homepage

So, so close...

Posted By: AceMedic88

So, so close... - 11/29/18 01:48 PM

I've been playing this game for years like many of you but have never had a 100+ hour pilot.

So, naturally, when this happened yesterday, I proceeded to rage and damage things around the house.

Attached picture Capell RNAS.jpg
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 02:46 PM

“Permanently Inactive - Deceased”
Sounds so...impersonal but better then “smashed and burned up” though.
smile
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 03:28 PM

Flight Commander with 100 flight hours and still Rookie ? wink . That says something smile .
Sorry for your pilot, RIP.

NOTE: no worry, this incorrect experience level is just WOFF's insignificant glitch wink .

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 03:49 PM

Duke...I would have accepted anything more personal. “Lawn dart” would have been acceptable as well.

JJJ...I sure was flying like a rookie when it happened so it’s only telling me the truth lol. My wing broke off in a turn I’d done the same a hundred times before. I guess I pushed my luck.
Posted By: Nowi

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 04:57 PM

...but no cigar!

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nowi
...but no cigar!

.73 of an hour short. That cigar was in reach!!
Posted By: 77_Scout

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 08:08 PM

Oh no! That is painfull!!

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by 77_Scout
Oh no! That is painfull!!

It sure did sting, but I know other people here have experienced this and worse. Learned my lesson on pushing the limits on turns though haha
Posted By: Waldemar_Kurtz

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 10:21 PM

how many hours do you have to put in before you're no longer a 'rookie'? I could see a pilot with 100 hours still being a rookie in real life. didn't Fonck put in something like 500 hours before he was transferred over to a single-seat squadron? curious.

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 10:23 PM

In campaign my character still said veteran. I think it changed somewhere in the 20-ish hours. Unsure if its kills related or not. So I can confirm you're still a veteran with my stats. As JJJ pointed out, the pilot log section on the main screen had me stay a rookie.
Posted By: Raine

Re: So, so close... - 11/29/18 11:39 PM

Ace,

That's a bummer, but your guy had a great ride!

Re: So, so close... - 11/30/18 12:00 AM

That he did Raine. When they weren’t flying, he and Little caused a ruckus in Doullens for a good while haha
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: So, so close... - 11/30/18 08:08 AM

So far as I know the rookie/veteran thing is permanent. I think it has to to with the skill level of your autopilot AI/

Re: So, so close... - 11/30/18 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ace_Pilto
So far as I know the rookie/veteran thing is permanent. I think it has to to with the skill level of your autopilot AI/

IMHO, it is not permanent. It changes (improves) during your campaign progress (depending on number missions flown, mission success rate, etc.). I would assume pilot with 100 fight hours under his belt is no more Rookie (from WOFF's viewpoint).
I have noticed, that after you start WOFF UE and before first mission is flown, all pilots from Pilot Dossiers are Rookies, regardless of their true status. After a mission is flown, their status/experience level is shown correctly - Veterans are Veterans and Rookies are Rookies.
Just make a test.
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: So, so close... - 11/30/18 10:06 AM

Well, if he's a 100 hour "rookie" then it's poorly calculated so I'd stand by my hypothesis.

Re: So, so close... - 11/30/18 11:33 AM

Well, if he's a 100 hour "rookie" then it's poorly calculated so I'd stand by my hypothesis.

If I accessed the pilot log from the campaign screen it said Veteran. If I did so from the main screen, it said Rookie. It makes me wonder what it actually is/was.

Re: So, so close... - 11/30/18 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by AceMedic88

If I accessed the pilot log from the campaign screen it said Veteran. If I did so from the main screen, it said Rookie. It makes me wonder what it actually is/was.

That is the WOFF's glitch I am talking about wink.
Posted By: Sailor_Steve

Re: So, so close... - 12/07/18 06:16 PM

I feel sorry for you losing a pilot so close to that mark. On the other hand, because I''m playing a lot of Single Combat missions in early 1915 and pretending it's late 1914, I have several pilots with well over 100 hours flight time, but none of them has ever even seen an enemy machine.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums