homepage

OT Real life WOFFUE moment

Posted By: MFair

OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/03/18 01:32 PM

Driving down the highway at dawn this morning I was taken aback at how much the sunrise with its colors and clouds resemble the skies of WOFFUE. It was then in my peripheral vision that I spotted a flight of 6 geese in a V formation above. In my state of mind my Toyota was a Sopwith Camel and the geese were DV's. I almost ran off the road when I hit hard rudder and pulled back on the wheel. I mean stick! biggrin
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/03/18 02:50 PM

Hehe. I thought I was the only one who looked at the sky and though back 100 years.
As additional spice I get a lot of small plane traffic out in the country (lotsa airfields in the area even converted farm fields) so it makes it real easy.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/03/18 03:14 PM

Hah, that's funny MFair! I'm constantly looking at the clouds while I'm driving around and experiencing the sudden urge to get back to my computer smile
Posted By: Raine

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/03/18 03:17 PM

I know that feeling. BTW, Bishop has claimed seven of those geese.
Posted By: ARUP

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/06/18 01:40 AM

+1... I'm always looking at the sky! I'm smitten with aviation. My faves are Pioneer (Edwardians to the blokes across the pond!), Golden Age Racing and Civilian, vintage sailplanes (of which I have a few large RC version- all scratch built and can be seen on www.scalesoaring.com in the 'scale sailplanes' build forum) and, naturally, WWI aircraft! Every room in my house has something aviation in it. It's a disease and I am happy to have it! I will die with it!
Posted By: carrick58

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/06/18 03:36 AM

thanks for sharing.
Posted By: MFair

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/06/18 09:53 PM

I reckon we are either “blessed”, “touched”, or “cursed”, depending on your view.
Posted By: dutch

Re: OT Real life WOFFUE moment - 04/07/18 10:08 AM

I always have that feeling when flying.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums