homepage

Roll damp mod

Posted By: Hellshade

Roll damp mod - 04/27/19 03:18 PM

My hard drive got wiped and I have WOFF UE re-installed and it's working great, however when I re-downloaded and extracted the Roll mod from JJJ I can't find the .jar file that it says to click on to run the patcher.
I did download and install the latest version of Java, per the instructions. I bet I am missing the obvious, but I just can't find it.
Posted By: Adger

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/27/19 03:58 PM

Cant remember but is it part of Triple J,s multimod pal?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4348058/woff-ue-multimod#Post4348058

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/27/19 04:20 PM

Sorry mate i misunderstood..the roll mod is on the Triple J Java applets on the mod page..Ive just redownloaded unzipped and alls fine at my end. I click on the Fm patcher Jar and it applies 649 files. I wonder if your anti virus is deleting the Jar file?

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/27/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Adger
Sorry mate i misunderstood..the roll mod is on the Triple J Java applets on the mod page..Ive just redownloaded unzipped and alls fine at my end. I click on the Fm patcher Jar and it applies 649 files. I wonder if your anti virus is deleting the Jar file?

I turned off the anti-virus but same thing. Strange. frown

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/28/19 01:33 AM

Very strange mate,I use Kaspersky exclusively and it downloads and unzips all required files.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/28/19 06:48 AM

Sorry to hear that, Todd.
Can you try to disable temporary antiirus and download it again from this link: Roll_mod_2.2.rar ?
Unrared Roll mod folder then should look like this:
[Linked Image]

Attached picture Screen_4.jpg

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/28/19 11:02 AM

Well I figured out the first problem. I had .jar files associated with my zip extraction utility program for some strange reason. I changed .jar to open with java and at least now it matches what you show in your picture, Jara. That said, now when I click on the FM_Patcher, it opens a window and closes it instantaneously. No message that the FMs have been updated. Any ideas what (else) I am doing wrong?
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/28/19 11:31 AM

I do not have an idea, Todd. Maybe uncorrect installation of Java, missing Java library(ies), Windows safety settings, antivirus, etc. etc.
I do not have any experience with Java running in Windows 10 environment.

Re: Roll damp mod - 04/28/19 11:33 AM

Thanks, Jara. Plenty of possibilities. I will sort it out. I tried both 32 bit and 64 bit java but same results for both. Anti-virus is off. Maybe Windows settings. There's a solution around here somewhere. smile

Thanks again for this mod. It really is amazing for adding to the feeling of flight when watching the other aircraft.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums