homepage

Stupid questions thread

Posted By: jerbear

Stupid questions thread - 04/29/19 10:50 PM

I have always been leary of the Mods that don't say the are compatible with WOFF UE. Some of them make it plane, i.e. compatible with WOFF 1,2 and 3 but some just say WOFF. I found out recently that the user skins are fine to download even though they only say WOFF. I am looking, in particular at the Thunder and Lightening Mod by Panama Red. The page says it is compatible with WOFF, does that include UE in this case? rofl
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Stupid questions thread - 04/29/19 11:18 PM

Yes it is but be awRe that the ghunder and lightening mod does impact FPS significantly. Try it and if it is too heavy for your system you can remove it.

Best Regards
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Stupid questions thread - 04/30/19 12:21 AM

jerber:
Yes, it is an older mod, but still works with WOFF UE (the weather system has not changed since WOFF 1 was created).

But as Robert mentioned, it will impact your FPS if you do not have a strong enough CPU / GPU when ever there are lightning strikes..

The best thing I can say is try it and if it does not work, deactivate it (using JSGME) and you will have your answer for your particular PC set up.

Re: Stupid questions thread - 04/30/19 10:23 PM

Thanks much PRed and RW. I'll run it up the flagpole and see if it flies. Jerbear out
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/01/19 06:34 AM

I think the placement of lightning files ("LightningBolt.dds" and "LightningFlash.dds") to "preload.xml" could eliminate the FPS impact.

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/02/19 12:12 AM

I;ll give it a try.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/02/19 02:36 AM

Keep us posted.

The cloud mod also has lightning enabled by default, but you can disable it if you wish. Furthermore, with the cloud mod, the intensity of lightning flashes can vary from storm to storm, although I don't think anyone has noticed that yet. If the preloading trick works, I may consider adding an even higher intensity thunderstorm!

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/04/19 10:41 PM

Thanks Buckeye, downloaded the cloud mod. Will let you know how it goes.

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/05/19 01:52 AM

DONNER UND BLITZ [Linked Image]

Attached picture Shot05-04-19-18-09-13 lightening.jpg
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/05/19 01:15 PM

Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening!

Don't you know you shouldn't be flying in that stuff? wink
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/05/19 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening!

Don't you know you shouldn't be flying in that stuff? wink

Why not? P-47 and P-38 were great airframes.
(Magnifico)
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/05/19 02:59 PM

jerbear:
So how's the FPS stock lightning and thunder or did you "preload" both ???

Re: Stupid questions thread - 05/05/19 06:15 PM

It's the stock lightening. Haven't noticed any problems with the FPS. Thanks again all.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums