homepage

A call for Ankor and his DX11

Posted By: dutch

A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/04/18 06:19 PM

Hi Ankor, can we use your DirectX11 for Woff ue or is this only for Cfs3.
Posted By: AnKor

Re: A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/04/18 08:17 PM

You mean the version I linked on Sim-Outhouse forum?
It is not ready to be "playable" anywhere, not for CFS3, not WOFF/WOTR.

It is just an incomplete "tech demo" version for CFS3 modders to try.
It doesn't have 3D clouds (and even standard 2D clouds), fog/haze, dynamic lights, reflections, it has only some minimal shadows, etc.
Visually it is not even close to DX9 shaders you have in WOFF.
Posted By: gaw1

Re: A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/04/18 09:17 PM

and might we wish for the fps fix you made for WOFF UE for WOTR? Full 60fps WOFF UE thx to your "blue" thingie......but in the 20's in a WOTR furball. I ask under correction as I've every option dialled up high....stiil...one can hope!
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/04/18 10:00 PM

Hopefully someday. Maybe for Christmas? smile
Posted By: AnKor

Re: A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/05/18 05:52 AM

gaw1, WOTR has additional settings for terrain quality in Workshops which should give similar results. I don't know which values there will match my mod, but if I recall correctly you should set terrain quality to 6 and then you will be able to adjust those additional settings.

Hellshade, I don't know, really. It is unpredictable when I have time to work on this.
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/05/18 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by AnKor
Hellshade, I don't know, really. It is unpredictable when I have time to work on this.

I have no expectations, sir. Only hopes. smile
Posted By: gaw1

Re: A call for Ankor and his DX11 - 10/05/18 10:47 AM

Ankor......thx....will try that......anybody have a lead here.? Having asked this.....a small voice whispers to me that it's already covered in an FAQ....and if so, I beg pardon. EDIT: AHA! It IS clearly covered in #13 on the FAQ....my bad.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums