such as how many users sign in per day, average posts per user, average page view per user, etc. help "tell the story" of why our little slice of the web is a fertile place to drill into a very picky, very demanding, yet very hungry niche market.

If I might make a humble suggestion: CombatAce allows one to donate to the site, and depending on much you donate,they'll remove the download limit for a set amount of time. Perhaps take a similar approach, wherein a new member can donate to the site and "buy" their "100 posts" privileges. Perhaps also introduce donation tiers with other perks, say an increased file upload size for bigger screens, a "supporting member" badge, or even early access to exclusive content.

I'd fork over some cash for the aforementioned items

Thoughts anyone (might as well boost your posts ppl! smile )

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 04:42 AM

One issue with the 'pay to download' strategy is that it can be interpreted as 'selling' the free addons by a third party, which some developers frown upon. (Not saying that is the case here, just in general)
Posted By: pureblue

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 12:33 PM

Let me see if this works for me..

Edit:Nope, I would've enjoyed exploring but oh well...
Posted By: 2GvSAP_Chief

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 02:36 PM

So to be clear I need to have posted over 100 times just to find out more of what this is?
I would think that I would qualify but I am also getting permission denied.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 2GvSAP_Chief
So to be clear I need to have posted over 100 times just to find out more of what this is?
I would think that I would qualify but I am also getting permission denied.

Maybe posting this updated your status (as it did for others) and now you can download.
Posted By: baltika

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 09:19 PM

Hi Pfunk,

Great work on this terrain, I finally got a chance to take her for a spin tonight.

I really like the Ukraine vs Russia set up. The only issue is a game limitation, flying single missions gives you the usual Migs vs Phantoms combat, I would like some red on red hardware action straight out of the box. But I am sure I can whip up a campaign soon enough which will solve that problem - I just have to get my SF2 install up to speed for post-92 hardware ;-)

On the subject of planning maps, 15 minutes with Keith Bedford's sfmap tool from way back will give you these:-

Save them to your desktop or wherever, convert them to .bmp format, drop them into your Terrains/BlackSea2 folder, over-writing the old files and you are good to go.

Be aware when using sfmap that it has a few issues - it doesn't like win7, and doesn't get the SF2 file structure, so I made these maps by dropping your Black Sea 2 terrain into my WoE 08 install on my old XP machine. [NB the terrain itself does not seem to run on WoE 08, I think it is to do with ansi vs unicode for the terrain .ini files]. Also, when you export the maps from sfmap, it gets the size of the bmps wrong - you have to edit them in paint.net or whatever to the proper sizes - 512x512, 1024x1024 and 2048x2048.

There is also this new tool by gerwin which is good for planning maps:-

http://combatace.com/topic/68667-alternate-tfd-terrain-tilemap-editorviewer/

However, I am not sure that gerwin's tool supports non-stock terrain map sizes, yet.

Right, I'm off to read up on modern Russian and Ukrainian air OOBs ;-)
Posted By: PFunk

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/21/12 09:53 PM

No wonder I can't get it to run. I've got Win7.

Hmmm...gonna have to work on this one.
Posted By: Canadair

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/23/12 11:54 AM

Baltika, we are waiting for the campaign smile Your jobs are always interesting: hey I ams till playing your Battle of England
Posted By: gixxerthou04

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/25/12 12:17 AM

Interesting.
Posted By: Valcor

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/25/12 02:26 PM

I don't have SF2. Seems some people are saying it does not run easily on modern OS. Is it difficult to get installed and functioning on Win 7?
Posted By: neoshi

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/25/12 04:30 PM

For you W7 guys, install SF2 OUTSIDE of the Program Files (x86) folder. Once that is done, you should have no problems. Running it on W7 x64 Ult right now.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/25/12 07:29 PM

I've never had any issues with SF2 on Win7. It was SF1 series that didn't like Vista or 7 so much because of their built-in lockdown on altering files in the Progam Files directory. SF2 uses your profile to store stuff, unlike SF1. Mods go in %root%/users/%username%/saved games/thirdwire/%SF2 exe name%.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: KiwiBiggles

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/25/12 07:31 PM

Hi Valcor

I'm an SF2 noob myself (on Win7 32 bit) but I'm not sure why someone would tell you that. The system requirements for SF2 include Windows Vista or Windows 7. See Third Wire's site here:

https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm

As I understand it, SF2 is essentially a Vista/Win7/Dx10 version of SF1.

I've been very happy with my SF2 experience (I upgraded to Win7 specifically to play SF2) from the online purchase to playing and modding the game. I'm from a mainly IL-2 and Falcon4.0 background, and it's true that SF2 has some 'sim-lite' features (the 'worst' of which can be modified) but is very stong in 'fun-factor'.

There's more about my SF2 experience here if you want to check it out:

http://www.kiwisim.net.nz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5533

All the best
Kiwi
Posted By: SAPPER

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/27/12 07:24 PM

At this rate this is going to take me a while.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/27/12 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: SAPPER
At this rate this is going to take me a while.

Check out the Community Hall for a couple of weeks in your spare time and I would be surprised if you couldn't find enough threads in which to contribute that you wouldn't get to 101 posts. Looking forward to seeing you there. smile

Wheels
Posted By: Cobra55305

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/28/12 10:37 PM

Could you at least tell me the name of the download so I can search for it and download it from some other website?

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/29/12 12:43 AM

We're sorry. SimHQ is the only site hosting this file.
Posted By: Cougar_DK

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/29/12 07:30 AM

Thanks for sharing guys!
Posted By: Jack_Spanner

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 01/30/12 11:12 PM

Only 70 more to go ...
Posted By: mziskandar

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 02/01/12 09:32 PM

I'm trying to download it too..
Posted By: slickwing

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 02/09/12 04:50 AM

This is prejudiced and un-fair to us that have been reading these forums for a while but don't post often. Does this mean fanboys only ?
Posted By: 531 Ghost

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 02/09/12 11:10 AM

Originally Posted By: slickwing
This is prejudiced and un-fair to us that have been reading these forums for a while but don't post often. Does this mean fanboys only ?

No, it means, perhaps, you should participate here more. There's plenty of subject matter I'm sure you could find to comment on. Now get busy! Get to postin'!

beercheers
Posted By: Mika

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/05/13 11:12 PM

Sorry, but i have a problem with download. Downloading 0kb files from two download buttons (links)?! Whats wrong?

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/06/13 12:23 AM

It's no longer being offered. Sorry.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/06/13 12:30 AM

It wasn't as good as Stary and Wrench's stuff anyway.
Posted By: arthur666

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/07/13 01:37 PM

It has a lot of potential. A different tileset would make a big improvement. I futzed around with it a bit. Tried adding one of Stary's CE sets.

(Obviously, I'm no terrain modder)

Also have a 1980 campaign on the back burner right now. Starts with just a small NATO beachhead in Sevastopol/Saki. Modded targets.ini for more nodes in the Crimea plus up the eastern coast from Turkey. Airbase on Turkish mainland plus "off-map" airbases.

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/07/13 10:07 PM

Cool. Looks great.
Posted By: specialksl

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/08/13 02:24 PM

I have well over 100 posts since I been registered for 14 years and I can't D/L. Maybe this one will do it!
Posted By: specialksl

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/08/13 02:27 PM

I click on the download button and it goes through the motions and a file shows up in my destination but is is zero size and it obviously won't open. What now?
Posted By: UnderTheRadar

Re: Download: Strike Fighters 2 Europe: Black Sea v2.0 Terrain - 05/08/13 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PFunk
It's no longer being offered. Sorry.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums