homepage

Vosges!

Posted By: Nowi

Vosges! - 09/29/18 02:49 PM

I've started a new French career someplace I've never flown before--The Vosges!

It's beautiful! But it's boring. First, the missions are looooong! Second, you rarely see an EA.

I've been flying for a month and I have one balloon kill. I've damaged a few Aviatiks with my Nieuport 10 C 1 Lewis small clip peashooter, but my comrades always get the credit.

I think I flew my longest WOFF mission ever. Total flying time was 130 minutes! And all for naught! Didn't see a single Boche.

My biggest worry is a system failure over those wooded mountains. Where'd I land?

Nowi

Attached picture Vosges.jpg
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Vosges! - 09/29/18 08:25 PM

Nice!
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 05:51 AM

What you say is true, but I think this area becomes rather "personal" because one would almost certainly know who the enemy pilots were.
On the plus side, one can almost max out the air activity here though. I only down side is almost never meeting the RFC.
Other then that I love this area too.
Posted By: dutch

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 08:35 AM

Better to go for an airfield that is near the front. I do regulair fly at Belfort in my MS parasol campaign, do enjoy the montains very much. At that point I can not wait for the Alps at the Italian front.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 09:00 AM

Yep, Belfort with Caudron is great :-).

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 12:50 PM

I started always going up with rockets. Still haven't taken down an Aviatik yet, but I keep trying. I have managed to get two balloons.

It's so scenic!

Nowi
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 01:43 PM

I love this region in WOFF, my favorite by far. And despite it being six months or more since I've been able to work on it, I am hoping to get back to the following when winter settles in here:

Belfort Mod WIP

Posted By: dutch

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

I love this region in WOFF, my favorite by far. And despite it being six months or more since I've been able to work on it, I am hoping to get back to the following when winter settles in here:

Belfort Mod WIP

I know and It would be great if that has been finished, I can not wait.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 02:58 PM

His emminence, the illustrious B.O.C president has made an appearance, spoken, and deftly disappears behind the curtains again biggrin

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 03:06 PM

Robert, I fear my busy RL has caused me to become a bit of a lurker here. Hoping that will change for me.

(swoosh goes the curtain)

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 03:11 PM

That's more than adequate Lou. Having you lurking is like knowing the all powerful and wise spirit of a WOFF diety is just above our heads guiding us!! : kneeldown :

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 03:14 PM

hee hee, you're funny Robert biggrin

(swoosh)

Posted By: lederhosen

Re: Vosges! - 09/30/18 04:08 PM

wow I didn't even know about this coming mod... looks fantastic

Re: Vosges! - 10/02/18 03:27 PM

Do you get snow on the mountains in winter? I’m only in October.
Posted By: jeanba

Re: Vosges! - 10/08/18 03:23 PM

Two books in French about the Nancy / Belfort front :
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I did not read them, as I am still reading this one :
[Linked Image]

But they are in general full of information, though hard to read
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Vosges! - 10/08/18 05:00 PM

Oh, my French is zero to none, so no point for me. What a pity :-(.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums