homepage

WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE

Posted By: yaan98

WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 05/02/18 02:42 AM

I was able to get WOFF UE to work with VIVE. Head tracking with the headset works fine. Only problem was that when I used "geometry" setting in Vorpx, there would be a lot of screen flicker even after disabling shadows, so I had to choose "Z-Normal".

Used Opentrack with Vorpx. Simple setup. Didn't need to use any virtual desktop either, Vorpx just hooked into cfs3.exe when it was launching.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture vorpxconfig.jpg
Attached picture vorpxgeneralconfig.jpg
Attached picture opentrack1.jpg
Attached picture opentrackmappingx.jpg
Attached picture Shot04-22-18-12-45-25.jpg
Attached picture Shot04-22-18-12-46-28.jpg
Posted By: AnKor

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 05/02/18 10:58 AM

Interesting smile

I've got Vive recently and heard about VorpX but it is quite costly and I wasn't sure if it will work with WOFF so I didn't try it.
Since I have the headset now I might tackle proper VR support at some point.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 05/14/18 04:19 PM

Yaan thanks for posting, so if you can't use geometry setting does this mean you don't get a 3D effect ?
Posted By: yaan98

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 05/15/18 01:29 AM

That's correct, if you mean by that a perception of depth. Now, it's like wearing trackir with my head inside a spherical monitor. I can physically turn my head and look behind me to see the tail of my plane, or directly down at the floor to see a compass.

I set up pitch, roll, yaw, y and z axis to a 1:1 ratio with my head movement (i.e. turning my head 90 degrees will turn it 90 degrees inside WOFF). I only needed to adjust x axis because side-to-side movement wasn't working right.
Posted By: maddog7800

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 05/15/18 03:36 PM

Thanks for posting that, Yaan. Has anyone tried similar settings with Oculus? I don't have VorpX, but would be tempted to buy if it works with WOFF, even if only 2D...
Posted By: Polovski

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 05/16/18 10:09 AM

OK thanks Yaan pity about the 3D part but cool it runs well otherwise.
Posted By: Stickshaker

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 06/02/18 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by maddog7800
Thanks for posting that, Yaan. Has anyone tried similar settings with Oculus? I don't have VorpX, but would be tempted to buy if it works with WOFF, even if only 2D...

I fully agree! Please let us know whether it works with Oculus!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 06/02/18 12:01 PM

Man. How cool would WOFF in full VR be?
For that I’d break out the wallet.
Posted By: dutch

Re: WOFF in Virtual Reality works with VIVE - 06/02/18 01:00 PM

If Ankor DirectX11 will be ported to WoFF then I guess it would be easier to run VR, or as an VRnoob is this false.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums