homepage

OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995)

Posted By: AnKor

OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/29/17 03:20 PM

A recent thread about the Red Baron movie reminded me about one gem I wanted to share.
Maybe it is well known around here, but I've never ever seen a mention of this game until I came across a video of it while looking for old WWI flight games.
Do you remember cheesy FMV shooters from early 90-s? I played Crime Patrol as a child so many times the CD became unreadable smile

Now imagine the same but with WWI airplanes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUyQb9TuKNc

No idea what was their budget, but I'd like to give them credit in that cut scenes with flying airplanes look good and the acting is ok and doesn't try to be serious.
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/29/17 03:58 PM

Thanks, that was so funny it was awesome.
Posted By: Shredward

Re: OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/30/17 12:13 AM

Now why can’t WoFF be more like that ?
Posted By: JimBobb

Re: OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/30/17 09:35 AM

90's was the golden era of gaming, it started with mid 80's and ended when first Xbox arrived.

Games had soul and quality and were not 'consolized'.

I don't even have to tell you guys how many awesome, flight, sub, tank, heli, space sims we had in those times, everyone had a joystick!
Posted By: Hauksbee

Re: OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/30/17 01:03 PM

Had I known, I definitely would have flown that!
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/30/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hauksbee
Had I known, I definitely would have flown that!

I have to agree. For 'back in the day' it must have been really cool.
Posted By: Lausbub78

Re: OT: Wing Nuts - FMV WWI flight game (1995) - 12/30/17 01:43 PM

Adding to that,with the internet not yet accessible for the majority ,obtaining Games was sometimes a struggle,atleast where I lived. Next big City was like 20kilometers away. I went there by train, because I was not old enough for a driving license , to visit a Computerstore,which also carried some Games. Unfortunally not every Game I wanted though. All of those Games came in big boxes,with a lot of stuff like maps and manuals with atleast 50 pages, most likely more depending on the Game. And man,those games where expensive for me ,especially that I had to save up the money from lawn mowing or washing cars for several weeks. Still,those where awesome times. Made me appreciate every single Game I got ,unlike today where you can get hundreds of them with a few mouseclicks.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums