homepage

WOFF newspaper

Posted By: hoongadoonga

WOFF newspaper - 06/14/19 04:17 PM

I recently got a new PC and was out of action while the 4.22 and 4.23 patches were released. I've installed the game and patched it to v4.23. Everything is working great except for one small oddity - the fonts used in WOFF news. This is the newspaper that occasionally appears in campaign mode. It has one section on the left with a news article and another section on the right with notices of which historical ace died on this date. Now the text in the left section is quite small, but still readable. The text in the right section seems to be the same size as before. The font style in both sections appears to be different than it used to be.

At first I wondered if this was related to the news mod that I use. I disabled all mods but I still get the same results with stock WOFF.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I reinstall?
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: WOFF newspaper - 06/14/19 05:13 PM

My news mod doesn't play with the fonts at all, so I think you are correct that it is something other than that. Hope you can track the problem down ... that's a weird one!
Posted By: HarryH

Re: WOFF newspaper - 06/14/19 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by hoongadoonga
I recently got a new PC and was out of action while the 4.22 and 4.23 patches were released. I've installed the game and patched it to v4.23. Everything is working great except for one small oddity - the fonts used in WOFF news. This is the newspaper that occasionally appears in campaign mode. It has one section on the left with a news article and another section on the right with notices of which historical ace died on this date. Now the text in the left section is quite small, but still readable. The text in the right section seems to be the same size as before. The font style in both sections appears to be different than it used to be.

At first I wondered if this was related to the news mod that I use. I disabled all mods but I still get the same results with stock WOFF.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I reinstall?

Yes, noticed the same thing today...
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: WOFF newspaper - 06/15/19 03:15 PM

I had a look here and, yes, it seems the font has been changed to a smaller version.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: WOFF newspaper - 06/15/19 03:21 PM

On the other hand, that font look now much more crisp in the claims. I assume it’s the same changed font there as well.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: WOFF newspaper - 06/15/19 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 77_Scout
I had a look here and, yes, it seems the font has been changed to a smaller version.

+1
Ref. to attached picture[Linked Image]

Attached picture Screenshot_9.jpg
© 2024 SimHQ Forums