homepage

WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available

Posted By: Polovski

WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 12:45 PM

Hi Guys,

A new update to V4.23 is available.
Only a couple of extra fixes but quite important to install this.

Please see the Sticky Post
Posted By: Adger

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 02:47 PM

Thanks guys thumbsup
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 05:01 PM

Many thanks...
Posted By: HarryH

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Polovski
Hi Guys,

A new update to V4.23 is available.
Only a couple of extra fixes but quite important to install this.

Please see the Sticky Post

Was rather hoping the fix to get the Mission Editor working again was on your side, but looks like it's not. Did you change the way mission files get parsed or something?

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 05:34 PM

There are new elements in the mission, I am sure JJJ can see those when he looks. We don't fix or make the mods sorry too much to do!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 06:06 PM

S!
Posted By: OldHat

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 08:42 PM

Thank you for the free plane and big update.

Manual editing of mission files still work as I am able to insert my moded plane, change waypoints, formations, weather, time, etc... in the campaign without any problems.

Attached picture v4.23.jpg

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 11:34 PM

There are new elements in the mission, I am sure JJJ can see those when he looks. We don't fix or make the mods sorry too much to do!

Thanks Pol. Much appreciated.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 05/31/19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldHat
Thank you for the free plane and big update.

Manual editing of mission files still work as I am able to insert my moded plane, change waypoints, formations, weather, time, etc... in the campaign without any problems.

... directly editing the .xml file, yes. I've just grown dependent on the ME's ability to enable BB's custom clouds / weather as well as set the BT mod. Not to mention the pilot backup feature has save me more than once wink
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 07:04 AM

Sorry to hijack this topic, but ME update is on the way, waiting just for code compilation that would be possible after my return from vacation on Monday wink .
Posted By: gaw1

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 12:26 PM

Pol.........there are a bunch of mods and shuffling them in and out via JGSME is easy enough.....but with these new patches are there mods we DON'T need to fuss with any more? ...Things you may have incorporated already that would make activating some mods redundant if not deleterious?.... Thx

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by gaw1
Pol.........there are a bunch of mods and shuffling them in and out via JGSME is easy enough.....but with these new patches are there mods we DON'T need to fuss with any more? ...Things you may have incorporated already that would make activating some mods redundant if not deleterious?.... Thx

That question should be addressed to mods authors, not to OBD. As Pol stated, they are not responsible for any mods update/incompatibility issues or obsolescence.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JJJ65
Sorry to hijack this topic, but ME update is on the way, waiting just for code compilation that would be possible after my return from vacation on Monday wink .

biggrin bananadance cheers
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 02:12 PM

Gaw1

In response to your question and on behalf of many modders let me try to explain our position.

1) It is often not evident to the modders all of the changes OBD makes to their updates. Often times they use generic comments such as "improved shaders".
What exactly changed in the shaders is not always known to us. A modder would then have to test his mod against the base software and try to identify whether or not his mod is redundant or not.

2) sometimes a modder stops contributing and is no longer available to alter his mods when necessary.

In summary, it is generally adviised that the user test the OBD updates with all mods deactivated and then begin to add them back one at a time to compare the results. If it looks good to you then keep it active.

I suspect most modders who are still active, will be testing their mods on all the new releases and making changes where they feel it is necessary, but keep in mind that it is a tedious search and compare process because we are not privy to all of the details that go into OBD releases.

I hope that helps explain the situation some.

Best Regards

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 02:22 PM

Thanks Robert.

Just adding to that: Pol already mentioned that there are new ground textures in the patch, so any ground texture mods might be better disabled.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by gaw1

BTW... "deleterious" - great word, Gaw!

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 03:05 PM

@Robert
thx for your explanation. Very well explained. thumbsup
@HarryH
I suppose texture/scenery changes will be contained in prepared addon. At least I did not find any scenery/texture changes in 4.22 update.
Posted By: gaw1

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 03:40 PM

thx indeed for the perspective....much obliged all. and I beg pardon for "deleterious".....I was stretching for something more resonant than"bad"
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 04:32 PM

HarryH:
Unfortunately the newest ground textures from the latest patch is dated from February 2018, so I do not know what new ground textures he is talking about ???

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 08:02 PM

Hmm, here's Pol's response from the other thread...

"Well put it this way, if you use the mod it will replace the new scenery.

Rivers mod no idea, maybe when the patch comes out, try it using JSGME and see if it's what you want. But we do not test mods or keep track, that's unreasonable to ask."

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 08:03 PM

what is the "new scenery" then I wonder?

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 08:13 PM

HarryH:
I think you misunderstood his term "new scenery".

The mod you are taking about should be the one I put together from OFF which uses the same exact tiles as WOFF, thus that would be the "old" tiles and the WOFF tiles would be the "new" tiles.

Actually, if you really want to talk about "new" tiles, then it would be the WOTR tiles. The WOTR green is a little more realistic than the WOFF tiles because the grass is a lighter color than the WOFF grass. Unfortunately, OBD has not completed all the tiles in WOTR that would allow a clean transfer from WOTR to WOFF yet.

I am assuming when OBD gives us the "Battle for France" they will have to complete all the continental tiles and thus we can use the WOTR tiles in WOFF for a more realistic green grass.
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by HarryH
what is the "new scenery" then I wonder?

I believe the new scenery is going to be in the add-on that they have in the works.

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/01/19 11:48 PM

Hellshade:
I sure hope it's true since the grass is a little to dark in WOFF to be realistic. It's more the color that you see in satellite photos that have to peer through all the atmosphere from space and give the pictures a darker shade of green.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/02/19 12:04 AM

YES, many Thanks.
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/02/19 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
Hellshade:
I sure hope it's true since the grass is a little to dark in WOFF to be realistic. It's more the color that you see in satellite photos that have to peer through all the atmosphere from space and give the pictures a darker shade of green.

That is actually pretty easy to change with reshade if you want to venture there - lot's of interesting tweaks that can be made - just discovered it myself. smile

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/02/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
HarryH:
I think you misunderstood his term "new scenery".

The mod you are taking about should be the one I put together from OFF which uses the same exact tiles as WOFF, thus that would be the "old" tiles and the WOFF tiles would be the "new" tiles.

Actually, if you really want to talk about "new" tiles, then it would be the WOTR tiles. The WOTR green is a little more realistic than the WOFF tiles because the grass is a lighter color than the WOFF grass. Unfortunately, OBD has not completed all the tiles in WOTR that would allow a clean transfer from WOTR to WOFF yet.

I am assuming when OBD gives us the "Battle for France" they will have to complete all the continental tiles and thus we can use the WOTR tiles in WOFF for a more realistic green grass.

Yes I think you are absolutely correct. I misunderstood. Thanks for explaining, PR

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/03/19 08:32 AM

New scenery update is in the next Add-On not in 4.22 or 4.23

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/03/19 12:16 PM

Pol:
Thank you, that is even better than I imagined. woot

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/03/19 09:53 PM

bananadance
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/09/19 12:39 PM

Pol, you guys are the best!

Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/10/19 04:28 PM

Nice rainy day. Sounds perfect for a little WW1 aviation...sex?
Is the another word for the awesomeness?
Posted By: jeanba

Re: WOFF ULTIMATE EDITION UPDATE to 4.23 Now Available - 06/11/19 12:58 PM

I will be happy to see what will be in the next addon smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums