homepage

Cool movie on YT.

Posted By: DukeIronHand

Cool movie on YT. - 02/08/18 03:49 PM

Stole this link from the Aerodrome site.
Have watched about 20 minutes so far and figured I should share.
Kind of the German version of Dawn Patrol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNvTCmAYSo
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/08/18 10:36 PM

Thanks, looks really good.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/08/18 11:16 PM

Thanks Duke, I like it too but haven't been able to watch all of it yet due to busy day.

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 12:38 AM

Nor I!
It clocks in at 2 hours. Had to stop myself but I guess the beauty of YT is you can pick it back up anywhere and anytime.
And it’s mercifully subtitled. Bless whoever did that.
Definitely getting “The Dawn Patrol” vibe. Keep waiting for Errol Flynn to pop up!
Posted By: MFair

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 01:19 AM

Nice one Duke. Have not seen that one before. Thanks!
Posted By: Adger

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by MFair
Nice one Duke. Have not seen that one before. Thanks!

Me neither il certainly give this a watch. Thanks Duke
Posted By: rtoolooze262

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 02:42 AM

Ya thanks Duke, haven't seen it either.

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 01:22 PM

And when you coming back Banjoman?
Figured your time would be about up?
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 02:39 PM

Demonitized for politically incorrect content...

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 02:44 PM

What is it now Pilto?
Have not seen the whole thing yet and it was made in cooperation with the German government in the 1930’s.
Pro-N*** propaganda included I will guess you are hinting?

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 03:12 PM

Jokes aside it was actually banned for being too "pro nazi" in the post war period.

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 03:19 PM

Pro-old ways or pro-N***? A wide loop was cast in the post-war years.
TBH, while disappointed, I am not too surprised, based on when/where/how it was made, and was watching for it to possibly creep in. Ain’t seen anything yet.
Shame. It’s a cool movie. Literally the German version of one of my favorite movies that got my life long love with the subject going as a young child.
Well hopefully it’s not too egregious and I guess we are all big boys here knowing right from wrong.

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand
I guess we are all big boys here knowing right from wrong.

That we are, absolutely. I can withstand the sight of a few Hakenkreuz banners being unfurled at the end of a good film without problems.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/09/18 11:29 PM

Good Find, Duke Iron Hand. I enjoyed the film with many Shots of old a/c and places that I have never seen. The D-7 nd DRI were joys to watch along with the early 109's B Models ? in formation flight. The Fru , farm wife, was the type I pictured in my mine;s eye for that period and place The film people had her spot on. As for being Pro N%%%% yes, but they probably couldn't have made the film any other way with the political movement at the time. This is not to mean that they were not at fault for supporting the Madness at least. indirectly if not more.

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/10/18 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ace_Pilto
Originally Posted by DukeIronHand
I guess we are all big boys here knowing right from wrong.

That we are, absolutely. I can withstand the sight of a few Hakenkreuz banners being unfurled at the end of a good film without problems.

If that’s all it is, separate from the movie and in the “credits”, then thank goodness.
If they were trying to slip it in throughout the movie it would ruin the whole thing for me.
Hopefully get to watch the rest today.
Posted By: ARUP

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/11/18 09:55 PM

I especially liked the sailplane footage being a vintage sailplane RC model builder!
Posted By: CrimsonTide

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/11/18 11:45 PM

Thanks for sharing this. I had not seen it before.

Re: Cool movie on YT. - 02/12/18 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by carrick58
As for being Pro N%%%% yes, but they probably couldn't have made the film any other way with the political movement at the time.

There is little doubt of that especially for a “major production” such as this in addition to clearly needing governmental support (aircraft) to make it. Too bad whoever posted it couldn’t have cut the end out. Don’t like having my 1914-18 Air war “tainted.” One of my burns with Goering. In fact I edit him out of the “Aces.txt” in the WOFF game files. I get some petty satisfaction over it. Wonder what will happen when Reinhard “dies” in the game. Guess I’ll finally find out with my DVII career.
Have to believe there weren’t too many independent anti-government film makers running around in 1938!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums