homepage

New things on the horizon

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 12:48 AM

Hi Folks;

Behind the scenes, Fullofit has graciously agreed to generate some much needed models for Lou's latest mod and to help flush out some uncompleted work on the Roucourt airfield. Here is a brief view of the cemetery monuments he has completed as they will look in Roucourt airfield. They will be available in the next Consolidated Mods release once Lou has completed his effort.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikv1glmp3n8gqs2/Roucourt%20Cemetery2.JPG?dl=0[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/35ro4iq1ejvecbx/Roucourt%20Cemetery1.JPG?dl=0[/img]

Best Regards;
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 12:56 AM

Nice. Didn’t realize a cemetery was so close to the flying area.
Should I be nervous?

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand
Nice. Didn’t realize a cemetery was so close to the flying area.
Should I be nervous?

Ha Ha! Oh, and there is room there for more monuments, should there become a need for them! winkngrin
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 01:35 AM

Simple crosses are also available if marble is out of your price range. Man, that sounds like a funeral home spiel.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 06:38 AM

Great! thumbsup
Thanks, Sirs.
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 04:25 PM

Robert, if you're interested, I did rework the monument textures so that the repeat pattern is nearly nil. And speaking of reworked textures, I also have a new one for your wall models that I put together for my current project. I can send it along if you find it an improvement.

(right-click on image and open in new window to view it full size)

[Linked Image]

Attached picture WOFF_UE_Belfort_wall_test_001.jpg
Posted By: Shredward

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 04:30 PM

If you build it, they will come.
Cheers,
shredward

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/13/18 04:40 PM

Lou

I am always willing to accept your work. Send me a link.
Posted By: ARUP

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/14/18 02:48 AM

I sure appreciate you guys doing this work! I am so stupid and too old to learn how to do this. frown
Posted By: JFM

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/15/18 01:59 PM

Nice stuff.
Posted By: AnKor

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/15/18 03:00 PM

Just one comment since you are creating new models.

When you are creating something big and flat like a wall or fence, make sure that their long sides are not just a couple of triangles to span tens of meters. This will cause very odd ground shadows as if the wall was curved or lifted above the ground.
Just split large surfaces into multiple triangles no bigger than 1-2 m.

To make ground shadows visible for 20 km around the player I had to add some math tricks and "bend" the coordinate space. And long straight lines don't fit well into this curved world smile

Also note that textures for facilities should be inside "buildings" folder. Otherwise the shaders will treat them as moving objects (like cars) and will only draw their shadows at close distance.

Re: New things on the horizon - 02/15/18 03:15 PM

That is a very important reminder Ankor and thanks for bringing it up.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums