homepage

OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners

Posted By: Hellshade

OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners - 07/12/18 12:12 AM

Not sure which specific change caused it, probably the various iterations of AnKors blue triangle killer mod (get the latest 1.5 version!), but I always used to use High Performance for the Texture Filtering option in Nvidia control panel as that seemed to help performance. Now it seems I can switch to the top end - High Quality - and everything still runs smooth and looks better than ever. Try it for yourself and let me know what results you get, please.

Attached picture HighQualityTextures0.jpg
Attached picture HighQualityTextures1.jpg
Attached picture HighQualityTextures3.jpg
Posted By: Nowi

Re: OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners - 07/12/18 10:39 AM

I'll give it a try.

On the topic of Nvidia settings, any advice from anyone on the "Video" settings? Adjust video color and image. Should these be set to "video play" or "Nvidia settings"?

Thanks.

Nowi
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners - 07/12/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Not sure which specific change caused it, probably the various iterations of AnKors blue triangle killer mod (get the latest 1.5 version!), but I always used to use High Performance for the Texture Filtering option in Nvidia control panel as that seemed to help performance. Now it seems I can switch to the top end - High Quality - and everything still runs smooth and looks better than ever. Try it for yourself and let me know what results you get, please.

I'm a little late getting back to you on this Hellshade but I have been running High Quality for some time now with no problem. so you should be good to go.
Posted By: CaptSopwith

Re: OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners - 07/12/18 01:58 PM

I'll be curious to try this too. I'm noticing more stutters with 1.5 than 1.3 - but I think it's because most of my nVidia settings were designed to counteract stutters. Will see how this helps!
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners - 07/12/18 03:07 PM

Capt set your AA Gamma correction to "off" if you haven't tried it yet. That goes a long way to removing stutters.
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: OT: Texture Filtering - High Quality for Nvidia owners - 07/15/18 06:54 PM

for myself I see no diff between performance and High qual.
I used to go always High qual. untill I got a better card + sweetFX
© 2024 SimHQ Forums