homepage

WOFF-UE Newbie questions

Posted By: Tazz

WOFF-UE Newbie questions - 04/04/18 09:28 AM

I've recently purchased WOFF UE and I'm loving it so far. I just had some very straightforward questions to which I wasn't able to quickly find an answer.

Q1: Beeping joystick
So I'm using a TM Cougar + RCS pedals and I used to workshop to map the functions to the buttons I need (or think I need, more on that later) but now everytime I'm in the game and pressing a button..I hear the same beeping noise is when I'm in the workshop menu? To say that's somewhat immersion breaking is a bit understated so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here?

Q2: TM Cougar profile
Does anyone have a TM Cougar profile for WOFF or any tips on what I should map where to get the most out of the sim and HOTAS?

Q3: Nightlight
Some of the training missions I have to fly take off at 6:30 pm or 7:00 pm .. and it's pitch dark! I can't see a darn thing at all. Is there some sort of reading light or anything so I can actually see my gauges? Or is that what night flying was all about in WO1? As in, you literally cannot see anything? smile
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: WOFF-UE Newbie questions - 04/04/18 09:50 AM

Hello Tazz, for some of your Joystick and rudder problems (including the infamous beeping problem) you are sure to find some answers in the FAQ:

FAQ

Regarding Night visibilty, you may want to manually skip them by activating that option in the workshop ( on the second page of Settings----> "Campaign Advance Mode" set it to Manual/Auto).
You may even use the Mission Editor by JJJ65 to modify your flight time too.
Posted By: AnKor

Re: WOFF-UE Newbie questions - 04/04/18 10:03 AM

By default CTRL+SHIFT+L switches cockpit lights. It works for all aircrafts. Won't help with seeing where you fly though smile
Posted By: Polovski

Re: WOFF-UE Newbie questions - 04/04/18 10:17 AM

Beep is usually due to you leaving the keyboard/controller configuration tool open in the background (actually called the Function Bindings program).
Posted By: xNightFlyerx

Re: WOFF-UE Newbie questions - 04/10/18 03:08 AM

Welcome Tazz fly safe!
Posted By: carrick58

Re: WOFF-UE Newbie questions - 04/10/18 03:12 AM

Welcome and have fun
© 2024 SimHQ Forums