homepage

The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/09/18 11:34 PM

I just finished a PM yesterday with Lou since I was somewhat concerned that he was AWOL. It's been some time since I read any of his posts.
His response to me was that real life has been keeping him busy and he just hasn't had the time to contribute to the forum or to work on his latest mod.
He assured me that he and family are healthy and well but that he has been conscripted to provide some necessary training and tutelage to his grand daughter
as well as providing some necessary home care for his mother. Obviously a busy household and I can readily see how a young 2 year old sprite could drain ones energy level in no time flat.

Lou has indicated that he is only on leave. Personally I think it is more like fatigue duty. biggrin

He will undoubtedly be heard from soon.

Best Regards;
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/10/18 12:48 AM

Thank you sir. I have a great deal of sympathy for him that way. It's all i can do to drop by here once in a while. My company wants 50 hour weeks for a while until we can clear up the backlog. Luckily, I'm paid by the hour! but then I get home,, the granddaughters are here, and I get precious little time to keep up here, much less fly!
Posted By: Shredward

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/10/18 12:49 AM

Thankyou Robert. And once again, we see Lou being his amazing self.
Cheers
Posted By: kksnowbear

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/10/18 03:26 AM

You know, I often wonder what lives the folks from here have outside this place...and I've also wondered how/which people would look out for one another. I've been around forums since the CompuServe days (71332,674 lol) so I do know people are in contact outside the forum in many cases. But you just never know specifically, and it's always good to know that people keep an eye out.

It seems to apply all the more so, where someone so esteemed a colleague as our revered Lou is concerned. I'm not at all surprised he's just as treasured and valuable to those near him smile
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/10/18 06:04 AM

Thx for info, Robert. I have been wondered about Lou either.
Posted By: MFair

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/10/18 10:27 PM

Thank you for the update Robert. Looking forward to Lou’s return and all the gifts he brings to the forum.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/11/18 02:10 AM

Glad to hear Lou and everyone are fine
Posted By: dutch

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/11/18 08:09 PM

Guess he is busy in finishing the Belfort mod. :-)
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/11/18 08:25 PM

Lou and Oldham are very much missed at the mess hall. Hope to see them back soon.
Posted By: Deejan

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/27/18 04:27 PM

Thanks for the update Robert. I’ve been away from the forum for almost 3 weeks due to packing, storing and now cleaning our former home for the new people who take possession 1 May plus a weeks vac time from PV Mexico. I was hoping to see Lou here in the Forum but assumed he was busy with real life and that his time is at a premium with family commitments and other ventures. I hope to see him around soon! Cheers all! Deej
Posted By: dutch

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/27/18 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ArisFuser
Lou and Oldham are very much missed at the mess hall. Hope to see them back soon.

Olham can be contacted at the old OFF forum at Combatace. It seems he is not playing WoFF anymore but is into ships. But sure I miss his great stories, he is a nice guy.
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: The wherabouts of the missing RAF_Louvert - 04/28/18 10:16 AM

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts all, they are appreciated more than you know. I heard there was important business to take care of over at the BOC so I borrowed a staff car and raced over here directly. For those wondering, life is good but silly busy. Between traveling two days a week back and forth to my mother's to help her out with chores and appointments, and spending most of the week's remainder with the granddaughters, well, there is time left for little else. Add to that I've been working on my middle daughter's house as she is intending to put it up for sale. And, now that spring has at long last come to Minnesota I've got yard work and house projects here at the family manse as well. Such is life, and it is a good life. I am hoping to get back to my WOFF projects in the not-too-distant future as I would really like to see how the massive Belfort mod will work for you folks. Fingers crossed.

I better get over to the club bar now and take care of the pressing business there as the staff car needs to go back before someone realizes it's gone missing, (it wasn't actually borrowed so much as stolen). All the best my friends, and cheers!

Lou

© 2024 SimHQ Forums