homepage

Gun Sound Question.

Posted By: Blackard

Gun Sound Question. - 02/26/18 04:16 AM

Gone to the dark side lately and noticed something odd.

Went to "quick combat" to learn to fly and fight with the Alb. and when firing those spandaus they make a nice "thumping" sound. They sound real powerful. However, when I go to campaign, even with no mods installed, they sound sort of, I dunno, clanky. swishy, weaker. Hard to describe, but nothing like that thump they make in quick combat.

Normal or do I have something screwed up? Game is fully patched, up to date, been playing right along with no issues, checked settings etc. Just noticed this when I changed sides, and have no idea.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: Gun Sound Question. - 02/26/18 11:10 AM

Hi,

I think in your Campaign you are sometime before spring 1917. From about spring 1917 on the gunsound changes because of the usage of the muzzle booster, which makes them sound more thumping. For the allies the invention of the constantinesco gear also increases the rate of fire.

Cheers
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Gun Sound Question. - 02/26/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Creaghorn
Hi,

I think in your Campaign you are sometime before spring 1917. From about spring 1917 on the gunsound changes because of the usage of the muzzle booster, which makes them sound more thumping. For the allies the invention of the constantinesco gear also increases the rate of fire.

Cheers

Just thought I would add some additional data to provide a date to work with Creaghorn:

No. 55 Squadron's DH.4s arrived in France on 6 March 1917 fitted with the new gear. They were the first.

Best Regards;
Posted By: Blackard

Re: Gun Sound Question. - 02/26/18 10:26 PM

There was no question in my mind that I'd get a sound answer.

Yes, just turning the corner to 1917, with all my pilots.

Thank you, Gentlemen.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: Gun Sound Question. - 02/27/18 12:53 AM

Blackard, I see what you did there and I hear ya. seehearspeak
© 2024 SimHQ Forums