homepage

My mods

Posted By: ChiefWH

My mods - 03/16/19 07:36 PM

I'm no longer posting on this forum.

You can pick up mods from here if it works:

https://hangar22.wordpress.com/

Links to the dropbox locations can then be shared on here by people if they wish.
Posted By: Adger

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 03/16/19 08:54 PM

Im personnally looking forward to what you come up with Chief,WOFF UE like WOTR is a great sim..made even better (IMO) with mods.

All the best in your endevours pal thumbsup

Edit:Wow i didn,t know you had been this busy...the collective mod looks really interesting

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 03/19/19 10:48 PM

Thanks, added another.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 03/24/19 03:30 PM

Added another.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 03/24/19 03:47 PM

Thank you for these Chief,there excellent mods pal.

Does anyone else here use Chiefs mods? If not I urge you to give them a try the Collective mod is very special,
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 03/27/19 01:40 AM

Oh yes, I do for sure. Thanks Chief for all of your hard work. I have yet to try your composite mod but I will soon.

S!Blade<><

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 03/27/19 06:31 PM

You're welcome.

Blade if you do try the collective one, you'll probably want to remove the file I mention in the post about it above; this file:

ChiefWHs_collective_vx.x\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich\ui

Because this makes labels harder to see and I saw you made a mod to make them easier!

You can probably just install your mod after mine and it'd overwrite it but probably best to remove the UI file from mine before installing it I reckon.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/04/19 07:41 PM

Added another to the fourth post (Airfields mod).

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/06/19 08:24 PM

Thank You Chief,also a massive thanks for the higher res Map mate.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/06/19 10:02 PM

Thanks.

The game deserves a decent map, and if bombers do come along then I think it will be crucial for the gameplay and feel (aircraft-icon-off navigation in particular). Its good to hear even just a few others appreciate it, I know I wouldn't do without it now, but, I made it so I'm biased and rolling in my own ego, so its nice to hear others appreciate it as much as I'd hope.

I've done a whole load of new work on it already since that last version the other day so will put out a 1.4 really quite soon. Just detail of smaller towns mostly, but quite alarge number of them, and I feel any extra area detail adds something.

(Pictures attached here show the latest (unpublished) view of 11Group with pretty much most towns showing I think now, also a fair bit more detail in Belgium.

Attached picture 11 Group.jpg
Attached picture Belgium.jpg
Posted By: carrick58

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/06/19 10:04 PM

Nice

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/13/19 08:55 PM

Updated the collective and FM mods so they should be compatible with game version 1.14

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/15/19 09:50 PM

Updated the collective mod with fixes and sights.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/16/19 09:01 PM

Thanks for your continued work Chief cheers

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/17/19 06:14 PM

Sorry, have put up another version as I suspect I had introduced an element of player invulnerability and I've corrected that (if it was happening) by putting the orginal values back in for what I suspect was the cause.
Posted By: Wolfstriked

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/18/19 06:58 AM

How about a collective mod with all your mods?Anyone can just go inside a single folder and delete the mods they don't want.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/18/19 04:44 PM

Thanks for commenting, I'd love to just have one mod but I'm not sure everyone would either understand what would do what, or, be bothered to dig around.

At the moment the collective mod does mix in a load of little mods that I feel make up the bulk of my experience, and most others are pretty small to download and quick to install through JSGME; so I'm really still trying to find a balance at the moment between preference, choice and ease of use.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/18/19 09:25 PM

Invulnerability bug was still there so stripped out more of the cause and have put up v1.5 which should work ok for now, but bombers aren't so tough again.
Posted By: Wolfstriked

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/19/19 12:05 AM

Gotcha wink

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/19/19 09:38 PM

Version 1.6 of the collective mod, hopefully with the invulnerability bug all finally all fixed, and all features back in.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/19/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefWH
Flight models

Again, thanks to whoever did the original wok on these, my dabbling has educated me on how difficult it is.[color:#CC0000][/color]

That would be me wink. Yes endless hours of fun and when you have it just as you like it, all you have to do it get the AI to fly it too.

BTW the Gunsights in 1.14 I made to more closely resemble this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blem3FlkaMc
Note the long lines.

I wanted it to fade though so hence what is in there.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/20/19 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Polovski
Flight models

Again, thanks to whoever did the original wok on these, my dabbling has educated me on how difficult it is.[color:#CC0000][/color]

That would be me wink. Yes endless hours of fun and when you have it just as you like it, all you have to do it get the AI to fly it too.

BTW the Gunsights in 1.14 I made to more closely resemble this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blem3FlkaMc
Note the long lines.

I wanted it to fade though so hence what is in there.

That's really intersting on the gunsight thanks, I will most probably strip out the clipped gunsight next time I update.

Your AI is most capable it seems in coping with a few changes to surface areas and some tuning settings, pretty awesome really!

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/23/19 08:28 PM

Inspired by Polovski's 'infinity' sight evidence, I'm revisiting my 109 sight, some images attached of what it looks like so far. (not in the mod yet)

Attached picture AxisRevi1.jpg
Attached picture AxisRevi2.jpg
Attached picture AxisRevi3.jpg
Attached picture AxisRevi4.jpg
Attached picture AxisRevi5.jpg
Attached picture 300m.jpg
Attached picture 200m.jpg
Attached picture 100m.jpg
Posted By: Lythronax

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/23/19 10:58 PM

Inspired by Polovski's 'infinity' sight evidence, I'm revisiting my 109 sight, some images attached of what it looks like so far. (not in the mod yet)

Although this is isn't the best image, a small feature that hasn't been portrayed is the gap in the centre of the sight.

[Linked Image]

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/23/19 11:21 PM

I think that the difference is in the model of gunsight (see attached). I don't know where I got the idea from but I have a feeling the 109E used the B type, I may be wrong and would appreciate if anyone knows otherwise.

Horrido from 1944 shows the gap, so does suggest that it may be the version of later in the war.

Attached picture Revi_16.JPG
Posted By: Lythronax

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/24/19 12:09 AM

I think that the difference is in the model of gunsight (see attached). I don't know where I got the idea from but I have a feeling the 109E used the B type, I may be wrong and would appreciate if anyone knows otherwise.

Horrido from 1944 shows the gap, so does suggest that it may be the version of later in the war.

The 109 E-4 specifically used the Revi C/12D, which is a much earlier variant of the sight, which would have used a reticle approximately the same as the Revi 16D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIkLk7uZygg

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/24/19 08:37 AM

Do you have a source for the specification please? The video doesn't indicate an 109E and the ammo counters and video description suggest a later model.

I'm happy to put the version with a gap but need to see some evidence for it. There's a website that is dedicated to the 109 somewhere, I'll check that out myself sometime when I have time.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/24/19 08:48 AM

This site for example suggests it was the B:

https://www.reflexvisier.com/revi16b

(It lists the other as being in the 110)

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/26/19 09:23 PM

New version of the collective mod is up. New 109 gunsight, (and removed my mod on the Hurri/Spit one so it is back to the new default game one).

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/26/19 10:42 PM

ChifWH
1. is the older "Toned Down Houses" mod included in the newer "Drab buildings" mod or in the "Airfields" mod?
2. What folders would I eliminate from the "Collective mod" to get rid of the "Fm Changes" ? I am changing versions a lot and need to use the default sim for a while and then I add back in mods after testing is done and i don't want to have to delete these files every time I change.
And of course, Thanks for all you do ChiefWH! salute
S!Blade<><

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/27/19 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
ChifWH
1. is the older "Toned Down Houses" mod included in the newer "Drab buildings" mod or in the "Airfields" mod?
2. What folders would I eliminate from the "Collective mod" to get rid of the "Fm Changes" ? I am changing versions a lot and need to use the default sim for a while and then I add back in mods after testing is done and i don't want to have to delete these files every time I change.
And of course, Thanks for all you do ChiefWH! salute
S!Blade<><

Hi,

There are no FM changes in the collective mod, they are listed seperately in their own post with individual links and mods so they can be kept seperate from everything else. So if you don't have the FM specific mods installed it shouldn't be a problem.

f you mean damage model changes whcih are in the collective mod, these can't be trimmed out because they are tied in with the convergence distance and tracer rate changes (are on the same file), also they are meant to compliment the changes in weapon damage and are a big part of the mod for me.

For the buildings, I no longer update or have the 'toned down houses' mod listed, because for my personal use I have replaced it with the 'drab buildings' one. The drab buildings one does tone down white houses, but also all other buildings that are on the same file and I realise this might be too much for the the taste of others to be of use. As long as OBD don't change the texture file for these buildings there should be no problem in using the old 'toned down houses mod' if you still have it.

The 'aircraft buildings' mod just changes some of the buidlings that have their own individual textures, these are seen in airfields, targets and I guess farms maybe because some are named as farm buildings. The airfields mod is really subtle compared to the drab buildings and is completely seperate to it and doesn;t affect any ofthe buildigns in the old 'Toned down houses' mod.

Hope that helps.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/27/19 02:45 PM

Got it. Thanks very much ChiefWH. salute

S!Blade<><

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/27/19 05:02 PM

Have just added a couple of small mods into the collective mod.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/28/19 05:33 AM

Hey ChiefWH, the link for the collective mod is not working Sir. 404 error. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 04/28/19 08:16 AM

Ooops, I'd tidied away the new file by mistake, it should work now.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/06/19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lythronax

The 109 E-4 specifically used the Revi C/12D, which is a much earlier variant of the sight, which would have used a reticle approximately the same as the Revi 16D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIkLk7uZygg

Whilst in-game I suddenly had a thought... and look what I saw (attached). I'll make the change to my 109 sight at some point soon.

Attached picture sight.jpg

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/07/19 07:27 PM

Updated the 109's gunsight in the collective mod.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/11/19 02:59 PM

New version 2.0 of the collective mod:

- Gear extend and retract sounds (internal only) are much less audible, so now only muffled clanks and thumps of them being released, being in place, and when locked up. (These are timed to fit with the actual wheel momvements, currently the Hurricane locked up lights come on too early)

- Gun sounds (internal Hurricane, Spitfire and 109) are very much muffled

- Hurricane and Spitfire sights toggle between on and off rather than multiple brightnesses.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4465858/re-chiefwhs-mods#Post4465858

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/11/19 04:08 PM

Got it. Will try it out this coming week ChiefWH. Thanks you.

S!Blade<><
Posted By: Littleowl

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/12/19 12:51 PM

Hi Chief.
I've been using your mods since the beginning and have enjoyed them all. Have just installed the Collective mod and found that my onscreen Hud txt has become blue and the Tac txt has become black.
Is there anyway i could get it back to white please.
Sorry to be a bit picky.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/12/19 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Littleowl
Hi Chief.
I've been using your mods since the beginning and have enjoyed them all. Have just installed the Collective mod and found that my onscreen Hud txt has become blue and the Tac txt has become black.
Is there anyway i could get it back to white please.
Sorry to be a bit picky.

No that's fine. That should all be controlled by the UI.xml file, I'd already put a note in the readme about deleting that aspect if you wish, but essentially if you've already got the collective mod installed:

- Disable the collective Mod in JSGME

- Then in the Mod folder find this file: ChiefWHs_collective_vx.x\OBDW WingsOverTheReich\ui.xml then delete it.

- Now re-enable the Mod

It should now have the default user interface colours again, but the rest of the mod.

Let me know if that doesn't do it.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/13/19 05:54 PM

Thanks Chief for V2. Also thank you for your image mod pal. Great work cheers

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/17/19 11:05 AM

Thank you.

I'd like some feedback if possible please...

..I don't particularly like the colour of the 109's gunsight at the moment. But I've seen various different colours in videos and games and I don't know what is authentic.

Does anyone know, or, what do people prefer.

Personally I like the lighter shades, a bit like I used to have it, so I'm thinking of changing it to be something like in the link below.

https://youtu.be/n2iNhNK1xSg

What does anyone who uses my collective mod think?

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/17/19 02:16 PM

Interesting in that video it's limited to a round shape and cuts off well before the edge of the square glass. It's like that in videos I have seen.
Maybe try to match the brightness in that, at least it's a real image to match. That's what I tried to do with the new British sight.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 05/18/19 07:21 PM

Thanks,

I've put a new version of the collective mod up that has a new 109 gunsight file in it.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 06/01/19 08:13 PM

New version of collective is up (v2.2), main change is flap operation sounds have been customised.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 06/02/19 12:04 PM

Nice one cheers Chief

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 06/03/19 06:28 PM

Made some tweaks to the Hurricane sounds, still v2.2 but has been updated as of now.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 06/28/19 09:21 PM

Added a note about the issue with 109FM not working with high densty trees.

Also as a heads up I will be incorporating my images mod into the collective next time I update the collective.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 06/29/19 12:29 AM

Added a note about the issue with 109FM not working with high densty trees.

Also as a heads up I will be incorporating my images mod into the collective next time I update the collective.

Cheers Chief.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 06/29/19 08:34 PM

Updated the pilot photos mod, it now has all British and German photos given the same treatment.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 07/01/19 12:08 PM

Thanks Chief.
Posted By: trek

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 07/02/19 11:01 AM

Chief, just DL'd and installed your mods. What a wonderful job! They really add to the immersion of WOTR. Keep 'em coming and thank you very much for providing us with them.

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 07/02/19 12:27 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, there's a fair few hours gone into these so it's always welcome to hear they are of benefit to others.

Just to reiterate to you and anyone else, if you use the 109FM you need to make sure tree density is not on high. I'd hate for someone to be transferred in the middle of s career to a field where the AI kill themselves in the trees!

I'm currently back working on the map mod for the time being, so will share that update when ready.
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: ChiefWH's Mods - 07/20/19 12:37 AM

Hmmm, want to try out Collective 2.4 - but I am confused...

As per readme:

*** To install properly, all the 'flight' folders with a suffix of A0 to A9 for any aircraft that have them, need to be deleted before running the game (and doing a mission) for the first time. Currently this is the BF109E4 Hurricane MkIa, Sptifure MkIa. If you uninstall the mod the same needs to be done after uninstalling***

I don't have any folders labeled fight. Is this referring to files within the aircraft folder for specific planes? For example aircraft/BF109E4_A5 -- the actual entire folder???? or specific files within it?

Sorry, I know it's an issue of semantics, but I am a little lost here.

????

Re: My mods - 07/20/19 01:52 AM

Here you go Redwolf. This should explain it for the Bf109E4. The others follow the same procedure but with their respective plane names, i.e. Hurricane or Spitfire. Hope this helps.

ChiefWH's new blog site. Hangar 22

S!Blade<><

Attached picture Readme_Bf109E4_FM_Mod.jpg
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: My mods - 07/20/19 02:14 AM

Hey Blade, thank you very much for that sir! <S>
Those instructions are more detailed then the one found in the collective mod. Much appreciated. smile

Re: My mods - 07/20/19 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Redwolf
Hey Blade, thank you very much for that sir! <S>
Those instructions are more detailed then the one found in the collective mod. Much appreciated. smile

No problem Sir. I re-wrote the ReadMe to try to help ChiefWH out, as I thought it was a bit confusing at first. I submitted the new ones to him, but I am not sure if he is going to use them or not.
I am PM ing you something else Redwolf.

S!Blade<><
Posted By: gaw1

Re: My mods - 07/24/19 10:59 AM

Cheif.....your map mod is awesome.....really nice!! Thank you....tried your formation mod too and it's breathtaking whipping around in tight groups....no crashes yet but will beam in.....very cool!!!

Re: My mods - 07/24/19 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by gaw1
Cheif.....your map mod is awesome.....really nice!! Thank you....tried your formation mod too and it's breathtaking whipping around in tight groups....no crashes yet but will beam in.....very cool!!!

ChiefWH's new blog site. Hangar 22

ChiefWH is not posting over here at SimHQ anymore so if you want him to see this you will most likely need to post on his new Blog.

S!Blade<><
Posted By: gaw1

Re: My mods - 07/24/19 02:10 PM

OK...thx

Re: My mods - 07/24/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by gaw1
OK...thx

Thanks for posting over there he really likes to get feedback on the mods he develops, and we can really use the help in testing the new Formation Mod. So good, bad or indifferent please share your observations. Cheers Mate! biggrin

S!Blade<><
Posted By: Chef

Re: My mods - 04/14/20 01:13 PM

Looks like the hanger22 site is no longer working.

Re: My mods - 04/14/20 01:27 PM

Yes Chef, ChiefWH did close his Blog and he does not correspond with others here on the SimHQ forums any longer. It is unfortunate because he was a driving force in helping move WOTR forward with his Mod work. I have sent an E-mail to ChiefWH to see If he minds me privately sharing his mods, but I haven't heard back from him yet. If I have not heard from him by this weekend, I will probably be offering PM Dropbox links to those that PM me with a request for his mods.

S!Blade<><
Posted By: VonS

Re: My mods - 04/15/20 02:50 AM

Only noticed this thread now...stimulating stuff gents' - too bad that Chief disappeared. I would be interested in checking over his FM tweaks - but will be patient until/if he responds to Blade. I was thinking of doing some FM tweaks - perhaps to give us a Mk. II Hurri, also the Mk.II Spit, and perhaps the E.7 variant of the Bf-109 - but I've currently got my hands full with WOFF FM tweaks and other things I'm doing for FE2/SF2. Perhaps in the future as a pleasant side-project once I find more free time.

Happy WOTRing,
Von S smile

EDIT: Tried loading modified aircraft.cfg files for a Mk.II Hurri and Spit, also for an E7n BF109, via JSGME, but no luck - crashes WOTR and/or is unable to load the airplanes that way, if modified cfg files are used (most likely xfm - flight model files - are therefore locked in WOTR and cfg file modifications cause freezes, etc. - my assumption is that the cfg files point to locked/invisible xfm files). Oh well, was worth a shot. Happy flying all with stock WOTR - I'm sure that OBD will add higher/later Marks of the Hurri, Spit, BF109, etc., once they return to expanding WOTR.

NEWER EDIT: FM updates now available under separate, relevant thread.

Re: My mods - 04/15/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by VonS
Only noticed this thread now...stimulating stuff gents' - too bad that Chief disappeared. I would be interested in checking over his FM tweaks - but will be patient until/if he responds to Blade. I was thinking of doing some FM tweaks - perhaps to give us a Mk. II Hurri, also the Mk.II Spit, and perhaps the E.7 variant of the Bf-109 - but I've currently got my hands full with WOFF FM tweaks and other things I'm doing for FE2/SF2. Perhaps in the future as a pleasant side-project once I find more free time.

Happy WOTRing,
Von S smile

That'd be awesome VonS i love your WOFF work,any work on WOTR would be very much welcomed mate.

Re: My mods - 05/06/20 06:56 PM

The air files are not locked VonS. I think something else is going on there, but note we do not use .xfm files in WOTR.
(Maybe delete bdp?). For example if you used Airwrench 2 it should work, and will modify both .cfg and .air file.
Posted By: VonS

Re: My mods - 05/07/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Polovski
The air files are not locked VonS. I think something else is going on there, but note we do not use .xfm files in WOTR.
(Maybe delete bdp?). For example if you used Airwrench 2 it should work, and will modify both .cfg and .air file.

Thank you for this info. Pol - have been tinkering recently with a freeware variant of Airwrench - called AirEditor - and I've been able to modify .air files that way - will also look to see if AirEditor modifies the .cfg files as well. Good to know.

Von S
© 2024 SimHQ Forums