homepage

Winging It Up

Posted By: DBond

Winging It Up - 03/20/19 02:26 PM

A thread to coordinate multiplayer combat (and other assorted nefarious activities) Hopefully we will do it more than once! Then this wouldn't be much of a thread would it? biggrin

OK, to start it off, we are planning some combat tomorrow night, 3/21. Time TBD, but probably around 6 or 7 eastern?

Let's pick a spot, up for suggestions. Where's the good bounty hunting at the mo?

Undecided on which ship. Either the FDL or Krait. FDL's further along the engineering path, so probably that.

Open to all. The more the deadlier, as they say.

Posted By: Recluse

Re: Winging It Up - 03/20/19 02:39 PM

Tomorrow morning there should be new Community Goals announced. Often there is a Bounty Hunting CG, so that might be a good place to go if one pops up. Good for the Credit Balance too... Otherwise, any system with some HIGH/HAZ res will work.

Usually there are folks hanging out on the SIMHQ Teamspeak, so even if there is no response to this thread, show up on TS3 and odds are it will be easy to get a Wing together.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/20/19 02:40 PM

What the best logistical plan? Recluse, can we use your PG? Is it best to join a wing? Any bonuses or advantages to doing that? More/shared XP for example?

If you'd rather keep your PG private I can create one too.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/20/19 02:41 PM

Oops, posted at the same time. yes a CG would be ideal.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/20/19 02:52 PM

All of the "usual suspects" are in Nephilim's PG so we usually all join that one. Then we wing up as necessary. Wings are maxed out at 4. It is DEFINITELY beneficial to wing up. That way all Wing Members get the FULL BOUNTY from the hapless target providing they get at least one shot in. Otherwise it is pretty much every man for himself, and I believe the only person to get the bounty is the LAST one to get a shot in before the target dies.

If people are not in the NEPHILIM PG, and he isn't around to authorize, anyone can host a PG.

Also beneficial to make sure you have key binds for the:

Target Wingman 1,2,3 (by default 7,8,9)
and Target Wingman's Target (by default: 0 (zero))

This makes finding each other and finding and synchronizing targets much easier. Most of us also have HEALING BEAM Lasers which when shot at a WING MEMBER will regenerate shields. If not in a wing, they will act as regular weapons.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/20/19 03:06 PM

OK perfect, thanks. We'll see if there's a close CG tomorrow and go from there.

If anyone not in Neph's PG wants in, let us know as soon as you can.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 12:29 PM

I'll show up in the FDL I think. Got my shields shot away in my new Krait the other night, which in PvE, hasn't happened since...well, I don't know when.

So I'll bring the FDL smile

Hopefully the new CG is close. The FDL has short legs. Depending on where it is, it could take a while to get there. Actually, I'd really like to take it to the Dweller first, but I'll have to see if it's on the way. I'm up for CZs and CNBs too.

Copy that, regarding mapping wingman stuff.

Is anyone interested in Scout hunting? I want to do this, but want to do it with a wingman.
Posted By: Bohemond

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 01:06 PM

I should be able to log on tonight. Always down for some death and hatred.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 01:14 PM

Awesome, we have a wing! And can have one more if anyone's up for it.

Shared full bounties are cool. It would be too much to expect that kill XP is shared too right?

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 01:43 PM

I never really tracked that, so can’t answer. If I had to guess, I’d say full do too. Since cash is full payout.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 01:53 PM

Thanks. I was misguided. I was thinking that if you and I are in a wing, and you shoot down that guy, and I shoot down this guy, we get bounties for each.

But I read up on it and each pilot needs to get some damage on each ship to claim the bounty. Not the 'final' damage like before, but at least some. I was thinking I'd get credit for your kills even if I didn't shoot at them just by being in a wing.

So it's all about ganging up and piling on.
Posted By: DM

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 01:58 PM

By "damage" do you mean damage to hulls or does shield depletion count?

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 02:02 PM

That's a great question, and something I've paid close attention to in my SP bounty hunting. I believe not only does it require hull damage, but a certain percentage or amount. I have failed to get bounty credit on ships where I shot away the shield, but did no hull damage. And I've also shot away small amounts of hull and received no credit.

So my conclusion is you need to damage the hull, and more than just a little bit smile
Posted By: DM

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 02:26 PM

As far as I've seen, if you get the killing shot in solo (or maybe a sizable portion of hull damage + killing shot) you get the kill, but I was wondering what counts as relevant damage when you're a member of a wing.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 02:32 PM

I would say it's the same. But I'd also say that the killing shot is not enough, if it falls under whatever the threshold for 'enough' damage is. I've landed the killing shot, say the last 1% many times and failed to get the bounty.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 02:43 PM

No.. When you are in a wing, all you need to do is get a shot in.... First, middle, last, doesn't matter. Get a hit, get a bounty (once it is dead, of course, at the hands of your Wingmates, or the authorities, or another AI)

It is often an easy thing to bounty hunt in a HIGH RES where there are cops around. All you have to do is get a shot in and let the cops do the rest. DON'T HIT A COP, THOUGH..... I have always done this in PG (even if I was all alone) I don't know if SOLO acts differently.

BTW.... NO CG this week or until further notice according to the Frontier Forum:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/480541-No-Community-Goals-again-this-week

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 02:57 PM

That was from a week ago so I'm hoping has run it's course. Any combat will do though. My motivation is rank, so a CNB would be good since it spawns lots of high level NPCs. But I'm up for anything.

Where are you guys based at the moment? Or where is the ship you'll be bringing? Maybe we can find a spot somewhat equidistant for all of us.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 03:05 PM

I'm at Shinrarta Dezhra with my Combat Anaconda. Fitted the Guardian FSB, so I have a 39 LY jump range. Should be able to get to wherever we decide to go.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 03:32 PM

At Shin also. There’s a CNB at LTT 4497, one jump from Shin in my ‘vette. 16 ly maybe, been farming there for 2 weeks. Lots of Elite bad guys. The downside is that no orbitals, just terrestrial ports and about 2.5 ls away.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 03:46 PM

That sounds good, thanks for the suggestion.

Shinrarta is just 75 LY from Wyrd, so I could hop on, hit the Dweller and meet you guys at either Shinrarta (I can get in there now ya know biggrin ) or at the CNB.

No orbitals isn't ideal, but only need to land there at the end (or take the Interstellar hit). I don't have billions like you guys, but hundreds of millions, and that's plenty. So I'm not too concerned about the bounties. I just want to kill lots of Elite whips.

To make it all less painful I will be mounting a GFSDB and then will swap it for a MRP/HRP at a nearby station.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 03:46 PM

Worth a shot. Can always jump back to Jameson for repairs if needed and still turn in the bounties at the Planetary Port when ready.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 04:03 PM

I’ll nose around a bit when I get home from work in a couple of hours. See if I can find another CNB that’s a little better with regards to stations. Worse comes to worst, the Haz Res’s at I Carinae are usually good producers. CNB’s, I’ve found to be better at spawning elites. Either way, as long as I can blast something.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bohemond
Either way, as long as I can blast something.

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Haha, good stuff Bo.

Yes, if you would do some recon that would be appreciated. I'll be coming by way of Wyrd. Jump range will be about 29 so have pity smile

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 04:27 PM

There's always the hope that you'll
Find those Void Opals,
And far from the stations
It's about Explorations,
But what good is Hard Point fitting
If you're only doing Jump Range Kitting?
Engineering the weapons and Shield Gens too,
Means the very best fun is about the PEW! PEW!

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 04:31 PM

Bravo! Encore!

dance

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 06:07 PM

Using Elite Dangerous Utilities shows several CNB's within 100 LY of Shin. Once we all hook up on TS and in game, we can pick one. We figure out a time yet?

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 06:22 PM

I'll be on by 6:30 eastern at the latest.

All systems with Civil War should have a CNB right?

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 06:42 PM

I might be a bit later - 7:00 pm Eastern. Feel free to start without me..

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by DBond
I'll be on by 6:30 eastern at the latest.

All systems with Civil War should have a CNB right?

not so sure bout that, dont believe so.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Recluse
Feel free to start without me..

I'll be jumpin' without you. Can you write a poem about that? biggrin

I'll be jumpin' without you
I'll be in with a shout soon
The system is just out of view

Gotta stop by the Dweller
Such a fine fella
To engineer a laser or two

I'm in it to win it
Be there in a minute
For some good old fashioned Pew-pew.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 06:56 PM

OK, copy Bohemond. I thought that's how it worked, but maybe that's just CZs.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 08:31 PM

tuner :bananadance cheers :

Re: Winging It Up - 03/21/19 10:07 PM

Eurybia has a CNB and a large orbital, 97 ly from Shin
Plus home to engineer Liz Ryder

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 01:25 AM

Thanks gentlemen, that was a blast. Lots of fun. Great group.

I think if I had done that much killing of high level ships in solo I would have progressed 3 or 5 percent easy. So either it doesn't work right (or as we expect), or XP is shared. In all I turned in 5.1 mil.

Edit: With you guys using the KWS I actually still have a lot of bounties on board, that I didn't turn in at the IF.

Didn't lose a ring on the shields, as you guys attract all the attention in your beast ships lol.

Hope to do it again soon.

Hey Bo, wanna race for slips?

[Linked Image]

Bo and Recluse help each other out restoring shields. That's one busy HUD!

[Linked Image]

Attached picture raceforslips.jpg
Attached picture heal.jpg

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 12:41 PM

Wow, not used to seeing my ship like that! Was fun last nite after I finally found a decent system with a CNB. Next time, I’ll have to do better due diligence before we all hook up. Re xp: maybe we actually split the amounts seeing’s how we each only went up 1% or so. Further research required

A qwik google search confirms xp is split amongst all including not fighter pilots. So we each got 1/4 xp per kill last nite.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 12:53 PM

Recluse has a nice paint job smile

XP has to be split. I wrote 'shared', but split is what I mean.

Check this....

"Thanks for contacting us. When it comes to combat, all XP is shared equally amongst crew and/or wing members involved.

Example:

You kill an enemy alone, you get 100% of the XP.
You kill an enemy with a crew member, you get 50% and the crew member gets 50%.
You kill an enemy with 2 crew members, that's 33.3% each.
If you kill an enemy with 2 crew members and 1 wing mate, 25% each.
If you kill an enemy with 2 crew members and 1 wing mate who also has 2 crew members, that's then a 6-way split of the XP.

All of this is assuming everyone has the same combat rank. The lower ranked players or crew will receive a higher cut proportionally than the higher ranked pilots.

Even when you reach Elite rank your XP continues to rise so no, there's no way to have a crew member and not have to split your rewards with them. "

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nce?p=6179692&viewfull=1#post6179692

So not only are we losing XP for winging it up, but each of the crew members is taking some from each player as well.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 12:53 PM

Hah, we posting simultaneously D!!!

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 12:57 PM

So the takeaway is thus, winging is good for credits and mat farming. Solo is good for combat ranking. Frankly, I still prefer wing action regardless, much more enjoyable imho. I figure the rank will come regardless, neh?

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 12:57 PM

I post so much it's inevitable smile

Frankly, I still prefer wing action regardless, much more enjoyable imho

Me too. And the pay is good smile

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 12:58 PM

Lol!

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 04:58 PM

Oh that splitting of XP sucks... bad enough that I have a crewmember, I would guess that the vast majority of the Combat rank I have comes from WING Bounty Hunting. When in a smaller ship, trying to SOLO big ELITE targets is a losing proposition....but I am going to have to try some SOLO hunting if I am ever going to get to ELITE.

By the way, the only reason I have an ANACONDA is because Frontier was giving away that GALNET paint job for free (with continued subscription to their newsletter). Once I had the Paint Job, I had to buy the SHIP to go with it. Otherwise, I was never interested in the Anaconda. I had planned to go up to a Corvette when credits allowed. I find that I like the Anaconda very much, though! Thanks to Void Opal Mining, I can afford a CORVETTE as well, but haven't been pushed to get one. Also not looking forward to all the re-engineering. I think a lot of the Anaconda modules will transfer to a CORVETTE, which would help some, but when I bought the Anaconda, I was going crazy getting all the needed materials and Engineer visits to bring it up to spec.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 05:14 PM

Funny, Recluse. I’ve got the same paint job. Skipped the ‘conda for now, I figure the skin will be there when I do get it.
Engineering is part of what keeps me from getting a new ship. Data and manufactured mats are no problem, it’s the #%&*$# raws that gives me fits.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 05:26 PM

Maybe some new paints jobs is all I need smile

Gotta say, this XP deal on wings is a kick in the pants. I basically don't care about money any more. I have over a billion in assets. But I really want to hit triple Elite. Cooperative play should have a bonus attached, not a nerf.

Last night we were highly selective with the rank of ships we killed. It had to be 60% Elite at least yeah? I turned in 5 mil for 1% rank.

The night before, I found less Elite ships, turned in 2 million and gained 3 %. It's sh!t design. I would happily trade split bounties for split XP.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 05:36 PM

Funny, Recluse. I’ve got the same paint job. Skipped the ‘conda for now, I figure the skin will be there when I do get it.
Engineering is part of what keeps me from getting a new ship. Data and manufactured mats are no problem, it’s the #%&*$# raws that gives me fits.

Just the opposite for me!!! The RAWS I don't mind at all...but the pesky Manufactured stuff like CONDUCTIVE COMPONENTS, CONDUCTIVE CERAMICS, HEAT RESISTANT CERAMICS, IMPROVISED COMPONENTS drive me crazy. Listed as STANDARD, COMMON or RARE (except for VERY RARE Improvised components) they are still hard to find and the exchange rate at the Brokers is painful...

Too bad there is no way to jettison MATS or I would definitely mine RAW materials for you in exchange for manufactured ones!!

Originally Posted by DBond

Gotta say, this XP deal on wings is a kick in the pants. I basically don't care about money any more. I have over a billion in assets. But I really want to hit triple Elite. Cooperative play should have a bonus attached, not a nerf.

YES.. as mentioned on that forum thread you linked, Frontier seems to go out of their way to mess up the Mulitplayer experience. The Full Bounties for each Wing Member is good, though. Really helps kickstart new players with less capable ships. Of course, back in the day, that was SPLIT also, and was still a good source of starter credits.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 05:47 PM

You're right Recluse, the money is helpful for new players. But that isn't me any more. Everything makes money in this game! Money's the one thing (after a bit) that we have plenty of. I had a great time winging it up with you guys, and I want to do more. But in the back of my mind I will think about how I would have ranked up faster if I had done it alone and that's not good at all. Now, if you guys fired your minions.....

I'm with Recluse about the mats. It's the manufactured stuff that bogs me down. I wake scan all the time (data) and make regular SRV runs (raw), but the manufactured stuff is the worst. Especially the G5 stuff. That would be wonderful if we could trade among ourselves.

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 07:24 PM

There was something in that thread that suggested that if you leave the Fighter Pilot INACTIVE, you don't share XP. For CREDITS, it doesn't matter whether they are ACTIVE or INACTIVE, but obviously Frontier has separated XP and CREDITS in this scenario so MAYBE it is true...

Re: Winging It Up - 03/22/19 10:39 PM

Wow, not used to seeing my ship like that!

A different perspective

[Linked Image]

Or how about this biggrin

[Linked Image]

And one of Recluse in his smart whip

[Linked Image]

I fly with a wider FOV, but when I lean forward to hit the screenshot button it gets narrower.

Attached picture newbo.jpg
Attached picture newbo2.jpg
Attached picture recluse.jpg

Re: Winging It Up - 04/10/19 02:33 PM

Hey Wingnuts, have plans for tomorrow? Want or willing to do the Lavian Brandy thing?
Posted By: WingNuts01

Re: Winging It Up - 04/10/19 04:00 PM

Thursday no problem. What time you thinking?

Re: Winging It Up - 04/10/19 04:41 PM

Same as usual. Up to you though. I can be on by 6:30 eastern

Re: Winging It Up - 04/10/19 06:25 PM

See you then I'll probably get over earlier. Remember a collector controller and 5-7 limpets for collecting. We both buy max loads then I'll meet you outside station to transfer. I'll go back and get whatever remaining quantity you need and transfer to you. I think the rebuy cycle is 10 or 15 minutes. I have an idea how to short circuit that though. we'll see if it works

Re: Winging It Up - 04/10/19 06:46 PM

I'm pickin' up what you're putting down (double entendre, love those)

I want to get as much as possible, because anything above 50 can be used to boost access.

But 50'll do.

Re: Winging It Up - 04/11/19 07:28 PM

Once I get home I need to install TS3 and set up the mic/headset. Shouldn't take long but could delay me a bit. I suspect it'll be swiftly dealt with.

And I may do some module swapping to maximize cargo space. I'll be showing up in Poison Whiskey. Its so versatile! smile

Re: Winging It Up - 04/11/19 11:12 PM

Wingy, Got it working. I'm in game now, but no worries if you're on to something else.

I got the stick working. I kept trying different USB ports. The thing is, in some of them, Win 10 saw the stick and the pop-up window confirmed it. But CCP wouldn't. A couple of slot swaps later CCP did. Like I said to you and Neph, this new box/mainboard has I think three different types of USB ports, but not all seem to like the Cougar.

I went back in to Elite but my custom binds were gone. I checked the appdata folder and there they were. So why wouldn't Elite load them? FDev just bought a month's worth of grace period from me because they coded it to produce a file that tells you why your binds didn't load! Bless their socks.

I had disconnected the X Box controller that I use for FSS/DSS and that meant my custom binds wouldn't appear because I didn't have all of the needed controllers hooked up. Derrr

So I'll fly back to Dvorsi now, and get the Krait ready and see if you pop back in.

Thanks to you and Neph for the help.
Posted By: JohnnyChemo

Re: Winging It Up - 04/11/19 11:49 PM

Given the age of the Cougar, I avoid pluggin mine into USB 3.0 ports personally. I have a newer Corsair keyboard that doesn’t play nice with 3.0 too.

Re: Winging It Up - 04/12/19 01:18 AM

That's good advice JC. I need to see which port is what and be sure I hook things up where they would be best suited.

The booze buying session went great. Grade 5 access now with Didi Vatermann, which means G5 boosters. Sweet! Thanks for the help and advice from everyone on tonight.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 01:32 AM

Good session tonight, thanks Wingnuts and Bohemond (and Neph for the PG). Got some good mats, which was the initial goal. Got enough Proto Heat Radiators to work some beams yo biggrin

But it soon devolved in to killing stuff, which it must be said netted some really good mats, so the best of both worlds, killing stuff, and stuff.

My Krait is not, shall we say, tuned for combat. But she held her own (I didn't die). But ya gotta dance with what ya brung.

A couple of screens from tonight's action

A look out the portside at Bohemond's Corvette cooking in the sun. His minions work in tandem evidently.

[Linked Image]

Another unfortunate end

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Bosun.jpg
Attached picture boom.jpg

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 11:21 AM

Has yet another enjoyable time last night. Glad you scored on the mats you needed. And, we got to test out mats gathering both in wing and out. Now at least we have a better understanding of that mechanic. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 12:30 PM

I didn't even bother turning in my claims. But that was fun, and quite productive. Finished my Courier's beams yay.

I'm sure today came fast for ya Bo smile

Good to see Wingy back in the groove too.

Despite all that killing, my rank bumped a single point. That's the only negative about it. I sure wish that would move at a faster rate when winging up. I've said before that I don't care about the money. But if the rank ticked along a little faster that would be swell. Now at 61% Dangerous. Getting there, but a long road to hoe. After you jumped out the instance was chock full of Deadlys and Elites. Elite Eagles by the pound.

For the future I reckon there's no reason for Wingy to play spotter and medic while leaving the shooting to us. It just won't make enough of a difference in rank progression for him to be hitting them too, or not (if it does in the first place)

One of these get-togethers I would like to look in to hunting down some T-9s for mats.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 03:26 PM

And I wanted to mention that last night I tried both methods of scanning the system to reveal the USSs. Scan the nav beacon, or use the FSS. I'll stick with the nav beacon, although I like the FSS. I found the nav beacon was a little faster on average. You need to navigate to it, then drop and scan it, which takes time. So in systems with few signals the FSS may be faster still.

But the beacon is complete, it reveals every signal, so no worries you might be missing one. And in systems with many signals, I think it's just a better way to go about it.

The nav beacon also has the added advantage of being filled with targets. So a quick look might reveal a wanted T-9 or Conda and provide some mats that way too.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 04:21 PM

If I’m goin in system, I scan the Nav. If I’m just passing thru, I FSS it. Of course if I’m just in transit , I’m generally not worried about scanning the USS’s.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 05:09 PM

Yeah, makes sense. I was referring specifically to how you go about finding all the USSs in a system like the HGEs we were looking for last night.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 05:10 PM

On hunting T-9's, we need to locate a Anarchy system, high population, in famine and go to the "Distribution Center". Plenty of T-9's and they repopulate after we kill'em off. Bring a wake scanner for those "Data Mined Wake" scans as well.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 05:13 PM

Gotcha, Nav beacon all the way. Then, after 15-30 minutes, I’d go to the FSS when new USS’s spawn if I was staying in system. farming HGE’s

Re: Winging It Up - 05/10/19 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by WingNuts01
On hunting T-9's, we need to locate a Anarchy system, high population, in famine and go to the "Distribution Center". Plenty of T-9's and they repopulate after we kill'em off. Bring a wake scanner for those "Data Mined Wake" scans as well.

Good call, get on that ! neaner

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 12:53 PM

According to EDDB there are no systems meeting the anarchy and famine requirements? I searched and got nada.

Hey Wingnuts, ever fancy taking your Courier out for some combat? Dual Couriers yay.

Bohemond, do you own a small fighter? Viper, Eagle, Courier sort of things? I don't think you do. I could just look on Inara eh?

Why yes you do. A Sidewinder!

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 12:57 PM

Yup, I checked last nite. Nada with those attributes.
Negative on the small fighter, D. Been toying with the idea of rebuying a Vulture tho.

Sideys dont count nope

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 01:12 PM

You probably still have all the modules from your Vulture eh?

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 01:16 PM

That’s a negative, Ghostrider. Sold my Vulture before I went down the rabbit hole. Only thing holding me back is the dearth of hard points on it. The power issue I can ameliorate with engineering somewhat.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 01:38 PM

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, who wants to start over right?

What weapons would you put on it if you did?

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 01:43 PM

That’s the rub. With only 2 large hp’s, prolly a pair of long range PA’s. I’d have to Coriolis it and see if it’s even feasible. I’m pretty stringent on my ship attributes, especially jump range and shields. The V being so power constrained is a pia.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 02:19 PM

It works! Threw this together between customers. No idea what experimentals you'd want on PAs, never used them.

But this is a reasonable combat crate.

Vulture PA mockup

Good speed, good jump, good shields and integrity

Might be too hot?

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 02:28 PM

https://s.orbis.zone/32mj
This is what I've come up with so far. Not optimal.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 02:49 PM

I just thought some small-ship combat might be fun. A wing of uberCouriers would be cool smile

My Courier four-pips faster than the Vulture can boost smile

I flew it again in a high RES in Exioce last night. Bumped the rank 4 points which is great. But more than that I am having so much fun doing this in the Courier. It's like a jet fighter. The cockpit imparts that vibe, but the ridiculous handling does too. After flying my half-done Krait the other night with you guys, getting back in the Courier was awesome. So glad I built this ship.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 03:54 PM

Maybe something like this?
https://s.orbis.zone/32nm

Heat spikes would prolly be an issue firing.

Re: Winging It Up - 05/11/19 04:37 PM

Yeah, that's what I am talking about. I gotta say the Courier build was much more fun than any other ship I've built. Just such an interesting synergy when you're trying to balance speed, protection and firepower within the Courier's limitations. And fun to fly, but I might have mentioned that.

I hope you don't mind, but I want to shift the Courier build talk over to the Courier build thread. I'll make a post there shortly. #%&*$# customers keep getting in the way of my Coriolis work biggrin
© 2024 SimHQ Forums