homepage

Can you please add other online retailer?

Posted By: JimBobb

Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 06:51 AM

I'd like to purchase WOFF but don't use credit card for online purchases, the avangate supports only credit card.

Can you add other retailer for example like

https://www.bmtmicro.com/

they support many more payment methods (i use paysafecard).

I know they might take more for every purchase (but there are no fees on bmtmicro), but think about this way.... it's a no sale for some people like me on avangate, vs a sale with some bigger margin, so you still get $$ compared to getting nothing.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 08:26 AM

We have no plans to change payment methods at the moment Jim. Avangate also takes other payment methods including bank transfer. For the odd sale it's not worth the work for us.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 08:28 AM

Déjà vu?
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 10:25 AM

Indeed, I think I said I'd delete any further requests, so the next time that's what will happen Jim.
Rather than wasting time asking, and me wasting time responding assume we will not do this, and if we ever do, we'll tell you Jim.
Posted By: dutch

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 03:52 PM

Jimbobb and how did you get your aces high game from Steam? Let me geuss paypal, screwy

I still think Avangate is one of the best sites for online game buying, so OBD, do not leave that payment site.
Posted By: 4L0M

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by dutch
Jimbobb and how did you get your aces high game from Steam? Let me geuss paypal, screwy

I still think Avangate is one of the best sites for online game buying, so OBD, do not leave that payment site.

The difference is, that if I want to play a game on Steam that I bought 10 years ago, I just start steam, Download and play it any time I want on any PC.

With Avangate, I buy WOFF, then have a 10 download limit and a finite window to download it before the download link has expired for ever. I personally find this unacceptable when you are paying £50+ for a digital product.

GOG, Origin, Uplay, etc also let me download whatever I have purchased whenever I want on any PC I want. Having a download limit and no access to your paid for software after a time limit is unacceptable to me regarding digital distribution in 2017.

I own over 600 digital download games, and WOFF is the ONLY one that I have to keep a back up of.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/18/17 07:41 PM

I guess we can toss this around for ever and there will always be differing opinions. In the end, The developer of WOFF has to make the decision they feel is right for them. There are undoubtedly many things they had to consider before choosing Avangate. I like to think they are intelligent enough to have gone through the thought process.

Any way you look at it, it is their decision and if they feel it is having a significant impact on sales, I'm sure they will make a change.

In the end, there is probably not much point in beating this issue to death. Better to leave it in the hands of OBD. Many points have been made here and personally I feel it is time to move on.

This is just my opinion, not meant to be a rant.

Best Wishes to all
Posted By: carrick58

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 12:56 AM

I agree with Mr. Wiggins.
Posted By: 4L0M

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 05:03 AM

That's actually an unfair assessment.
You do realise that I can walk 2 minutes to my local supermarket which is open 24 hours a day and buy prepaid steam cards for cold hard cash if I didn't want to buy something on Steam with a Credit card?

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 10:47 AM

Polovski maybe something to consider for WOTR ?

Imo ease of purchase should be important..... because without it some cannot even purchase your games.

Jimbobb and how did you get your aces high game from Steam? Let me geuss paypal

Steam has practicaly every payment method you can think of, if you would read the 1st post you would see i use paysafecard.
Posted By: Adger

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 11:15 AM

Hi JimBobb..is there anybody that you know who would buy the game for you using their credit/ debit card or whatever Avangate uses?

Then you could transfer the money either into their account or give them the cash equivalent?

My mum doesn't like using the net for card purchases so I pay anything that she needs online and she gives me the cash,real easy pal.
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 01:42 PM

That time of the year again?
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 01:56 PM

Even the war only lasted 4 years. Are we done yet?
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 03:01 PM

Not again...

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by 4L0M

That's actually an unfair assessment.
You do realise that I can walk 2 minutes to my local supermarket which is open 24 hours a day and buy prepaid steam cards for cold hard cash if I didn't want to buy something on Steam with a Credit card?

No and I hope you do not any problems to that, but thanks for explaning why you do have 600 steam games. ;-)

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/19/17 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by JimBobb
Polovski maybe something to consider for WOTR ?

Imo ease of purchase should be important..... because without it some cannot even purchase your games.

Jimbobb and how did you get your aces high game from Steam? Let me geuss paypal

Steam has practicaly every payment method you can think of, if you would read the 1st post you would see i use paysafecard.

That is maybe the difference living in the Netherlands and the US. Here we just pay by the internet bank, so no need for Credit or debetcard, while at other countries seems to have an different aproach for paying. For Steam we can only use the Credit card or Paypal, that is connected to my bank account btw.

But I can not believe it is not possible to connect your Paypal to your bank account in your country like I did, but ok geuss you are right.

Edit, did check Avangate website, they support more then 45 payment methods, so your prefer payment most be included. Just contact Avangate and ask for your payment method at http://www.avangate.com/shopper-support/

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/20/17 06:54 PM

[quote=JimBobb]

Edit, did check Avangate website, they support more then 45 payment methods

Not realy, when you purchase WOFF you can only pay with CC or paypal.
Posted By: HumanDrone

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/21/17 01:11 AM

JimBobb, Dutch may be correct. Avangate just acquired another company and is now known as 2checkout, the idea being to add payment flexibility. Check his link if you haven't already and see.

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/21/17 04:25 AM

[quote=JimBobb]

Guess you are from the US, so give them a call, explain your payment problems and they will help you. Avangate Service desk Telephone number is included in the Avangate website. Just give that an try.

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/21/17 12:50 PM

[quote=JimBobb]

Guess you are from the US, so give them a call, explain your payment problems and they will help you. Avangate Service desk Telephone number is included in the Avangate website. Just give that an try.

There is no payment problem, Avangate just does not support paysafecard.
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/21/17 01:00 PM

If there is no payment problem, why do you troll here?
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/21/17 02:21 PM

God really.
Been the same tired drumbeat for years with him. Though he is being civil this go-round.
Look...if you wanted WOFF bad enough something certainly could have been done by now...by you not anyone else.
Are you some kind of employee of this "Paysafe" company?
Posted By: Adger

Re: Can you please add other online retailer? - 09/21/17 02:23 PM

I have the same opinion as Triple J,JimBobb you have had answers and advice from forum members and it does appear as though you're not remotely interested

Is this the 3rd or even 4th time you've started threads concerning Avangate?
I made a suggestion regarding somebody getting WOFF for you and you giving them the cash alternative is that not a option? A son,daughter,niece nephew,Aunty,Uncle..surely there's someone able to help pal?

I personally think that your trying people's patience with these "Avangate" payments..Pol time and time again has explained the situation and yet you still continue to ask.

Hopefully one day you'll be able to acquire WOFF and enjoy this excellent sim.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums