homepage

Hmm...Really?

Posted By: Bremont

Hmm...Really? - 05/03/18 09:26 PM

Hello.

I've just started playing WOFF UE and was getting into my first campaign flying with 3 Sqdn on Morane L's.
Things were going well until on my 8th sortie, we went on a bombing raid to an enemy airfield. Having accidently dropped my bombs en route to the target, I very rashly decided to fly low over the enemy field to let my observer have a go with his Lewis at some parked aeroplanes.
Unfortunately I misjudged my height and hit the ground in the middle of the enemy airfield, smashing my Morane and leaving me with blood splattered goggles.
That it I thought.... Campaign over and I am now a POW.

But no! After ending the mission a screen pops up telling me I'm in hospital for two days and then I find myself back on duty with the squadron! Please tell me this is a glitch...........surely the game accounts for the player coming down on the wrong side of the lines!
Posted By: Adger

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/03/18 09:36 PM

Welcome Bremont..Have you ever thought that Jerry patched you up in their hospital,and you escaped captivity to rejoin your squadron? biggrin thumbsup

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/03/18 09:47 PM

Thanks.

It did cross my mind, but if it happens every time, I think I'll change my name to Captain Scarlet. Kind of an immersion killer knowing I will always return.
Posted By: Adger

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/03/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bremont
Thanks.

It did cross my mind, but if it happens every time, I think I'll change my name to Captain Scarlet. Kind of an immersion killer knowing I will always return.

Haha,no worries Its been a while since i went down over enemy lines but im sure you can get captured as a Pow. Maybe others here can clarify guys?
Posted By: MFair

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/03/18 10:52 PM

Bremont,
Welcome to WOFF UE. While it does happen, you can spend the rest of the war as a prisoner. Yes, you will have a few “what the heck” moments but the overall experience far outweighs any “how did that happen” moments. Believe me, there are many ways to die. As Lou is busy at the moment, I might add the new guy buys the drinks!

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/04/18 08:59 AM

Thanks, good to know it shouldn't happen too often.
I think I'll do the honest thing and assume my character is now a POW and start afresh with a new campaign. Probably 3 Sqdn Moranes again, as I want to see if I can survive to fly some better machines. I'm also hoping to bump into a Sergeant mechanic called McCudden.
Cheers!
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/04/18 11:31 AM

It's more of a penalty than a consequence. I agree with your decision to enforce your own consequences Bremont.
Posted By: loftyc

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/04/18 07:31 PM

welcome aboard, Bremont. I might also suggest to be sure on the second page of the workshop settings that both the "outcomes" and "invincible" boxes are checked accordingly. As others have noted, getting killed in this sim is easy; be careful what you wish for!!
Posted By: ARUP

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/05/18 01:55 AM

It happens! Sometimes you escape and sometimes you don't! German fliers spend less time over enemy territory than their enemies do. So... as a German flier I don't worry about capture so much! lol Your forehead can bleed profusely with the least injury. Look at the 'horrible' bleeding injuries 'professional' wrestlers sustain. You'd think they were dying when all that blood is due to a pin prick (safety pin secretly retrieved from shorts then secretly replaced) after use on the forehead mixed with sweat!

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/05/18 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by loftyc
welcome aboard, Bremont. I might also suggest to be sure on the second page of the workshop settings that both the "outcomes" and "invincible" boxes are checked accordingly. As others have noted, getting killed in this sim is easy; be careful what you wish for!!

I have 'Outcomes' set to Normal & 'Invincible' set to Off.

Picture of one of my BE2 training flights.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HarryH

Re: Hmm...Really? - 05/08/18 04:34 PM

lovely pic, and welcome to the fray!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums