homepage

Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch

Posted By: CaptSopwith

Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/24/18 08:16 PM

Hey Pol,

I hate to follow up with the post on BitDefender but Windows Defender also refuses the 4.21 patch - it's flagging it as a high security threat and will not allow the patch to install. Just wanted to give you a head's up.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/24/18 08:21 PM

The WOFF FAQ has repeatedly stated over the years that you need to turn off Windows Defender when installing any of the official WOFF games or patches because it does not like it.

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/24/18 08:29 PM

Hey PR - hope you're doing well. Weird - I hadn't had this happen before and never bothered to disable the anti-virus in Windows 10. First time I've hit this one. Thanks for letting me know.

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/24/18 11:18 PM

It does not always stop the patches, but when it does, you just have to disable or exempt the WOFF items to get it to install again.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/29/18 09:33 AM

False positive.

Repeat

wink

We reported it as a false positve a couple of weeks back, as per all the other threads on this stuff is is a false positve.

Update your AV signatures.

If still a problem report is as a false positive. They will clear it.

The onty time you will see a virus, is if your system itself already has a virus and infects WOFF wink

Bitdefender is one of the worst for this, and MS Defender / MSE has caused several problems.
As I said in the stick post some of the AV vendors they SHARE virus data, so when one gets falsely flagged suddenly others also say it's one days later.

(whilst 50 still say it isnt).

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4387514/virus-in-wofftoolbox-exe#Post4387514

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/29/18 03:48 PM

Hiya Pol - I solved it using PR's suggestions. Just switched Real Time Protection off for a minute, ran the patch, then switched it back on. All OBD directories, including App Roaming, etc, are set to be excluded so all is good now.

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/29/18 07:40 PM

CaptSopwith:
You have done exactly what I have had to do for years to circumvent Windows Defender and WOFF. thumbsup

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 10/29/18 07:54 PM

Yeah that will do it smile

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 11/06/18 05:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Windows Defender Flagging Latest Patch - 11/06/18 05:47 PM

Hours go by, thanks MS..
© 2024 SimHQ Forums