homepage

When/How is CFC3 ownership checked?

Posted By: Akmatov

When/How is CFC3 ownership checked? - 12/04/17 08:53 AM

After posting my issue with DX9 not installing, I ran WOFF out of curiosity. Seemed to run with no problem up until I tried to go to the airfield. There I was told I had not verified CFS3 ownership and did a CTD.

Did a word search in the FAQ/Install document and found nothing other than: Note although you need Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3 for licensing, you no longer physically need to insert CFS3’s CD, or to install it, for the install or running of WOFF UE

Please advise on how to complete this part of the installation.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: When/How is CFC3 ownership checked? - 12/04/17 07:05 PM

You need DX9 installed as per the WOFF UE FAQ anyway, but not heard of that CSF3 error I'd need to see the exact wording. Maybe send all the files in Logs folder and all the info as requested in the last two pages of the FAQ to the support email.
We will need a screenshot of the exact error too.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/index_html_files/FAQ%20WOFF%20UE.pdf
Posted By: Akmatov

Re: When/How is CFC3 ownership checked? - 12/04/17 07:18 PM

I'll get started on creating the required documentation, but still curious how is the ownership of CFS3 verified. I dug up my original in the old paper box and never saw any request for info.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: When/How is CFC3 ownership checked? - 12/05/17 10:48 AM

From the FAQ Install Mini Guide, page 4:.

"Note although you need Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3 for licensing, you no longer physically need to insert CFS3’s CD, or to install it, for the install or running of WOFF UE."
© 2024 SimHQ Forums