homepage

How do you use the Skins addon?

Posted By: Bruce

How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/06/18 11:56 AM

I'm a bit late to the party so to speak as far as WOFF goes, but the only version I had was Between Heaven and Hell, and that couldn't be updated, so this is all sort of new to me.
I was just wondering how you use the addon Skins that can be downloaded from the WOFF page ?
Can someone just point me to a video are give me a quick lesson? I can crash and get shot down by myself already
Posted By: hoongadoonga

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/06/18 03:19 PM

When flying a campaign mission you first go to the "briefing room". Click on "custom skin" at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up a box that shows the current skin (will start out with the default skin for your squadron). Click on the triangle on the right to open up a drop down list. Just scroll through the list and pick whichever one you want. It will stay selected for all future missions until you choose a different one.

In Quick Combat you can select a skin for both your plane and the enemy plane. This is on the main screen where you select the planes, type of mission, altitudes, etc.

The add on pack just adds to the number of skins that are available to you.

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/06/18 04:24 PM

Thanks, appreciate it! BTW does the sim actually use these skins as well, when you see other planes ?

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/06/18 04:43 PM

Yes indeed (referring to campaign missions).

There are a few fighters that have only one skin:

Halberstadt DIII
Fokker DII
Fokker DIII
Fokker EIV

I don't know about the two-seaters.

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/07/18 11:30 AM

First I checked to make sure the 6000 skins were there in my WOFF folder and they are. But when I tried to use them in Quick Combat mode, I could click on them, but everything sort of froze. I tried changing the enemy skin, but it wouldn't let me, it was greyed out. Plus I kept getting these circles with a cross through them symbols. When I did click to start a mission all I got was the regular skin.
I'm going to try it in a campaign I started tonight to see If it works there.
BTW how am I supposed to know what the actual skin I picked out looks like ?
Posted By: Burning_Beard

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/07/18 02:05 PM

Make sure you have the add on skins in the correct folder. I should read; OBDWWI Over Flanders Fields/campaigns/CampaignData/skins.

Beard

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/07/18 02:49 PM

Yes thats the folder where they are.

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/07/18 05:16 PM

Bruce, something sounds off with your installation. I suggest that you consider reinstalling the game. Or you could contact WOFF support.

Either way, you should refer to the FAQ file - link
To uninstall, see section 17. To reinstall, see sections 2-4. Information on contacting support is at the very end of the file.

There's no way, within the game, to preview what the skins look like. I use IrfanView for that. It is free software. I actually used it to scan through them one by one and made a list of my favorites.

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/08/18 04:32 PM

Uninstalled everything and cleared everything out. Did a new reinstall last night, surprising how long it takes. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, so hopefully it will work better. I use Microsoft Essentials, so I think I'll shut it off and try it first. I made sure to shut it off during install as well. Keep my fingers crossed.

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/08/18 04:50 PM

I too use Microsoft Security Essentials. I always disable real-time protection before opening WOFF.

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/09/18 07:46 PM

I shut it off hoping it would get rid of the micro stutters, but it literally didn't have any effect at all.
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: How do you use the Skins addon? - 06/10/18 05:11 PM

When I want to use a custom skin out of the pack I do a copy and rename to put it at the the top of the list.
Unless you got a hell of a memory.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums