homepage

GR:FS Beta Footage

Posted By: BadKarma1001

GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/10/12 12:03 AM

Posted By: JoeyJoJo

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/10/12 05:01 PM

Sooo...it's only 3rd person view, but you still get a "HUD" with wallhacks?? The gameplay looks more like Gears of War: Historic Battles or something lol
Posted By: Desert_Ranger

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/12/12 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: NoUseForAName
Sooo...it's only 3rd person view, but you still get a "HUD" with wallhacks?? The gameplay looks more like Gears of War: Historic Battles or something lol

wallhacks....what the heck is a wallhack???
Posted By: Magnum

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/12/12 06:26 PM

ahhh, for the hundredth time... it's all about options... GRAW1 and 2 were 3rd person shooters BUT had the option to go first person... they also had all that stupid gamey icon stuff BUT you had options to turn it off... so if GRFS provides the same options then I'm good to go with it. wink
Posted By: Mace71

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/12/12 06:43 PM

I'm really looking forward to this.
Posted By: JoeyJoJo

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/12/12 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Desert_Ranger
Originally Posted By: NoUseForAName

wallhacks....what the heck is a wallhack???

Uh, when you can see enemies highlighted thru walls...albeit it's probably a perk or some kind of special "recon" ability; but I just don't like the 3rd person view with the HUD that shows where everything is; how many advantages do we need?

Of course Mag could be right and they're all options. Just my impression from the footage - not for me
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/12/12 09:20 PM

The nice thing about GRAW 1/2 on console was that you had a TON of host options. Including the ability to turn off the UAV's and even any friend or foe markers---judge by camo only. I hope this one has that.
Apparently private rooms don't require any rank/unlocking and it's all wide open.
Posted By: Mace71

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/13/12 12:45 AM

I like 3rd person view, gives you more connection with your character.
Posted By: Ark

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/15/12 12:36 AM

Looks awesome. Will be pre-ordering for PC if/when available. Probably get the 360 version as well.
Posted By: PFunk

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/15/12 11:07 PM

The PC version for me. It's supposed to have full DX11 tessellation support.

It'll probably have full X360 gamepad support.
Posted By: Coot

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/16/12 08:48 PM

I like the 3rd person camera as well. And like what's been mentioned, difficulty settings will probably allow limited techy recon spotting and such. I can see this one feeling more like the originals than GRAWs if they keep a tactical edge to it and some sort of mission planning and or more comprehensive squad instructions.

I'm just glad to be out of stinking Mexico and into more diverse locals. I'm also really hoping for better enemy AI that are not overtly dumb as rocks.
Posted By: PFunk

Re: GR:FS Beta Footage - 04/18/12 02:06 AM

I keep hoping someone will do SWAT3's dynamic AI placement. Never gonna happen. Then you have no reason to buy the sequel.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums