homepage

Audio Crash

Posted By: JackMaga

Audio Crash - 05/07/19 04:45 PM

Hi all!
New player here... just getting the hang of the plane in the training mission in the campaing.
I'me having however a consistent audio crash every time I finish a mission and exit via Ctrl+Q and the Enter. The game runs perfectly and I'm brought to the debriefing screen, and I'ma able to continue the campaing without any graphical or gameplay problem.
However the audio freezes and I keep hearing a short loop of the ambient sound that were playing in the mission when I quit.
I tried to swith off music and video in the campaign without result. DirectX 9 are installed. I've also ran cthe "regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll" command as suggested by HarryH in the sticky post "crash after Crtl Q = ending campaign". I had no results, and this happens every time I quit a mission so it's very annoying since it forces me to restart the PC to get rid of it. My soundcard is a Xonar with up to date drivers.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Audio Crash - 05/08/19 04:22 PM

Welcome. WOFF plays pretty standard wavs and we have no known bugs with sound crashing currently.

Maybe something else is interfering Anti Virus?
Disable all Mods, make sure you disable any other background tools (Video/GPU tools, Afterburner, sound tools, utilities that may capture keys and so on).
Try an older drive on your sound card perhaps.

I used to have an Asus sound card 2 or 3 years back and eventually got rid of it due to various issues with various games.

Also it could be a conflict with other sound cards (on board motherboard? Check it's disabled).
Posted By: HarryH

Re: Audio Crash - 05/11/19 06:40 AM

Hi there, the old problem was with DShow and has since been resolved. Your issue sounds more soundcard-specific. You might try uninstalling the Xonar software / drivers and reinstalling them. Alternatively, if you have audio on the motherboard, try switching over to that and see if the same issue persists.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums