homepage

OT WOFF UE

Posted By: MFair

OT WOFF UE - 08/24/18 11:02 PM

Gents,
It just dawned on me that it has been 11 years since joining this community. That’s over a decade. A long time. In that time OFF, now WOFF UE, has grown from a good sim into the finest WWI sim on the planet. OBD has done one heck of a job keeping us entertained over the past decade and there is no end in sight with WOTR coming up soon. At the heart of all this is you folks. Always a friendly greeting to the new folks and always helpful with anyone having a problem. Then there are the gurus who with their mods have improved the sim so much. To all, a hardy thanks!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/24/18 11:34 PM

I will add another “thanks” to the developers, modders, and fans.
Trying to remember when I finally said goodbye to RB3d and embraced OFF.
Has it been that long?
Posted By: MFair

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/24/18 11:44 PM

Duke,
Getting so old I cannot even add! According to my profile I joined in 2012 so that’s 6 years but it sure seems longer. When did OFF begin? The thanks to all still stays the same.
Posted By: Adger

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/25/18 01:06 AM

Just over 7yrs since i joined over at Combat Ace. Gone from thru OFF P2 all the way to the current brilliant WOFFUE.
Great sentiments MFair id also like to say a massive thanks to the modders,you do a fantastic job,i couldn,t imagine flying WOFF without some of the brilliant mods .

Also a massive thanks to all forum members who post videos,screenshots and stories ..ive personally learned a lot especially from Hellshades excellent vids. To the many forum members who offer countless advice to other members. Thank you
Its OBD,S sims that got me into WW1 i now own about a dozen books brilliant reads such as Open Cockpit,No Parachute,Sagittarius Rising and Winged Victory among others so thank you for that.

But most of all a million thanks to OBD ..wow what a sim you guys have produced,for me THE greatest sim ive ever flown.if WOTR gets anywhere near this sim were in for one hell of a ride.

Regards
Adger
Posted By: Dark_Canuck

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/25/18 07:08 AM

I only discovered this sim a few years ago, but this wonderful community has added more to my enjoyment than I ever thought possible. This is one of the most pleasant corners of the internet and that is truly because of all you!

Thanks to everyone for making this experience what it is.
Posted By: dutch

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/25/18 08:37 AM

After RB3d getting old, I went for another WW1 games: WoW and FE. Only these two games were not my taste, so I went back to RB3d. For some strange reason I could never run OFF2 on my system without crashes.
So at the start of 2009, I did get the OFF3 DVD and get on playing and only now without any crash. I know that I was afraid to get an OFF3 pre-order, so I contacted Olham to ask if everything was delliverd without any problems.

BTW, good to see some oldguys from the OFF Simouthouse forum still being active here.
Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/25/18 01:39 PM

Yes, a big thank you to the developers, modders, and community!!!! I still have my OFF P2 on a disk, and have been flying in its world ever since! I've learned a lot about WW1, ( excuse me, the "Great War") because of this wonderful sim. I've been flying sims since the days of SWOTL, ( I think the very first sim I had was actually F-22 on Sega Genesis ) and in my opinion, this sim stands on top when it comes to immersion, the feeling of being there, worrying about your squad mates, and having that feeling of just trying to stay alive. I fly this sim in a way that I don't with every other sim. Sure, I fly other sims, Falcon 4, civilian sims and so forth, but I just can't wait till WOTR!

Thank you OBD
Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/25/18 09:23 PM

It has been a little while, hasn't it guys? 11 years is a long haul MFair and we are all grateful for your support of OBD's work on WOFF and now WOTR. I also came to OFF from the days of Red Baron 3D. I found the old Delphi flight sim forum back in late 1999 and found myself engrossed in the world of mods (called UOP's - UnOfficial Patches back then). That led me over to SWWISA and OvS and his Hell's Angels mod some years later. From there, he sent me a copy of, I want to say Phase 2 of OFF in the mail, and that pulled me into their message board. That must have been late 2005 or early 2006. Been here ever since. Life is very busy now, but I relish the evenings when I can sit down and get a few missions in over the front. Even twenty years after first firing up Red Baron, I find it to be one of the most grounding, and oddly relaxing hobbies I have. Can't wait to add WOTR to the collection!
Posted By: CW3SF

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/27/18 05:13 PM

Yes, THANKS to all who make this all happen, and the VERY Helpfull folks who are quickly there to help us all.

I do remember the last Challenge about 2 years ago, and remember when they were more often.

In a few days I will be Elk hunting with my son and grandson ( at 81 ) in the high country near Steamboat Springs Colorado.
Drop buy some time for your Elk meat ration.

I joined up some time in 2003.
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/27/18 06:18 PM

Its been a long haul and times have changed a great deal due to the constant attention of both the Devs and the modders.

Here's my first ever OFF video from April 4th, 2009. 29 seconds long. Even then, the sim was full of suprises!

Posted By: Nowi

Re: OT WOFF UE - 08/28/18 01:05 PM

How much difference did the Gsync monitor make with your set up?

Nowi
© 2024 SimHQ Forums