homepage

A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide

Posted By: Hellshade

A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/30/19 12:10 PM

Found this while going through my hard drive and cleaning out some space. Olham made it as a graphical guide on how to setup the OFF: Hat in the Ring for best graphical and performance settings.

Attached picture Olham's-graphics-setup.jpg
Posted By: dutch

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/30/19 01:43 PM

If you want back to the memory lane, I suggest a trip to CombatACE
A much better forum then Simhq, but its is rather empty
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/30/19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by dutch
If you want back to the memory lane, I suggest a trip to CombatACE
A much better forum then Simhq, but its is rather empty

CombatAce does indeed have a ton of history on it. Main reason many folks came to SimHQ begrudgingly was for official WOFF UE announcements from the Devs. Those have been understandably quite sparse while WOTR was in development, and yet CombatACE never picked back up again. Folks either stayed here or moved on to other things. No reason the various DiD campaigns or other discussions couldn't have happened over there. They just didn't.
Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/30/19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Found this while going through my hard drive and cleaning out some space. Olham made it as a graphical guide on how to setup the OFF: Hat in the Ring for best graphical and performance settings.

Oh my God Hellshade! I remember that guide! Had it saved on my old computer as well! That truly is a blast from the past and reminded me how streamlined WOFF:UE really is as a product. That was quite the dance back in the day! Thanks for sharing that - if you come across any other goodies, do let us know!

Cheers mate, hope you are well my friend!
Posted By: CrimsonTide

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/31/19 03:10 PM

What happened to Olham? He was a great part of this community for many years.
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/31/19 03:56 PM

The last word I saw from him was that he did not like what was going on here at SimHQ and went back to CombatAce.
Posted By: Adger

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 03/31/19 04:07 PM

I believe he's been flying the BOX series of sims guys..Its been a few weeks since he posted over there though
Posted By: JFM

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 11:35 AM

I communicate with Olham nearly every day. He's doing well.

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 11:59 AM

BOX ??????????????
Posted By: JFM

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 01:34 PM

IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban, Battle of Bodenplatte. The "x" stands for those various different sim names. Also, Flying Circus, but of course that doesn't fit the acronym.

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 01:47 PM

BOX is the "Battle of X" series from the IL-2 studios. I haven't played any (my rig isn't anywhere near what I'd need to try) but they are individual releases focusing on particular parts of WWII battles. I believe Rise of Flight is also getting a retrofit to be put into the BOX series. You can find it here: https://il2sturmovik.com/

Cheers!

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 01:54 PM

And let me guess, he plays the German side !!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red

I suspect so! I do miss reading his posts - Olham was a great contributor to the community over the years. Hope he's doing well.
Posted By: Adger

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/01/19 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red

Originally Posted by JFM
I communicate with Olham nearly every day. He's doing well.

You can bet he is PR biggrin

Glad to hear he,s well Jim,he sure is missed over here.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/02/19 12:48 AM

Adger please give him my regards, I miss him too!
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: A blast from the past - OFF: Hat in the Ring setup guide - 04/20/19 02:55 AM

Please give him mine as well. He's made of gold, and he was always very helpful and considerate. Very greatly missed; I can't keep up with things here, much less two fora!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums