homepage

Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third.

Posted By: CW3SF

Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 03:59 AM

My life has changed in so many ways.I do not have her behind me ( quietly reading as I am flying in WOFF) wondering why I am leaning as I am "dog fighting". In our very small RV trailer for me to fly ( only at night ) she had use a less then perfect reading light.
When I got globbered some how and my plane was making loud sounds she would ask " How is your plane doing" ( knowing fullwell it was not good ). We went back and forth poking at each other for over 55years. Each of us always supported the other in any
thing the other did.

She push at me to get some new military patches and make a new hat for the WW1 event in Ohio last year. Great idea, the old one at stuff on it from 1956. No issue from her about going. When I returned, the first question was " did you have fun".
I told her all about you guys and later showed her the photos posted on this web site.

For the last 1/2 year I have not spent much time in the cockpit. Not as much fun now.

Spending the last 1/2 year in Colorado with my son's family at the ranch has been just what I needed to sort "stuff" out. Fixing fences, tending the cattle, and horses, all the time with 3 dogs under foot calls for keeping your mind on the task at hand.

Soon I will be going back to AZ and my great hiking club that "saved my life" last April. The crew was at my place, bringing food, and talking me through the hardships that some of them had go through. Good people!!
My RV will still be empty and quiet. Her chair is empty. Half of the bed is empty. This next 1/2 year will be hard to go through with my kids in Colorado. Several of my friends await my bringing lots of Elk meat for them. That should transform in to lots of folks
doing potlucks and having a great time. I can use all of that positive energy for sure!

The general, Vito that was at the WW1 event almost got to go Elk hunting, but at the last moment it fell through. Maybe next year.

I think some stick time is about to happen.

If you have gone through loosing a spouse and have any advise, please pm me.

Thanks, Richard ( CW3SF )
Posted By: Raine

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 04:31 AM

Richard, that is so sad. I'm not qualified to advise, but know that I'm thinking of you and hope you find some joy.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 05:25 AM

Richard, your post came as quite a shock to me. Indeed it is a hard time for you having had so many good years with the wife. There is probably nothing I can say that you haven't already heard but know that my thoughts and best wishes are with you. I remember the good times we shared at the rendezvous together and that has stuck with me.
I wish you a quick healing with fond memories of all those good years you shared with her, and much support from family and friends.

Best Regards mate!
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 10:51 AM

Have never lost a spouse but I have lost people who were close to me. They're never completely gone, you just have to listen a bit more carefully to hear their encouragement now.
Posted By: Space_Ghost

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 12:09 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Richard. I haven't experienced the loss of a spouse but know we all stand behind you.
Posted By: MFair

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 01:17 PM

Sorry for your loss Richard. That would be a tough row to hoe and have not been down it before. A lot of folks never get to experience 55 years of love and companionship so you are a rich man. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Posted By: dutch

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 05:47 PM

In my case as an non-English it is very difficult to reply in the right words. I can only support the good reply’s, the members already wrote down.

God bless you.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/29/17 08:55 PM

G.B. and U have my Best wishes.
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 01:09 AM

Richard, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what it's like to lose your best friend. Just know that my wife and I will be praying for you.
Posted By: OvStachel

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 03:23 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss Rich. Our prayers are with you... come around when you can, maybe we can all cheer you up when you need it.

James
'OvS'
Posted By: gaw1

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 12:00 PM

CW............just saw this........sorry. Anno Domini doesn't begin to cover it.
Posted By: Stache

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 03:17 PM

Richard,

My heart goes out to you. My closest loss has been my Mother and Father who passed within five years of each other.
My wife and I will celebrate our 29th this year, I doubt we will make it to 55, due to our late start.

Just recently I had noticed your absence of late on this forum and was hoping all was well with you.
It is good that you have had your son's family to support each other.

You also have the support of all on this forum, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Mike S.
Posted By: Hasse

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 04:53 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, CW3SF.

I wish you all the best.
Posted By: stljeffbb

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 05:52 PM

CW3SF, I'm very sorry to hear this.

Hang in there, and I too wish you all the best,

Regards,

Jeff
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 09/30/17 08:59 PM

CW3SF

So sorry to read about your loss. Heartfelt condolences to you.
Posted By: BigDuke66

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/01/17 01:32 AM

Sorry for your loss CW3SF.
Wish you all the best.
Posted By: matmilne

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/01/17 08:42 AM

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you a better, happier, luckier, settled future.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/01/17 02:18 PM

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, Richard. It is obvious that you and your wife had a very special connection that seems increasingly rare in this day and age. I know that you must miss her terribly.

Please stay in touch and let us know if there is anything we can do to help lift your spirits during this very difficult time.

Robert
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/01/17 11:05 PM

Dear Richard,
One can only imagine your loss and what you must be going through. I wish you the strength to get through this difficult time and the will to keep the memory of your best friend going in your thoughts and in your heart.
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/02/17 01:35 AM

Richard,

I can only imagine the grief, the numbness, and the emptiness that comes from losing your dear beloved. To hear you describe your relationship sounds a lot like me and my wife of 42+ years. Completing each other's sentences, laughing together - once we were working on something together, and I can't even remember what tool it was we were sharing among the things we had at hand, but she had her back to me and said "Hand me the hickey-ma-doo." To which I replied, "You mean the jigger?" "Yeah" - and I handed her the correct tool without even looking, and when the absurdity of that exchange hit us we couldn't work for a few minutes for laughing. How do you deal with a hole like that? How would I deal, I wonder.

I'm sure there are a thousand and more such things that you will recall - cherish them, be thankful for them if you can. It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful people around you. Yet as you say, when they go home, and again the RV has just you... My heart goes out to you. And my prayers. But what would she want? You know that she would not want you to pine away days in grief - oh I'm sure you've had those days, but they will become less frequent. Think of her still thinking of you, still with you in a different sense, still wanting you to be happy and living a full life and being a blessing to others in you circle - and letting them be a blessing to you.

PM me if you need to talk. My spouse is still alive but at our age we've all had loses along the way...

Better days are ahead.

Tom
Posted By: CW3SF

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/03/17 02:43 AM

Tom, you hit the nail right smack dab on the head with your thoughfull responce. I could just picture Marilyn and I doing the same things only we called the stuff "whatsmagiger" and "gizmo".

Thanks again for all of your thoughtfull coments.

WOFF is a great and carring group of folks!

Richard
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/05/17 01:16 AM

Richard,

You're welcome! Yeah, we use all sorts of terms like that. Hickey-ma-jigger, doo-dad, whatsi-it, gizmo and other variations! I'm glad to know that in some small way I helped. Hope I can make it to Dayton for the 2018 Dawn Patrol Rendezvous, perhaps we can meet up again there. And you are right, this is a great bunch of people. Please take care and PM me any time. And keep on WOFFING! I see I have a patch to download. <Tom wanders off singing "All I want for Christmas is WOTR..."> (sheesh - if you pronounce the letters individually, that actually works!)

Tom
Posted By: Deacon211

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/05/17 11:43 AM

Very sad to hear. Hang in there...we've all got your six.
Posted By: Mr_Dirt

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/06/17 01:05 AM

CW3SF I cannot pretend to know your pain but, I know how I would feel if I lost my wife. My prayers and wishes for the best go out to you. The one thing I know is she will always be carried in your mind and heart, in times of sorrow search for her there.
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: Marilyn, my wife of 55 years passed April the third. - 10/06/17 11:06 AM

Richard, I am very sorry for your loss. Remember the good and the love you two shared throughout the years. And if we should all find ourselves at Dayton again next year we will raise a glass to your dear Marilyn. Stay strong my friend.

Lou

© 2024 SimHQ Forums