homepage

OT Pfalz Diiia

Posted By: MFair

OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/04/19 07:14 PM

Good day Gents. As my 1st WW1 model, Halberstadt, is finished, here is the cockpit and engine for the Pfalz Diiia. Taking what I learned from the last one, this one is going a bit smoother. Hope you enjoy it.
Mark

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/05/19 08:12 AM

Hi Mark,
Great job on the Pfalz cockpit and engine.
I particularly like the weathering on the engine - it looks as though it's been in the airframe for quite a while.
Are the guns 'Gaspatch' or did you roll the kit supplied photo-etch?
Keep em' coming,

Mike

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/05/19 10:33 AM

Thanks Mike. They are kit supplied rolled PE.

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/05/19 04:17 PM

Good job - I couldn't tell the difference notworthy
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/06/19 07:06 PM

MFair, it’s a great start! Which Jasta are you planning to paint it in?

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/06/19 09:42 PM

Fullofit, she will be Max Hitschler’s Pfalz of Jasta 18. Blue with red nose and 5 white stripes behind the fuselage. Thanks!
Mike, on the machine guns, that’s high praise coming from the master!
Posted By: carrick58

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/06/19 09:46 PM

Nice Job. Real sweet looking. The motor is a stand out. What Scale are u doing ?

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 04/06/19 11:50 PM

Thanks Carrick, she is a Wingnuts Wing Kit. 1/32 scale. Their kits are a far cry from the stuff I built as a kid.

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 05/28/19 10:22 PM

Good day Gents. The Pfalz Diiia is finished. She is fueled up and the mechanics, which are on break have everything ready to replace the engine cowlings and she is ready for a mission. My thanks again to Sandbagger for his help. When my figures arrive they will be placed next to the ladder but I'll call this one done. It has been fun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 05/29/19 02:23 PM

Great job Mark - the whole scene looks realistic and the rigging on the Pfalz and fuel cart sets it all off.
It'll look even better once your mechanics get back from their tea break :yep

Mike:
Posted By: Raine

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 05/29/19 08:13 PM

Wow, just wow. I've admired Sandbagger's masterworks from afar, yet looking at this as only your second effort, it seems like you've learned at the master's knee very quickly. Amazing work, Mark! I loved the model, but I must confess that the painting on the fuel drum and texturing of the cart wheels caught my eye due to the exceptional detail on a part of the scene that could easily have been overlooked.

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 05/29/19 09:11 PM

Mike, thank you very much! Praise from the Master is always welcome.
Raine, thank you Sir. Mike’s build logs of past models and his friendly advice has been a tremendous help.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 05/29/19 09:18 PM

Great looking Job. A well done Model. What color paint did U use for the Fuel Stains on the Cart ?

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 05/30/19 12:10 AM

Carrick, thank you Sir! Kudos are encouraging. I used Tamyia Clear Orange topped with Flory Brown Wash. nice stuff,
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 06/09/19 12:37 PM

Mark, a fantastic job, very well done indeed! Really a work of art. Looks like you've been studying Sandbagger's models and skills quite closely. Good on you Sir.

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 06/09/19 01:00 PM

I'm late to the thread Mark, but I have to also complement you on the excellent build.. I too very much like the weathering details.

Cudos!
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 06/10/19 01:50 AM

MFair, how did I miss this post? That is one good looking Pfalz! God job Mark. Have you got a new project lined up yet? How about a Fokker D.VI? winkngrin

Re: OT Pfalz Diiia - 06/12/19 12:27 AM

Thank you very much Gents! Yes Lou, I read Mikes build logs and he helped me the whole way. Next? Pup, tripehound or Alb but it will be a while before I get around to it. Thanks again mates.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums